PDA

View Full Version : Long Death Monk Magic Items

NatureKing
2019-06-29, 08:38 AM
I am a Lizardfolk Long Death Monk 6. I have a pair of worn broken Manacles cuffs that function as a pair of Gauntlets of Ogre Power, setting my Str to 19. I broke myself out of a rival lizardfolk tribe's sacrifice set up, shattering the manacles links, which was rewarded with the cuffs turned into Gauntlets of Ogre Power.

We now have a hit of downtime for 2 work weeks, and our DM is running downtime revisited from XGE. I'm considering using some of my hardearned for an item, so 2 work weeks and 900gp gets me a +10 on my discovery.

I have a +1 to Persuasion Checks, so I now have a +11 to checks. I have a decent chance of scoring a DC20 for a rare magic item, or rolling against tables D or E.

What recommendations are there for me to look at picking up? I don't really want a Magic Weapon, as I now have Magic Unarmed Strikes and like 'Death Rolling' for my flurry.

I'm enjoying being the parties Mook Tank, as I clean up the backlines up, so maybe Boots Ankle Bracelet of Speed? Any other recommendations?

Quoz
2019-06-30, 06:38 AM
Items that make you better at what you do:
Bracers of defense
Insignia of Claws (+ to attack/damage of unarmed strikes and natural weapons)
Cloak of displacement
Mantle of spell resistance

Items that expand your capabilities:

Ring of spell storing (haste, hex, shield, ect. Use that concentration.)

Boots of springing and striding: combined with step of the wind, you have a horizontal jump of 114' and vertical of 42'. Who needs a flight speed? Also great for suplexes while grappling.

Portable hole: any adventuring party can find many uses for one of these.

Dalebert
2019-07-01, 10:35 AM
Presumably you've invested in dex as a monk so it seems like the gauntlets will not be so great before long. Monks have very little use for strength. Carrying capacity? Get a bag of holding. Doesn't use up attunement.