PDA

View Full Version : Resource for Pre-Made Adventures for New DM

TheCleverGuy
2019-06-30, 12:25 AM
My group is nearing the end of Curse of Strahd, and I might have an opportunity to jump into the DM's seat for the first time, to give our current DM a chance to play for awhile instead. What are some good sites where I could find some pre-made adventures to look through? I've heard of DM's Guild, at least, but I was wondering if there are other, similar resources out there. Also, do you have any recommendations for short, one- or two-shot adventures that are good for a new DM to run? The group has already played through the Lost Mines of Phandelver, so that one is out.

MarkVIIIMarc
2019-06-30, 11:15 PM
My group is nearing the end of Curse of Strahd, and I might have an opportunity to jump into the DM's seat for the first time, to give our current DM a chance to play for awhile instead. What are some good sites where I could find some pre-made adventures to look through? I've heard of DM's Guild, at least, but I was wondering if there are other, similar resources out there. Also, do you have any recommendations for short, one- or two-shot adventures that are good for a new DM to run? The group has already played through the Lost Mines of Phandelver, so that one is out.

You say for a time.

Tales of the Yawning Portal has several good dungeon crawl type adventures in it which are great for a beginner DM (like me) and excellent for a party that is into that type of thing. You can fluff them up a bit if you like. We don't play fast at all so these things take several sessions or longer when they get sidetracked though.

DrKerosene
2019-07-01, 01:30 AM
I agree that TftYP is good if you want to run The Sunless Citadel. It usually takes me at least 16 hours of game-time to get though that dungeon, and that doesn’t account for missed content and roleplaying to avoid as many combats as possible.

If you want something even shorter, then I dunno, maybe a reboot of the A Dark And Stormy Knight adventure, but that’s from 3.5e days.

TheCleverGuy
2019-07-01, 06:35 AM
Tales of the Yawning Portal has several good dungeon crawl type adventures in it which are great for a beginner DM (like me) and excellent for a party that is into that type of thing. You can fluff them up a bit if you like. We don't play fast at all so these things take several sessions or longer when they get sidetracked though.

I agree that TftYP is good if you want to run The Sunless Citadel. It usually takes me at least 16 hours of game-time to get though that dungeon, and that doesn’t account for missed content and roleplaying to avoid as many combats as possible.

If you want something even shorter, then I dunno, maybe a reboot of the A Dark And Stormy Knight adventure, but that’s from 3.5e days.

Thanks! A good dungeon crawl sounds like a good place to start.