PDA

View Full Version : Ignore. Sorry for the Clutter

Stevesciguy
2019-06-29, 06:54 PM
So I'm creating a psionic character for the first time, and chose Psion. The XPH lists the Psion as only having Disciplines and some bonus feats as class features. But I was looking through the Mind's Eye web enhancements, specifically Archpsion, and found this:

Psicrystals: Arch psion levels count toward the level of psion for determining psicrystal Intelligence and special abilities. Psicrystals are a class ability of psions. You must take at least one level of psion if you wish to encode a psicrystal.
Emphasis mine.

So now I'm confused. Is there some errata I missed, or is this a misunderstanding since Psicrystals are picked so often, or what?

Upon realizing that the XPH was printed 2 years after that Mind's Eye article was written, I now realize that it's 3.0 material. I am a dumb. Carry on, nothing to see here

Ramza00
2019-06-29, 07:11 PM
3.0 Psionics are different than 3.5 Psionics.

There is a complete and utter rewrite of the rules. Now some 3.0 psionics can be imported into 3.5 psionics on a case by case basis.

Psicrystals are now a bonus feat, and since Psion 1 gets a Bonus Feat at level 1 you can choose to make a Psicrystal an ability you have at level 1 and on. Or you can choose to grab a psicrystal later as a feat.

Arch psion is a 3.0 Psionic Class and thus it is referencing to the 3.0 psionic rules which are different.