PDA

View Full Version : Making a Horizon Walker (3.5)

Koucarrots
2019-06-29, 09:26 PM
So I was thinking of making a melee Horizon Walker, mostly for the Dimension Door and the Tremorsense. The key thing here to note is that our GM placed a special rule during character creation; We have to pick a knowledge skill, and that becomes a class skill for us. The idea is that, since we're gonna be playing Bounty Hunters and all that, this is our specialization. Since most of the others are already taken, I decided to take advantage of that to take levels in Horizon Walker, probably starting our as a Fighter. I know that I want to go around smacking things with a Longsword (Not the best weapon out there, I'm awared, but my favorite), while using Dimension Door to get a better position on the battlefield. But I'm stumped on what feats to take, and what other classes I'd take.

Edit: Forgot to mention we start at level 6

Venger
2019-06-29, 09:38 PM
check out the handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?80415-The-Horizon-Tripper-(Core-Melee-Build)) it'll get you set up nicely

Koucarrots
2019-06-29, 10:04 PM
Got it, this gave me some ideas as to how to build the character, thanks.

Particle_Man
2019-06-30, 12:44 PM
By the way, is the Tome of Battle:The book of Nine Swords available? That could get you dimension door (50’) by level three and blindsense by level nine. Swordsage could do it easily, Warblade or Crusader could do it with one or two feats the latter classes have full bab, swordsage is middling bab).

Koucarrots
2019-06-30, 05:54 PM
By the way, is the Tome of Battle:The book of Nine Swords available? That could get you dimension door (50’) by level three and blindsense by level nine. Swordsage could do it easily, Warblade or Crusader could do it with one or two feats the latter classes have full bab, swordsage is middling bab).

It is actually. I mean, how would it be done?

Venger
2019-06-30, 07:01 PM
It is actually. I mean, how would it be done?

it's doable in a maneuver, shadow jaunt under the shadow hand discipline. later maneuvers in the line let you hop with a less expensive action.

MisterKaws
2019-06-30, 07:37 PM
Crusaders could use them almost non-stop if you take all three and use up all your maneuvers fast enough, since they reload automatically.

Venger
2019-06-30, 08:24 PM
crusader does not have access to shadow hand. automatic reload is specific to idiot crusaders, it's not something all crusaders have native access to.

Particle_Man
2019-06-30, 10:18 PM
The blindsense part is gained via the hearing the air stance, which requires two other diamond mind maneuvers (luckily diamond mind has great maneuvers). Anyhow swordsage can do this without feats. Warblade can get the stance without a feat (albeit a little later) but needs a feat for the shadow teleportation. Crusader needs feats for both.

If you absolutely need access to teleportation every round you could do it with a crusader using four feats - extra granted maneuver so that you had all but two readied maneuvers available at all times and then martial study three times to get all three shadow maneuvers. Or you could snag the ruby knight vindicator prestige class.