PDA

View Full Version : Arcturian Ruins of Stwairvane

Pages : 1 [2] 3

anIceFan
2007-11-23, 11:36 AM
Aleash

At first Aleash only looks with curiosity as his companions rush the plain door. He almost chuckles as 3 of them start to pull on the door without effect. His humor is quickly turned to horror as the 3 are suddenly impaled by spikes. Seeing Guicho come to his senses, he rushes in to try and get Crog off of the door.
Crog wait stop. We will find another way.

Aleash tries to ignore the pain of the spikes as he pulls at the large half orc.

Orc, play him as you see fit. :)

strength check to try and pull Crog off the door.
[roll0]

The Big Orc
2007-11-23, 02:45 PM
Crog turns around and pushes Aleash down shouts, "WHY YOU STOPPING ME, ME NEED THAT GOLD! ME NEED FIND ME FRIEND. YOU KEEP OUT OF WAY!" all the while pushing Aleash further and further back. ((He goes into a rage immediatly after Aleash tries to stop him))
strength check 1d20+8=23

anIceFan
2007-11-23, 04:19 PM
Aleash

Aleash gives ground to Crog immediately backing away from the door. He will not try and fight back, merely holding his hands up to defend himself.

Stop Crog! You are acting irrationally. Your friend is not on the other side of that door.

[roll0]
I am not sure if I need that to try and get Crog to come back to his senses.

^ wow, now I get a 20 :)

So anyway, Crog is pushing ALeash away from the door, so therefor he has accomplished his purpose.

The Big Orc
2007-11-23, 04:42 PM
Crog mutters something along the lines of, "Friggin human idiots." in orc. He the resumes his attempts to open the door.
strength check 1d20+8=9

Ryuuk
2007-11-23, 05:51 PM
Guicho

Guicho catches his nerve as he watches the scene unfold. If Aleash wasn't able to overpower Crog, he didn't stand much chance of doing so either. There might be another way though.

(If Shauni fails her save again, he'll work on getting her off the door before trying to talk to Crog. Currently at 23/31, he should be ok after another stab or two)

"Crog, I know you want to get past but strength might get you killed before you do it, then there'd be no point to it." He pauses, that just didn't come out right, it felt so, cheesy.

Reptilius
2007-11-24, 08:20 PM
Shauni gasps as she comes to the realization that limitless wealth is on the other side of the far door. She starts frantically tugging on the handle, hungry for treasure. Oblivious to the blood running down her torso, she pulls herself closer to the door, the spikes embedding themselves deeper.

[roll0]
Will-[roll1]

((I rolled a natural one on invisible castle. I thought I should take double damage for that.))
((14/30. Might need some help.))

The Big Orc
2007-11-25, 10:46 AM
Crog, in his search for the treasure, notices that Shauni has come to help. He attempts to push her away so that no body else gets hurt. He then moves so that the spikes are no longer piercing him and tries to open the door.
Strength 1d20+8=19
Will 1d20+4=21

borninbones
2007-11-29, 09:22 PM
((sorry I haven't been on, rl getting in the way.))

With your willpower now taking over the wounds that you are getting, you all step back and look at the door. This is when you realize it isnt a door at all but just a trap made to 'take care' of would be thieves.

Now that you begin to look around the room you are in (which is otherwise empty). You see the way back, a set of stairs leading down.

And for lack of a better term... A funhouse floor.

The ten foot wide sixty foot long hallway that leads out of the room is mostly made up of a funhouse floor. The walls of the hallway are spiked. As one of you steps into the hallway, everything goes dark. You are blind. If you step backwards, you can see again.

What do you do?

If the party proceeds down the hallway you must make 5 successive dc 15 reflex saves. If you fail any, you take 1d4 points of piercing damage. If you fail by more then 5 then you make no progress, therefore needing an extra save. If you have the feat blindfight you get +2 to your reflex saves. At the other end of the hallway it turns to the right.

Ok I tried to make a map and it didnt work. Sorry.

The Big Orc
2007-11-29, 11:17 PM
((First part if we can see down the hallway when we arn't in it, second if we cant))
Crog looks down the hallway and decides that he doesn't want to get stabbed anymore. "Maybe We Should Cut Spikes As Go Along." Crog says. "Maybe Me Not Get Anymore Holes In Me."

Crog looks into the darkness, steps into it, realises he cant see and steps out. "Anyone Have Bow? Lets Shoot Arrows Down Hallway And See If Anything Screams."

borninbones
2007-11-30, 02:08 PM
You can see to the end of the hallway, it turns to the right.
Getting rid of spikes would be difficult, especially since you cant see when you step into the hallway, but not entirely impossible...

Blindness as the spell, no save.

anIceFan
2007-11-30, 02:13 PM
Aleash

Before the group moves out, Aleash approaches Shauni and offers her a bottle of elixir. Here, you don't look so good, maybe you better drink some of this.

Once she is healed.

Perhaps we should take a look at these stairs, You might find them to be an easier passage.

potion of cure light wounds for Shauni

The Big Orc
2007-12-01, 08:31 AM
Crog walks up to the right side of the entry to the hallway. He then draws his greataxe and attempts to slice the nearest spike clean off the wall.
Atk 1d20+11=23
damage 1d12+10=17

Reptilius
2007-12-01, 10:51 AM
Shauni

"Thanks," says Shauni and downs the potion. Her wounds start to knit shut.
[roll0]

Turning to Crog, Shauni says "That's a good idea, Crog. If we clear out the spikes near the entrance, we could probably go through quicker." Thinking momentarily, she says "I got it! All we have to do is crawl. We could keep or hands and feet on the ground and shuffle, so we don't put our hands down on anything unexpected. If anyone has a shield, we could put it in front of the person going first. When they touch the spikes, they turn right, and shout out if it's safe at the end! Of course, if none of us have shields we could simply stick our hand out and go forwards more gently."

((Would this be a reflex save bonus, or is it cheating?))

The Big Orc
2007-12-01, 11:26 AM
"Or," says Crog while cutting all the spikes he can see while not being in the area of where he can't see, "We go down hall on right side and cut spikes as we go. We keep hand on wall and when wall curve we go with wall!"

((just so you know, Crog probably is smart enough to think of this even if he doesnt act it))

Ryuuk
2007-12-01, 10:04 PM
Guicho

"Hmm, the crawling could work. Cutting the spikes off too, but we might just be trying to find too exotic an answer. Mind if I see how it's like?" Picking up both the rapier and the sunrod, he walks into the hallway for some firsthand experience. "Can you guys still see the rod?"

(Just wondering, is the effect limited to the character in the hallway or is it an area of effect? Does the entire hallway go dark, or can everyone else clearly see what happens in the hallway while the character is blinded? If so, then we could just have everyone tell the character where to go while we cross one at a time.)

borninbones
2007-12-02, 08:50 AM
Shauni: Good thinking! ((I classify it as creatively averting certain death))

Crog: Oddly Enough, you take out ONE of the some 100 spikes in that five piece of wall.

Guicho: Everyone can see the rod, it does not go out. However, Guicho can't tell as he cant see the rod.

Aleash: The stairs look non-threatening with no magical effects, however, if you don't have a torch, it is dark as the stairs are not lit.

The Big Orc
2007-12-03, 03:47 PM
"Yah, We See Rod And You."

Ryuuk
2007-12-03, 09:56 PM
Guicho

"Perfect!" His eyes currently useless, Guicho takes the sunrod and slides it between his belt and his pants on his back. Then he drops to the floor, keeping his rapier tightly held on his right hand. "Shauni, hope you don't mind if I volunteer to go first. I'll try to feel my way through, so if you guys can give me a heads up if I'm about to impale myself, I'd really appreciate it."

He starts his movement, waving his rapier in a wide arc before any large advances and keeping a keen ear for his allies directions.

(Current reflex save at +5)

borninbones
2007-12-03, 10:36 PM
While it takes you all of about a moment to get to the end of the funhouse floor, you hear a sound of bone on stone.

By th light of the sunrod, everyone else can see a skeleton approaching Ryuuk from where the hallway turns.

Your action Ryuuk.

Ryuuk
2007-12-08, 09:26 AM
Guicho

(Sorry, hadn't seen the post)

At the sound of bones clanking, Guicho stands up and looks around (to no avail i assume). For now he'll cast force screen (+4 shield bonus), grip his rapier tight on one hand and get a hold of the sunrod with the other.

borninbones
2007-12-11, 10:19 AM
[roll0]
The skeleton takes a swing at you.
If that hits you take 6 points of damage but you no longer have to guess where the skeleton is. You still have the 50% miss chance (you have to roll 50 or below in order to hit the skeleton). Everyone else can shout and try and help you with your attacks by rolling 1d20 and adding their charisma modifier.
Charisma Roll result = 10-15 add 5% (come on Guicho!)
Charisma Roll result = 16-20 add 10% (To your left!)
Charisma Roll result = 21+ add 15% (Aim one foot to your left)
Charisma Roll result = less then 5 subtract 5% (Run Away!)
This is cumulative but takes a full round action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Reptilius
2007-12-14, 04:03 PM
((I'll aid him.))

[roll0]

Shauni

"Hey Guicho! Quick! On your right!"

The Big Orc
2007-12-15, 09:30 AM
CROG
Crog, realising that Guicho may need help to kill the skeleton, draws his greatsword and charges straight towards the skeleton his sword pointing at him. ((so if he's on target he'll stab the skeleton))

Reflex save 1 1d20+3=19
Reflex save 2 1d20+3=11
damage from spikes 1d4=3
Reflex save 3 1d20+3=15
Reflex save 4 1d20+3=6
damage from spikes 1d4=4
re-do reflex save 4 1d20+3=19
Reflex save 5 1d20+3=10
damage from spikes 1d4=2
re-do reflex save 5 1d20+3=12
damage from spikes 1d4=2

atk roll 1d20+10=23
hit chance d%=32
damage 2d6+9=17

Ryuuk
2007-12-15, 05:24 PM
Guicho

HP 17/31, AC should be 18 (+4 Shield, +5 Armor, -1 Flaw, I can't see it so no dex)

"Damn it!" Guicho winces as the blow lands. His head turns to the skeleton, more as a reflex then anything else as everything remains black. Feeling his rapier would be useless once again without knowing where to land it, his left arm arcs high as he tries to bring the butt of the sunrod onto his opponent.

Miss Chance: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1] (+3 Bab, -4 improvised)
Damage: [roll2] (Should be about the size of a club)

borninbones
2007-12-16, 09:08 AM
Wow. Go Crog. The skeleton falls to dust from the charging orc. Are you still alive? Guicho, if wasnt for the orc screaming his war cry you wouldn't have the faintest clue as to what just happened.

I need a reflex save from both Guicho and Crog

The Big Orc
2007-12-16, 10:14 AM
reflex 1d20+3=4 ((nat 1))

Ryuuk
2007-12-16, 10:33 AM
Guicho

Reflex [roll0]

Saves just don't seem to be our thing do they?

Katasi
2007-12-16, 01:44 PM
As all of this goes on Sandstrider tries his hardest to orient himself.

[roll0]

He shouts over to Guicho and Crog "Nice going"

borninbones
2007-12-17, 02:07 PM
And guicho and crog both trip and take 5 points of nonlethal damage as they tumble down some stairs. However, both of you can now see. In this large marble room there are 6 sarcophigi (sorry about the spelling). The sarcophigi are marked with various designs and shapes. The sculpted people are obviously of elven descent.

What do you do?

Reptilius
2007-12-17, 03:38 PM
Shauni

Shauni shouts down the hallway, "Hey! Guys! You OK? We can't see you!" She takes out a torch and begins crawling forward on all fours, using the torch to feel around for walls and spikes (basically her idea from before).

Reflex-[roll0]

Ryuuk
2007-12-17, 03:58 PM
Guicho

"I'm really starting to hate this place..." Guicho gets to his feet, trying to dust himself off. He hollers back to the others. "We're fine! It looks like we triggered a trap door or something, there's a flight of stairs down the hall!"

His hand moves to the shoulder that softened his landing, it wasn't serious, but a blow was a blow. "Thanks Crog, it would have taken a while to scare whatever that was away with the rod. At least the lights are back on... Interesting room." He picks up the sunrod and his rapier, looking at each coffin from a distance. He'll wait until Shauni makes her way down before approaching the closest one for a closer look.

The Big Orc
2007-12-17, 09:10 PM
Crog picks himself up, searches through his bag for a specific vial and drinks its contents. He feels very much better after drinking a potion of cure serious wounds (3d8=17). He puts away his sword and draws a Great Axe. He slowly moves towards the closest sarcophagus. If he see's anything move on his way over other than Guicho he's going to change directions and charge towards it trying to cut it in half. If he makes it to the sarcophagus he's going to push it's lid off slowly.

borninbones
2007-12-17, 10:47 PM
Shauni has no problem finding her way across and gets down the stairs without a problem.

Crog has issues of his own. 2 Fort saves please. and you put down your axe to move the 8 foot long slab of marble.

Katasi
2007-12-18, 04:50 AM
Sandstrider feels his way along in the darkness to the stairs as well, using his spear to guide him.

borninbones
2007-12-18, 02:38 PM
Shauni and Sandstrider join Crog and Guicho in the room below the stairs.

Like before you see 6 marble sarcophigi with elven carvings.

The Big Orc
2007-12-18, 08:08 PM
f1 1d20+8=18
f2 1d20+8= 22

((he's pushing the lid off with his axe))

borninbones
2007-12-18, 10:20 PM
Either the axe breaks or you are using both hands to lift the lid off (its a marble lid that you have to first lift up and then push or pull off). You make both saves and note that you now have some sticky sap like stuff on your hands. It smells like almonds and is slightly yellowish in color. I will need more fort saves if you do not wipe your hands off on something. In the chest you find very decompsed ruins of an elf. 120 plat
A white half-plate suit of armor with a family crest that has been burned away. Despite the burn mark, it is still usable armor.

Does anyone else open a sarcophagus?

The Big Orc
2007-12-19, 05:33 PM
While trying to push the lid off with my axe, I realise I need to lift it first so I drop my axe, take the lid off. Seeing that I have some gooey stuff on my hands I wipe them on the ground. I'm going to reach in and take out the 120 plat and use my huge body to hide from the others what I just picked up while pulling my bag around to the front and putting the coins in it. Then I'm going to pull out the elf and the armour and lay it on the ground. If there is any of that gooey stuff on my hands I'm going to wipe it on the ground again. I'm then going to go to the next sarcophagus and pull its lid off.

Reptilius
2007-12-19, 05:53 PM
Shauni

"Here, let me help you with that, Guicho," says Shauni (even though it may be moot, as our resident barbarian has shown us). She helps Guicho pry off the lid, and looks inside.

anIceFan
2007-12-19, 07:34 PM
Aleash

Aleash wanders around the room examining all of the sarcophagi.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Just back from Florida and getting into the swing of things. Might take me a couple of posts to get back up to speed.

Ryuuk
2007-12-19, 08:48 PM
Guicho

"Alright, lets try this one." Guicho sheathes his rapier and sets the sunrod on his belt again. He moves to the closest, unopened one and gets ready to lift it. "It's funny, I never thought I'd find myself prying ancient tombs open. That door up there couldn't have been all wrong though, there must be something worth getting impaled for down here."

Katasi
2007-12-19, 10:05 PM
[ before I post I need to know something. Sandstrider is wearing gauntlets that cover his hands, can the poison seep through them or is he safe from it? ]

borninbones
2007-12-19, 10:35 PM
(I think I have thrown enough traps at you for one day only the first one was poisoned so assuming everyone opens one and crog opens two). Most of these are random treasure (6th lvl)(with a little decorative expansion in certain aspects). I am giving everyone one coffin even if you didn't want one. If you don't want the contents, feel free to give them to someone who will use them.

Aleash- Stone Horse (destrier) and a porclain plate with a picture of a horse and slightly glowing runes that encircle the horsey.

Shauni- 300 gold, 1 scroll with owl’s wisdom, see invisibility, and animal messenger (animal hide that words are dyed into the fabric and melt away when read), 1 potion of invisibility, 1 hewards handy haversack

Sandstrider- 1 star saphire worth 1500 gold, 1 moss agate worth 15 gold, 1 wand of false life- full charges and 1 Divine scroll of Animate Dead (etched into a folding obsidian tablet that the words burn away from as they are read)

Guicho- 100 gp and a tea set made of silver with rubys and etched carvings of the goddess of weejas. Ring of Jumping (a green steel band with tiny frogs etched in the band) and +1 Cold Iron Longsword of Frost

Crog in your second exploration you find 1000 gold pieces, Undercommon to infernal to Elven dictionary (this decreases the point cost to learn any of these languages by one skill point (to a minimum of zero) as long as you can already read one of them). A Blood red mace with an onyx handle (mwk).

The Big Orc
2007-12-20, 07:29 PM
I take the contents of the sarcophagus and if there is another elf body I'm going to remove it as well. Then I'm going to check to see if there are any bodys in the other sarcophagus and remove them as well.

borninbones
2007-12-20, 10:28 PM
they are all 'occupied' by mummified remains of elven bodies.

The Big Orc
2007-12-20, 11:06 PM
Ya I took them all out and laid them in a row. I also brought any of that armour similar to the first one I found out and if it was on the body I left it and if it wasn't I lay it beside them. I look around the room more carefully, looking for places a trap or monster may be hidden as well as doors, desks, and other such items.

spot 1d20+1=20
search 1d20+1=14

What do I see

Ryuuk
2007-12-20, 11:36 PM
Guicho

Surprised at the treasure within the various sarcophagi, Guicho can't help but wonder who these elves must have been. The one he got had seemed to have had peculiar tastes, to be buried with a sword and a tea set, of all things. He had to agree it was pleasant to look at, but having to lug it around seemed counterproductive. "Shauni, could you hold this in that pack you found?"

He pockets the gold, it seemed everyone got their share anyway. He felt different after putting on the ring, either his legs suddenly grew stronger or the bulk of his body felt lighter. Either way, he liked this feeling. Now the sword, it seemed to be much more valuable then anything he had ever held before. He compares it to his dagger, the steel was similar, just much colder to the touch. A practice swing showed that it was much more unwieldy then what he was used to, but the frigid, practically frozen air it left in it's wake truly caught his attention. He didn't know just how much what he was holding was worth, but all things pointed to some formidable sum. Either way, it should more useful then my old sword if we keep running into any more elementals and undead...

Once he's done looking over his findings, looks over th walls trying to find any obvious exit. he also watches Crog's redecorating curiously.

borninbones
2007-12-21, 02:15 PM
The room is completely empty with no exits other then the staircase. There are 6 sarcophagi now all with the lids off. You find nothing else of note.

Reminder: In the room you were last in (the one with the door , it had a staircase going down as well that you did not explore.

Reptilius
2007-12-21, 03:00 PM
Shauni

Shauni glances at the spells on the scroll, and the contents of the potion, and decides to try and identify them later. "These guys must have been some kind of wizards," she says to Sandstrider, "Can I see that wand? You probably won't get much use out of it anyway, being all 'divine' and whatnot"

Taking the tea set from Guicho, she says "Can do," and (carefully) dumps the tea set into the Haversack. "Does anyone need one of these? I've already got one."

((@V I can't believe I chose Gather Information over Spellcraft. Otherwise I could help a little with that.))

Katasi
2007-12-21, 08:53 PM
Sandstrider takes out the loot that he finds and puts it in the proper holding places.

[can he tell what they are or is identify/appraise needed?]

He then stabs a mummy with his spear just to see what will happen.

The Big Orc
2007-12-22, 09:47 AM
"Hey No Direspect Dead! They Was People Too! It Bad Enough We Taking Stuff From They Final Resting Places But We Not Need Injure body!!!" Crog says in a great fury taking steps towards Sandstrider.

Katasi
2007-12-22, 05:25 PM
Sandstrider hands the wand over to Shauni to look at then says to Crog. "I just want to be sure they are dead, I've heard undead mummies can do really bad things and I'd rather not risk it."

The Big Orc
2007-12-23, 09:58 PM
"Oh, ok then"

Ryuuk
2007-12-23, 11:04 PM
Guicho

Still feeling a bit heavy, Guicho sheepishly hands his crossbow and bolts over to Shauni again and asks her to repeat the favor. "Well, if we're done here, should we go back and try the stairs that Aleash mentioned?"

borninbones
2007-12-24, 02:48 PM
((just for notation, nothing happens when you stab the mummy.))

Katasi
2007-12-26, 01:47 AM
Sandstrider looks around "I'm ready to go if everyone else is" He says.

The Big Orc
2007-12-26, 09:33 AM
"Ya Me Ready"

anIceFan
2007-12-26, 01:27 PM
Aleash

Aleash stands in quiet contemplation of the statue and the plate with their depictions of a fine steed. He held the plate and ran his fingers over the ruins. As he silently vowed to make sense of them his mind began to wander. It is true that Lucky has been a fine mount, and never let him down. But he dreampt of a mount that would act as a companion to him, working in concert to resolve problems.

He was drawn out of his daydreams when the rest of the group started discussing the stairs.
Yes, lets work our way back the same way we came in. Then we can explore those stairs.

Reptilius
2007-12-26, 09:08 PM
Shauni

"You go first. I don't wanna impale myself again."

Katasi
2007-12-26, 09:10 PM
Sandstrider turns and climbs up the stairs. When he gets up them he goes to the other set of stairs he says "Allow me to get some information for us." He reachs into his pocket and pulls out his Psycrystal. He has it grow it's legs and go down the stairs, reporting back to him what it sees.

[rolls for Psycrstal]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

borninbones
2007-12-27, 02:39 PM
As long as the party moves slowly, you get to the top of the stairs and down the hallway of spikey fun. Once back in the room, Katasi does his thing of sending down his psycrystal.

Katasi
2007-12-27, 06:58 PM
Sandstrider looks at the others. "The coast is clear." He says, descending the stairs. He instructs his Psycrystal to stay where it is and wait for him.

The Big Orc
2007-12-28, 10:32 AM
"Me Could Use Healing..." I say while poking some of my many scrapes, cuts and holes where I stumbled into spikes
((30/50 health))

Katasi
2007-12-28, 03:16 PM
Sandstrider turns to Crog and takes out his wand of cure light wounds. He casts the spell three times on crog, hoping to cure all his wounds.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

borninbones
2007-12-28, 04:26 PM
((the die roller just loves you))

If the party would like, you may rest here for a while. it is an easily well defended position.

((Heal rate is level+con modifier. With successful heal check (dc 15) from another party member heal rate is double. Remember to mark usage of healers kit or take -2 on your roll.))

Or you can head down the marble stairs (which are uncomfortably Narrow) and take left or right?

Ryuuk
2007-12-28, 11:39 PM
(I'd be fine with resting for a bit, but if the group decides to continue Guicho won't object. He'll just let some of the others go first and bravely take up the rear.)

Reptilius
2007-12-29, 12:04 AM
((Isn't CLW 1d8?))

Shauni

"I don't know about you lot, but those spikes in the first room really took it outta me," she says, as she slumps onto the ground, "I could use a little rest."

Katasi
2007-12-29, 03:25 AM
Sandstrider looks at Shauni and nods. "This looks like a good place to rest for the night and have a meal." He says. He sends his Psicrystal to cautiously check out the left corridor, then sets about getting camp set up and helping everyone heal.

[opps, it is. Ah well, either way those are all well below 8]

Rolls for Psicrystal:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Rolls for Sandstrider:
[roll5]
[roll6]

[Sandstrider lacks a healer's kit, due to being primarily a warrior, not a healer]
[7 rolls in a single post, I think that might be a record.]

anIceFan
2007-12-29, 01:32 PM
Aleash

Aleash also begins to prepare for rest. As part of the process he offers to take over the care of Crog and Shauni's healing, as well as caring for his own wounds.

I have 8 ranks in heal, can I take 10 on my heal checks?
if not [roll0]
also for Shauni and Crog 2 HP each from lay on hands

borninbones
2007-12-29, 03:15 PM
(Ah the gray area. The book doesn't say you can't. I know somewhere it says you can't take a 20 on a heal check but you can take a 10. So Shauni and Crog both heal 2 * (con+lvl)) Everyone else heals lvl+con. So the next day comes (nothing happens during the night).

Now the question must be answered!

Left or Right?

Ryuuk
2007-12-29, 10:52 PM
Guicho

After a nights rest, Guicho feels a bit more held together. His shoulder felt fine now and it looked like his body had been busy trying to fix the damage done by the door's spike and the skeleton's claw. Just enough for them to hurt when they open up again, he thought with a grin. He busies himself looking over the Cold Longsword he found, wishing it where a bit shorter, while the others get ready. if possible, he'll ask Sandstrider or anyone with one of those useful wands if they could finish up where his body fell short.

If no one seems to have a preference as to which way to go, he'll take out his lucky coin and let it decide for him. It was one of the few things he felt never ruled against him.

(Current HP should be 23/31. Since both paths look the same to Guicho from this end, he'll just flip a coin and vote for that one. 1 is Left, 2 is Right:

[roll0])

Letting the coin fly though the air and catching it, he places it in his palm and takes a look. "Why not go right?"

Katasi
2007-12-31, 08:12 PM
[ what about Sandstrider's Psicrystal, did it find anything down the left passage?]

The Big Orc
2008-01-02, 01:07 AM
Crog is going to stretch and swing his axe around a bit. Try to do something fancy or something. "So, We Ever Going To Decide Leader?"

borninbones
2008-01-02, 04:37 PM
Katasi
it finds an empty room filled with rotting blankets. The walls are scored from being hit with weapons as if this room has seen a consiberable amount of combat. You also note that the room switches away from marble into granite

anIceFan
2008-01-02, 05:36 PM
Aleash

Rising and adjusting his armor for the day, Aleash responds to Guicho, I have no reason to prefer either direction. So, unless Sandstrider little friend can give us any more information, right is fine with me.

He will not respond to Crog.

mostly because his player doesn't care, Sorry TBO.

Katasi
2008-01-02, 06:09 PM
Sandstrider nods and calls back his Psicrystal. "Right works for me." he says.

borninbones
2008-01-02, 08:44 PM
((3 votes for right make a wrong... wait what?))

The right passagway turns left and then right again before depositing the party into a makeshift prison. In front of you are 4 cells (two occupied by decaying husks). The cells are held shut by a 3 foot tall granite rock pushed in front of them. One of them is occupied by a man who looks like he is trying not to be seen. He looks pretty beat up.

"Humans! My name is Joseph! You have to get me out of here! Please, my father is in a town nearby! I must get out of here! I don't know when they will be back!"

There is another exit from the room (other then the one you came in through).

Katasi
2008-01-02, 10:17 PM
Sandstrider moves to the piece of granite, looks at it, and looks at Crog. "Think the two of use can move this thing?" He asks.

The Big Orc
2008-01-02, 11:30 PM
((I dont have my char sheet with me so if you need anything other than strength (23) i cant do much))

"Me Think Me Could Move It Alone. But Me Not Want To Become Tired," I gesture to Sandstrider as though we should procede

strength (1d20+6)[12]

Ryuuk
2008-01-03, 01:07 AM
Guicho

Letting the more able bodied members of the group do the heavy lifting, Guicho heads over to the side of the cell and crouches down close to Joseph. "Don't worry Joe, we actually met you're father back in town, you'll be free in a bit." He turns to the other exit, trying to catch any sudden movements. "Who did you mean by They? Who locked you up?"

Spot: [roll0]

borninbones
2008-01-03, 02:21 PM
"Ghastly looking group. Elves, but not a kind I have ever seen before. Mind you I don't speak elvish but I but know it when I hear it. They wasn't speaking that. I understood a few words, but not all of it. They kept callin me a thief and I know that word well enough to know I aint one."

Listen check.

Kno History check (trained only)

Ryuuk
2008-01-03, 07:29 PM
Guicho

"Elves? Well, it fits with the coffins, but hadn't this place been closed up until just a few weeks ago? I know they live long, but to be stuck underground for so long seems excesive... Anyway, I speak elven, we might be able to get them to know this was a missunderstanding."

Listen [roll0]

Katasi
2008-01-03, 11:45 PM
Sandstrider pushes against the marble pillar as well. As he does this his Psycrystal is on the lookout for trouble.

[roll0]

Psycrystal Rolls
[roll1]

[roll2]

anIceFan
2008-01-04, 12:23 PM
Aleash

Aleash enters the room and moves over to the other door. He lets the rest of the party deal with the prisoner, unless he is called upon. He stands ready to react to whatever happens.

[roll0]

Reptilius
2008-01-04, 06:31 PM
Shauni

Shauni says, "This doesn't sound like a misunderstanding, it sounds like they were out for blood. And we just ripped open a bunch of elven coffins, so they won't be happy to see us either. They could be what made the explorer crazy." Shauni walks up to the bars, and asks Joseph "Are you sure they were elves? Pointy ears, weirdly thin, short, annoying love of nature? They could be something that just looks like an elf. A shapeshifter, or a demon, or something."

The Big Orc
2008-01-06, 07:07 PM
((Listen 1d20+8=14))

borninbones
2008-01-07, 03:01 PM
"Yeah white ones with white hair. Gave off a funny sort of glow. Coulda bin undead or somethin."

Katasi and Aleash; you can hear footsteps coming down the hallway. There are 4 pale elvish looking humanoids coming down the other hallway in a diamond formation. The two on the sides are wearing cold iron armor. The one in front is wearing what looks to be magical armor. The one in back is dressed in robes.

Suprise round is simultaneous. Katasi and Aleash get one standard action. They make no action but instead start yelling at you in undercommon

if you speak undercommon
What are you doing here!? Who are you?! Get away from that man!? He is a murderer!?

Katasi
2008-01-07, 08:36 PM
As the elves come in Sandstrider turns towards them and stomps.

[Stomp save DC 12]

anIceFan
2008-01-09, 12:16 PM
Aleash

Someone is coming!

He draws and readies his greatsword for combat as he turns to stand in front of the passage, facing whatever is coming.

He hears a harsh voice but can gain no understanding of the words. Joseph said that his captors were Elves, so Aleash calls in their ancestral language.
<elvish>Who comes this way?</elvish>

Reptilius
2008-01-11, 08:19 PM
Shauni

(When it's her turn) Shauni takes out her bow, and wait to see how things turn out.

[roll0]

((Sorry about not posting.))

Ryuuk
2008-01-12, 12:37 PM
Guicho

After hearing the yells, Guicho jumps to his feet and reaches for a weapon. Instinctively, he goes for the rapier. Who knew, maybe against something that spoke he'd be able to go back to his old style.

Initiative: [roll0]

borninbones
2008-01-14, 03:37 PM
Well, they aren't doing much. ALL OF THEM FAILED THEIR SAVE against the stomp spell.

[roll0] Armored guy 1
[roll1] Armored guy 2
[roll2] Guy in front
[roll3] Guy in back

All are prone. Damage is subdual.

Group ini [roll4] Of course, now I roll well.

When they finally stand up, provided that you do not attack them as they have made no moves towards you, the one in the back will switch to a broken elven dialect.

What are you doing? That man (points) killer

Katasi
2008-01-14, 09:02 PM
Sandstrider holds his longspear at the ready, leveled defensively at the nearest elf. He concentrates and tries to detect evil in them.

Using Detect Evil for as long as possible, aimed into the group of elves:

[roll0]

borninbones
2008-01-15, 02:11 PM
Not Evil. (this goes for all of them).

anIceFan
2008-01-15, 02:46 PM
Aleash

In common, to the group.
Hold on. They are claiming that this man is a killer.

switching to elven to talk to the "elves"
We will hold while you show us proof of this mans misdeads.

He will turn his sword point down to show that he has no intention of attacking.

borninbones
2008-01-15, 03:08 PM
Again, in broken elvish

Proof? We have taken <unintelligible> back to burned, this <points to the cleric in front> there. He captainguard trusted.

At this point, they stand but switch to full defensive and do not advance.

The Big Orc
2008-01-17, 12:56 AM
Crog is going to draw his great sword quietly and make a ready action to attack if any come within 5 feet of him

borninbones
2008-01-17, 09:22 PM
(wow my comp is slow today)
(it is for lack of a better term, your turn)
As you stare at this group of elves, you realize that they are not going to move at the moment. Those who speak elven will find that they are assuming what they have said as law.

Kno (religion) trained only please.

Ryuuk
2008-01-18, 08:29 PM
Guicho

Guicho steps forward, having understood enough of the situation to put his rapier away again and hold his hands open wide before him. It takes him a few seconds to think of the words,he hadn't really practiced it for a while, but he tries to speak in a clear elven. "Look, we're from a settlement in the coast, we were hired by this boy's father to bring him back after the woman he traveled here with was found in a sorry mental state. We're just here to take Joe out of your hair."

Slowly, he turns around to to the elves' captive, his hands still where they were. "They're saying you killed someone Joe, you know what they're talking about?"

(No action for his turn, just putting sheathing the rapier and stepping forward.)

anIceFan
2008-01-18, 08:40 PM
Aleash

Talking to his companions
Lets not do anything rash. For the sake of diplomacy, lets refrain from releasing him for now.

Speaking to the cleric
We were commissioned to come here and rescue this man. We were asked to come and find this man we have no knowledge of a murder or any other crime. Please tell us what has happened so that we can at least make an informed decision

I am sure I will regret this in the morning but
[roll0]

Reptilius
2008-01-20, 11:22 AM
((I don't really have anything to say, I just want to let you know I'm still here.))

borninbones
2008-01-21, 06:12 PM
((ty reptilius))

The guy in back (in broken elvish) asks "Please slowly talk." He switches to the foreign language that none of you speak or failed to mention that you speak it and talks to the other guys. During this time, Joe whispers over to you. "I didn't kill nobody. When we opened that hatch, everything went dark and we heard a few screams and some shouting. Then something hit me upside the head and I woke up here."

They finish talking to each other. "Unfortunate, but you may prove his innocence." He steps away from the group protecting him and goes over to the other doorway (the one that you came through). "If he didn't kill her, then [something unintelligible] did. She had choked diamonds. Find that, he go free. You have 1 day."

The Big Orc
2008-01-21, 06:25 PM
"Why You Claim You No Kill Nothing??? Killing FUN!" says the crazy orc who has to this moment remained fairly quiet. "Let Me Show You" and he raises his sword as though to slice Joe in half.

Katasi
2008-01-22, 05:33 AM
Sandstrider pulls his sper upright beside him. "Does anyone here know what they are tlaking about, I am afraid I'm lost."

anIceFan
2008-01-22, 08:18 PM
Aleash

dealing with both the team and the weird elf thingy's is getting Aleash a bit flustered. He turns to Sandstrider Basically, they are giving us 1 day to prove that Joseph did not kill anyone.

Turning back to the dark even thingy spokesperson slowly in elvish.
we thank you for this opportunity. We have no knowledge of this man other than that his grandfather asked us to come and rescue him. I will try and figure out what happened for the sake of justice. I will now tell my companions what happened.

Aleash will fill everyone in on what elf boy said.

Katasi
2008-01-23, 07:37 AM
Sandstrider sighs. "Do they have any actual proof that he killed someone?" he asks.

The Big Orc
2008-01-23, 10:22 PM
"We Could Make Him Kill Something..." Crog sugests trailing off at the end and pointing casually at the elves.

Katasi
2008-01-24, 10:33 AM
Sandstrider wishes he could agree, but he can't. "No, that would only make things worse." He says.

Ryuuk
2008-01-24, 10:18 PM
Guicho

"From what I can gather, whoever they said Joe killed was..." he pauses, they didn't exactly say it, but he'd never seen choke used in that form and they didn't really seem like native speakers. "...was carrying diamonds? It doesn't look like they have any actual proof that he did it, but he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time." His right hand goes to the back of his neck, he was honestly as confused as they were. "Well, if we find whatever is carrying those diamonds they'll free Joe and we can get out of here."

He turns to Sandstrider "Your crystal spider went down the other hall, did it find anything interesting?"

The Big Orc
2008-01-25, 12:17 AM
"Me Still Think We Should Kill Those Thingies."

borninbones
2008-01-25, 01:50 PM
((as a reminder, the psicrystal found a room with considerable amount of damage to it. But there was another hall leading out of it.))

Reptilius
2008-01-25, 03:09 PM
Shauni

Shauni considers the elves' reply. "Well, do we really know they were diamonds? 'Choked diamond' sounds like some mystical term. On top of that, what is the [gargle] thing? And who is 'she?' Is that the one who was killed, or is she the crazy professor?"

borninbones
2008-01-25, 06:41 PM
Anyone speak draconic?

Katasi
2008-01-26, 10:43 AM
Sandstrider nods to Aleash. "There was a room with some major damage done in it, and it had a hall leading off from it." he replies.

Reptilius
2008-01-26, 06:42 PM
Anyone speak draconic?

Me. Common, Abyssal, and Draconic.

borninbones
2008-01-27, 08:59 AM
((as you have been sitting on the side, you now realize that the word he just used was (when translated into common): Followers of Kurtlemak (although probably mispelled) and you know very well and good as to who that refers to. Kobolds.))

Reptilius
2008-01-27, 11:31 AM
Shauni

Shauni thinks for a moment, and and then with a look of inspiration, says, "Of course! No wonder I didn't recognize that before! Draconic is all in the grammar, and they mangled it. They said that if he didn't kill her, kobolds did."

Ryuuk
2008-01-27, 12:21 PM
Guicho

"Kobolds, those little scaley goblins right? Well, the sooner we can pass the blame the better." Standinup, he stretches his arms and checks hisrapier before the longsword. Considering its usefulness at his side, he draws it. "Aleash, Sandsrider... Crog? Care to give this fellow a try? For me it's little more then a small fortune once we get back, its not quite as quick as I like my blades. If we run into anything that tries to kill us, it might be more useful in your hands then mine."

Katasi
2008-01-27, 02:18 PM
Sandstrider shakes his head. "To small for my tastes." He says "Shall we get going? The sooner we find the trouble the sooner we can stop it."

anIceFan
2008-01-27, 04:31 PM
Aleash

Responding to Guicho, Why don't you keep it for now. In case of danger, it might be more important for us to have a weapon we are familiar with.

Turning back to the elf boys (in elvish).
Can you show us exactly where the murder happened?

borninbones
2008-01-28, 08:14 PM
They explain in butchered elven, the entrence to the complex. They take you back to the entrance but do not go near.

"Sunlight bad."

He points to a spot where you see nothing but dust.

The Big Orc
2008-01-29, 11:40 PM
"Me Not Expert Investigator But Me Don't See Much" says Crog as he bends down to look for tracks.

survival 1d20+8=19
search 1d20+1=19

borninbones
2008-01-30, 03:07 PM
You find several sets of tracks. You can only identify one human going down, 4 elves going up, 3 going down. One track stops in a small pile of dust.

The Big Orc
2008-01-30, 11:49 PM
"Me Can Only Identify One Human Set Of Feet Going Down, But There Is 4 Elve Tracks Going Up And 3 Going Down. One ((insert "Human" or "Elf Up" or "Elf Down" pending on circumstance)) track stops in a small pile of dust. Me Suggest We Follow Human Set. Me Guess Elf Ones Result Of Our Friends," speculates Crog while scratching his head and wondering what on earth all of this meant. "Maybe Human Track Is Our Human Friend Here. Humans Fun To Rip Limb From Limb."
((How many elfs are there again?))

anIceFan
2008-01-31, 01:34 PM
Aleash

Aleash will go over to the pile of dust that Grog identifies and examine the area around it.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
just for the heck of it on the elves
[roll3]

borninbones
2008-01-31, 02:45 PM
Aleash finds what crog found as he (crog) points it out. The two warrior elves are decidedly nervous, the elf wizard doesnt seem to be showing much emotion at all, and is rather withdrawn, the bigger elf is seemingly angry but is withholding it.

The Big Orc
2008-02-01, 12:58 PM
((so there are only 4 elfs?))

borninbones
2008-02-01, 02:13 PM
Yes there are only 4 (living) elves here. Given movement and with the trained eye of a fighter, you know you could take the 2 warrior elves and the mage (at least in a fight), but not the cleric.

anIceFan
2008-02-01, 06:14 PM
So we are back on the other side of the big iron door that we came through in the beginning?

Aleash

I think we should take a better look around outside.

Aleash will head back out of the caverns, taking care around the area of darkness, and inspect the outside of the cave.

[roll1]
{roll=survival]1d20+5 15 from over in ooc thread

borninbones
2008-02-01, 10:12 PM
You are right near the exit to the outside world. They will not go with 20' of anything being touched by sunlight.

What you see. The big black circle of darkness is still there. Other, then that, nothing is around.

For ease of confusion (but don't use it out of character), the door to the complex was a large stone slab simply moved over the staircase that led down into the complex. When sunlight touches it, the spell darkness goes off on a permanent basis until sunlight is no longer touching it.

What do you do? You have several options open at the moment. Travel down to where they said to and find the kobolds, fight the elves, or leave entirely.

The Big Orc
2008-02-04, 06:25 PM
Crog, who has not been paying much attention to anything ((like his player)), is swinging his sword around and making the occaisional comment of wanting to kill something. "Those Elves, That Human, Those Kobolds All Good Choices. If You People Weren't So Many You Might Be Fun As Well."

Katasi
2008-02-04, 07:50 PM
Sandstrider decides at this moment never to sleep again while crog is around. "I think we should go look for those kobolds." He says.

anIceFan
2008-02-04, 08:01 PM
Aleash

Finding nothing outside, Aleash carefully makes his way back down the stairs to the others. I didn't see anything up there. Perhaps we should explore further down into the system to find alternate paths

Do we even have a rogue in the group, or anyone else who can detect hidden doors or anything?

borninbones
2008-02-04, 10:06 PM
((You could ask one of the elves to come with you, being that they do have that wierd special ability.))

anIceFan
2008-02-04, 11:07 PM
That will be option 2 if we do not have that ability in party. The way I see it, the elves "know" who committed the crime and are not really interested in finding anything out.

borninbones
2008-02-06, 02:04 PM
no one has that ability to the best of my knowledge. So moving on without it... I assume you ask one of the elves to join you?

If so

The wizard steps forth. He says something to the others. They head back to the room that Joseph is in.
"they are under rules that we do not back come in 1 day to kill murderer"

You head down to the room that has taken a considerable amount of damage. And we continue on.

If not

well then what do you do?

anIceFan
2008-02-06, 03:48 PM
Aleash

Aleash looks around the room trying to determine the source of the damage. He will also examine the entrance to the hallway leading out.

[roll=spot]1d20+9[/roll
[roll=search]1d20+4[/roll
[roll=survival]1d20+5[/roll

anIceFan
2008-02-06, 03:49 PM
Darn me

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Katasi
2008-02-07, 02:07 PM
Sandstider takes out his bow and fires it blindle down the next hall, trying to flush out anyone that might be down there. He will listen to any sounds made, especially as the arrow goes by and/or hits. He will also try to see anyone that might be coming down the hall.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

If nothing comes of this he will send his psicrystal down the hall to scout:

[roll4]
[roll5]

Meanwhile he will search the room

[roll6]

[well here's hoping there's something to spot, cause none of those other rolls are going to do ANYTHING]

Reptilius
2008-02-07, 07:38 PM
((You could ask one of the elves to come with you, being that they do have that wierd special ability.))

((Sorry, what ability? I can seem to find mention of it.))

anIceFan
2008-02-07, 07:42 PM
The statement was in response to my question

Do we even have a rogue in the group, or anyone else who can detect hidden doors or anything?

borninbones
2008-02-10, 09:33 AM
You see webbing. Lots of it. You also see a giant hideous-looking spider headed straight towards the party.

It does not look happy.

anIceFan
2008-02-10, 04:15 PM
Aleash

Aleash moves to place himself between the rest of the party and the spider. watch out.

He readies his greatsword and attacks the spider as soon as it comes within range.

What is it with DM's in all my games and spiders?
[roll0]
[roll1]

Katasi
2008-02-10, 05:01 PM
[roll0]

If the spider is farther than 35 feet away on Sandstriders turn he will attack it with his bow:

[roll1]
[roll2]

If the spider is up to 35 feet away sandstrider will drop his bow and draw his sword [a free action thanks to quick draw], then he will move to 5 feet away from the spider and attack

[roll3]
[roll4]

[At least I think the large greatsword gives him the reach to do that, if not he'll move right next to the spider, provoking an AoO and attack, using the bow if it's 35 feet away.]

The Big Orc
2008-02-11, 06:48 PM
INITIATIVE 1d20+2=12

Crog will draw his great sword and will take a ready action to slash the spider if it comes in reach.

ATTACK 1d20+10=17
DAMAGE 2d6+9=18

Ryuuk
2008-02-11, 08:32 PM
Guicho

Initiative [roll0]

Guicho snaps out of the streak of constant nods he was in and dashes to the side, drawing his rapier out of reflex. With a wave of his hand a solid screen appears before him for a second before becoming invisible to the eye.

Move, if possible get one of the tougher melee characters between himself and the spider, and draw the rapier. Afterwards manifest Force Screen for a +4 Shield Bonus.

AC should be 22 (17 +1 Dodge +4 Shield)

borninbones
2008-02-11, 08:56 PM
Well thats that. The spider who was defending its home with deadly fangs of doom has gone squishy. Assuming you proceed down the hallway, you find that it is covered in webbing until

snap

you (we'll go with crog since he likes to be in front) have stepped on something made of bone. It is/was a kobolds skull. Lots of them cover the floor.

spot check
no listen check due to the fact that you can hear the same chittering the large spider was giving off.

Holding initiative pattern as it was last rolled

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

the hall is ten feet wide at this point.
Unless otherwise noted, the wizard stays in the back.
Walls are cut stone and covered in webbing.

Katasi
2008-02-11, 09:06 PM
Sandstrider drops his spear on the ground and draws his sword and manifests force shield when he hears the chittering start.

[roll0]

[AC 22- 8 Armor, 4 Force Screen]

Ryuuk
2008-02-11, 09:11 PM
Guicho

Spot: [roll0]

Reptilius
2008-02-11, 10:17 PM
Shauni

((Sorry this is so late))

Init-[roll0]

Shauni digs her hand into her pack and pulls out a scroll of Cat's Grace, which she then invokes. ((No UMD, Grace is a spellthief spell))

HP-30/30
AC-18

anIceFan
2008-02-11, 11:04 PM
Aleash

Looking back at Shauni and Guicho, Aleash says Hold on until we know it is safe.
He then moves up behind Crog sword at the ready.

[roll0]

Reptilius
2008-02-12, 02:28 PM
((I need a caster level check...oops))

DC 4 [roll0]

The Big Orc
2008-02-13, 07:03 PM
spot 1d20+1=19

((srry guys been kinda busy with other stuff))

borninbones
2008-02-14, 07:55 PM
Aleash, Shauni and Crog get to act. The 10 medium spiders approach up from the bones. Aleash, Shauni, Crog, take your actions first. They are 10 feet away.

Reptilius
2008-02-15, 04:06 PM
Shauni

Shauni quickly pulls out her hitherto uncooperative wand, and gestures with in the direction of the spiders.

"Work, dammit!"

HP:30
AC: 18 (10+4 armor+4 dex)
UMD-[roll0]
Attack-[roll1]
Damage-[roll2]
Sneak Attack ((Do I get sneak attack? I think they saw us first, right?))-[roll3]

borninbones
2008-02-15, 04:32 PM
The suprise round is based on initiative, but only those that made their spot checks can act. Since the spiders have not acted yet, they are considered to be ff and therefore the sneak attack squishes one spider. Nine left.

anIceFan
2008-02-15, 05:19 PM
Aleash

Aleash steps forward and flicks his greatsword at the nearest spider. Enough with the spiders!

[roll0]
[roll1]

how is that for horrible damage. 2 natural 1's. What the heck!

Katasi
2008-02-15, 10:08 PM
how is that for horrible damage. 2 natural 1's. What the heck!

Be glad it's not a greataxe instead of a greatsword, you'd only have done 1 damage instead of 2

The Big Orc
2008-02-16, 11:46 AM
Crog runs so that he can reach 2 of them at least and will strike the first with his greatsword

atk 1d20+10=18
damage 2d6+9=19

If he manages to kill that one he will cleave through to the second one ((cleave feat))

atk 1d20+10=30 ((possible crit))
confirmation 1d20+10=27
damage 2d6+9=12 ((if crit then 24))

borninbones
2008-02-18, 02:15 PM
((sorry about the long time between posts, especially during combat, rl problems))

7 spiders are left. They are just swarming you so crog gets one attack of opportunity and aleash gets one attack as well.

You both however have two attack you.

2 on aleash
attack [roll0]
damage (if hit) [roll1] + fort save
attack [roll2]
damage (if hit) [roll3] + fort save

2 on Crog
attack [roll4]
damage (if hit) [roll5] + fort save
attack [roll6]
damage (if hit) [roll7] + fort save

1 goes for shauni (the same one you hit)
attack [roll8]
damage (if hit) [roll9] + fort save

1 goes for guicho
attack [roll10]
damage (if hit) [roll11] + fort save

and one for sandstrider
attack [roll12]
damage (if hit) [roll13] + fort save

anIceFan
2008-02-18, 04:12 PM
Aleash

Aleash slashes at one of the spiders that is attacking him.

from prior round
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Katasi
2008-02-18, 06:10 PM
Sandstrider gives a slight grunt as the spiders fangs clang off his armor, only narrowly missing his skin. He grips his sword tightly and swings it hard, swinging it towards the spider that just attacked him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Katasi
2008-02-18, 06:13 PM
no tthat it's needed, since the normal damage overkilled the spider.... but I finally got a crit so I'm going to confirm it, lol.

[roll0]

Ryuuk
2008-02-19, 12:07 AM
Guicho AC 21 (or 22 against the spider hat attacked him/closest other spider, thanks to dodge)

Guicho watches as the spider tries to take a bit our of him, only to miss by a few inches as he moves back. With a smirk, he tries to return the favor, driving his rapier straight into it's maw.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

borninbones
2008-02-22, 03:18 PM
((sorry about that, my rl just went to hell in a handbasket and back, ty all for waiting for me))

Aleash kills a spider. Good work!

Katasi: Crit confirmed, you are now covered in spider guts. Add +1 to any intimidation roll for the next 24 hrs and -1 to any diplomacy checks till you have had a bath.

NPC The wizard speaks in an arcane language and fire erupts from his fingers, 2 spiders (one attacking crog and one attacking shauni go up in flames and are dead).

3 left
1 on crog still
attack [roll0]
damage (if hit) [roll]1d6 + fort save
1 on guicho
attack [roll1]
damage (if hit) [roll2] + fort save
1 on aleash
attack [roll3]
damage (if hit) [roll4] + fort save

and everyone else's turn.

Katasi
2008-02-22, 08:05 PM
Sandstrider sighs, something about this seems to easy. He moves toward the nearest spider, stopping outside it's reach (5 ft. away), and slashes toward it's abdomen.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Reptilius
2008-02-22, 08:49 PM
Shauni

Shauni aims carefully with her wand, trying not to hit Crog by mistake.

UMD-[roll0]
Attack-[roll1]
damage-[roll2]

HP: 30/30
AC:18

((UMD Failure))

anIceFan
2008-02-23, 02:16 AM
Aleash

Bracing himself as the spiders teeth skim off of his armor. Aleash tries to finish off the spider attacking him, but it is too close for him to get a good swing at it and his sword swings wide.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I am assuming that an 8 is a miss.

The Big Orc
2008-02-23, 08:58 AM
((only one of all those hits hit me and the damage didnt work for it))

fortitude 1d20+8=24

ATK 1d20+10=16
DMG 2d6+9=16

IF KILLED THEN CLEAVE

ATK 1d20+10=20
DMG 2d6+9=18

Ryuuk
2008-02-23, 09:18 AM
Guicho AC 21 (or 22 against the spider that attacked him/closest other spider, thanks to dodge)

After dodgeing the spider's attack, Guicho continues to duel with the little bugger.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Ryuuk
2008-02-23, 09:19 AM
Crit confirm

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Total: 7 in normal, 15 if the critical landed.

borninbones
2008-02-24, 09:50 AM
And the wizard makes some sigh of relief in a language no one understands. There is a 1 foot by 1 foot hole in the floor where the spiders had dug their way into the tunnel. I am assuming for the moment that you stuff something into the whole and continue on. As you proceed on the hallway opens up into a huge natural cavern, complete with stalagmites and stalactites. You can hear the familiar sound of bats flying around up above. Even with the light from your torches and the light eminating from the elf, you cannot see the top of the cavern. The polished marble, now a faded memory, has become what you assume to be limestone and granite mixture. Two large columns run up from the floor to the ceiling.

As you proceed through the cavern, you have found 3 other exits from the room. One Large Door. One Small Tunnel to your right and back the way you came. The small tunnel smells almost pleasant but not like kobolds. The large door kind of stinks like something bad smelling was behind it.

borninbones
2008-02-26, 09:59 PM
which tunnel do you take?

anIceFan
2008-02-27, 06:05 PM
Aleash

Aleash walks over and looks at both the tunnel and the door. His sword is still drawn and held and resting on his shoulder. Comparing the two, he would definitely prefer to take the passage than to see what is behind the door. So obviously he moves over to the door and gives it a tap with the tip of his sword.

I wonder what is behind this door.

Katasi
2008-02-27, 06:13 PM
[don't we get any XP for the spiders?]

Sandstrider thinks for a bit. "I think we should take the big door, I don't like the smell coming from there."

The Big Orc
2008-02-27, 07:13 PM
"Me Think We Should Take Big Door Cause Me Like Smell Coming From It," Crog says as he walks up to it and takes a long sniff at it.

Ryuuk
2008-03-01, 08:47 AM
Guicho

guicho steps closer to the large door, but waves his hand back and forth in front of his head as the smell gets him. He watches Crog with a puzzled look, "Different strokes for different folks I guess."

borninbones
2008-03-04, 03:14 PM
The door opens into the room you are standing. You open the door expecting kobolds gallore but instead find a hall of dead kobold corpses and an overpowering stench. They are scattered about the large hall. In the center of the room is a tower of bones that stands at least 7 feet tall. The hall is quite large, cut out of stone. In broken elvish;

"Halls of cut iron. The pale metal of strength. Hard to forge." You get the general gist that he is refering to this place as a cold iron mine. I can speak this not ex-pec-ted.

There are three exits from this room. All three are large doorways going down into the earth. You hear nothing from any of the doorways. One smells poorly like the room you are in. One smells like sulfur. The last is clear smelling.

things you can do:

rest
see how the kobolds died (heal check)
continue on.
throw up from the stench
go back the way you came and visit the other tunnel
dig through the bones.
rummage around the kobolds.
search the room for secret doors

The Big Orc
2008-03-04, 06:07 PM
Crog will rumage about the room taking ten and taking his time.

total search 10+1=11

Katasi
2008-03-04, 06:33 PM
Sandstrider goes over to one of the kobolds and tries to determine how he died.

[roll0]

as he finishes he throws up violently from the stench.

Reptilius
2008-03-04, 10:43 PM
Shauni

Shauni follows the rest into the room. "Gwhaoh! What happened here?" she says loudly, "How did they all die?" She takes a quick glance around the room, holding her nose as she does so. Coming across the sulfur-smelling door, she stops. Wondering for a moment, she says bemusedly, "I think we should go this way." She examines the door more carefully.

Search-[roll0]

anIceFan
2008-03-06, 02:29 PM
Aleash

Entering the room, Aleash is almost overwhelmed by the stench. When Sandstrider begins to spew, he quickly looks for something to occupy his minds. Luckily, at the same time Shauni calls attention to one of the doors. He wanders over with her and looks.

Why this one?

Sorry for the delay.

Ryuuk
2008-03-06, 05:04 PM
Guicho

Guicho jumps back thanks to the combination of stench and view. He takes a few seconds, but when he enters he covers his mouth and nose with his cloak hoping to filter the stench. He hugs the wall as he moves into the wall, trying to keep his distance from the evident source of the pestilence. Approaching the door Shauni pointed out, he tries to answer Aleash through the cloth. "Mebe ta sulver il elp us furget ta mell" He shrugs though, he just wanted to leave the room and keep moving.

Search for secret doors: [roll0]

Translation
Maybe the sulfer will help us forget the smell

borninbones
2008-03-06, 07:33 PM
The kobolds only seem to have died horribly, and not in a pleasant way.

The doorway going down has several runes on the exterior that glow faintly blue at the touch.

The faintly glowing elf looks over at Guicho, "agreed."

Crog you find a small satchel with 30 pieces of silver in it.

The other doors have no such ruins. One has a similar stench wafting over it. The last doorway seems to be clean and clear.

Reptilius
2008-03-06, 07:40 PM
Shauni

"I'm not sure," she says in answer to Aleash's question, "One door smells just like the dead kobolds, so that's a no go. The other door doesn't really smell like anything, so...and besides, everyone knows sulfur means evil. Or, uh, sulfur."

"Hold on."

Shauni closes her eyes, then slowly breathes in. Upon opening her eyes again, her eyes appear to be segmented as they narrow. A faint cone of light appears where she gazes. She stares intently at the door. (detect magic)

borninbones
2008-03-06, 10:16 PM
The runes glow in your mind. Overwhelming aura of Conjuration.

The Big Orc
2008-03-08, 10:40 AM
I'll poke my coin sack, put it in my bag and come try to kick the sulfur smelling door down.

((I will stop if anyone says to, just in case i dont post for a while))

strength check 1d20+6=18

borninbones
2008-03-09, 08:22 AM
Assuming you head down the stairs...
The stonework changes decidedly to a material that seems familiar but isnt at the same time. When the light hits it, its seems to reflect the glow but only at certain angles causing the light to bounce through the cavern. While the elf does glow, it does not reflect.

As you sheath the torch in a wall socket, the entire hallway lights up through this reflecting. As you continue into the cavern, you come to a small summoning circle etched into the floor. As you approach, the floor glows and runes shift in gentle white light. A hole opens in the middle of the circle and small yellowish orb floats up from the circle.

The globe spins and turns but does not actually move from its spot above the summoning circle. "Come forth and be recognized." It speaks only in your native tongue as per the spell tongues.

Katasi
2008-03-11, 10:08 PM
Sandstriders steps forward. "I am Sandstrider, and these are my friends. Who are you?"

Sandstrider tries to detect evil.

Ryuuk
2008-03-11, 10:34 PM
Guicho

Having had enough experiences with the ruin's traps, Guicho stays back and watches as Sandstrider presents himself. He was volunteering after all.

Reptilius
2008-03-12, 03:28 PM
Shauni

"And why do you want to know?"

anIceFan
2008-03-12, 03:35 PM
Aleash

Aleash scans the cavern. Lets stay out of that circle.

He stays to the back, alert, allowing Sandstrider to handle the conversation.

borninbones
2008-03-12, 09:34 PM
Sandstrider, you succeed in detecting no evil. Kno: the planes check (trained only)

In your native tongue (like the spell tongues) "I am Light of the Firefly. If you are here, you may have questions that I can answer. My summoning lasts enough time for each of you to ask four questions each. Questions about this place. Questions about the evil that resides here. Questions about Him."

*queue ominous music*

borninbones
2008-03-13, 07:54 PM
((So go ahead and post four questions. I will answer them as quickly as possible.))((you can also turn around and take one of the other pathways of course))

Reptilius
2008-03-13, 08:38 PM
Shauni

"Okay, well, here goes:

Who are these weird elf-people?
What is this place, really?
We've been having weird dreams. Do those have to do with some spell on this place or something?
Is there anything here of extreme monetary or magical value?"

Katasi
2008-03-13, 10:04 PM
Sandstrider things for a few moments before asking his questions. "First, Who is 'Him. Second what does he want. Third what are his powers, strengths, and weaknesses. Fourth what is the story behind him and this place?" He asks, thoguhtfully.

anIceFan
2008-03-14, 03:21 PM
Aleash

Aleash listens to the questions posed by his companions before adding his own.

Is Joseph guilty of the murder that he is being held for?
How can we prove that?
How can we cure professor Jenny?
Is there a greater threat to the world in these caves?

borninbones
2008-03-14, 04:17 PM
((and here I was ASSUMING simple and easy questions))((the little globe casts summon plot exposition))

The little globe takes its time answering each question in turn. Again each question is answered in everyone’s native tongue.

Shauni

Who are these weird elf-people?

The ancient race of the Arcturians split into two oposite minded races. Their race, you would best be able to call Ghost Elves. The other race, well they live deeper far deeper. Better known as Tainted Elves.

What is this place, really?

The Arcturian city of Luminarius

We've been having weird dreams. Do those have to do with some spell on this place or something?

No, it has more to do with Him..

Is there anything here of extreme monetary or magical value?"

I am sorry but I do not deal in the every day life of mortals and cannot really answer that question

Sandstrider

First, Who is Him?

Him is a demon of ancient times long ago.

Second what does he want?

Freedom, I would guess to think.

Third what are his powers, strengths, and weaknesses?

An interesting question. Assuming you wanted to kill him, use of cold iron would be the only way.

Fourth what is the story behind him and this place?

Explaining the beginning of the world would be shorter. A long time ago, the Arcturians had a vast empire of magic. They were the pinnacle that any civilization could be. Legend becomes obscure as to what exactly caused the sundering itself and it is before I came into being. Either way, the Sundering took place. The race split into two completely different people. The ghosts and the tainted. The ghosts took to the higher levels of the cities. The tainted took to the surface or went deep beneath the earth.

War broke out between the two, however, the tainted were divided and unable to take on the might of the ghosts. The ghosts were content with what they had and pulled away from the capital and took the cities and continue to live the ruins of the ancient cities.

This place is one of the many passageways to the other cities. If you go back the way you came and take the third door ((the one that doesn’t smell)) it would take you two one of the other ruins. Continuing down this hall will take you to one of the many sources of Arturian magicks. It will take you to Him.

Aleash

Is Joseph guilty of the murder that he is being held for?

No.

How can we prove that?

Head back up to the room you found the bones of the kobolds in and take the middle door. Look for a kobold wearing bone armor. He has the necklace that will prove that Joseph’s freedom is well deserved.

How can we cure professor Jenny?

The sight of her love should clear her up.

Is there a greater threat to the world in these caves?

Yes.

Ryuuk
2008-03-14, 06:36 PM
Guicho

Guicho stands back as the others ask their questions. He had an urge to ask one or two of his own, but after Shauni's last question he though it useless. This Firefly seemd to know mostly of the ruins anyway. As he answers Aleashes question, he starts heading out the room, before a thought hits him. He stapes back into the room and speaks out "I only have two questions, if I may? Well, three now..." If the answer is yes, he proceeds with the other two. "Is there anything we should worry about through the middle door of the bone room? Also, should we worry about him?"

Sorry about the delay, I'm assuming that Aleash, Sandstrider and Shauni share a the native tongue of common.

The Big Orc
2008-03-15, 06:02 PM
"Crog just need two questions. Wheres nearest thing to kill and how bad would it be if I killed you?"

borninbones
2008-03-16, 11:27 AM
Guicho

1. Yes
2. Only the race known as "kobolds"
3. He can do you no Physical Harm.

Crog

1. Go find the Kobolds back through the middle door.
2. That would only send me back.

The summoning circle brightens and the sphere fades. You are now alone in the hallway.

The Big Orc
2008-03-18, 11:24 AM
"So You Not Stay Dead If I Kill You?" Crog asks looking at his great axe just waiting for a chance to show it off.

anIceFan
2008-03-18, 12:53 PM
Aleash

Aleash is able to understand most of what the glowing oracle tells him and his comrades. The important thing for him at the moment, is the completion of their assigned task.

I think our course is clear. Joseph is innocent, and the way to prove it is through that other door. I will be going that way, who is with me?

Putting action to words, Aleash heads back to the dead kobold room, and looks at the middle door, he doesn't touch it yet.

Katasi
2008-03-18, 01:55 PM
Sandstrider follows after Aleash and stands by the middle door.

Ryuuk
2008-03-18, 04:51 PM
Guicho

"Crog, the Firefly just helped us bring some sense to this place. Putting an axe through him seems rather rude." He stretches his arms over his head and turns to look at the Ghost elves, as the spirit put it.

He wanted to question him on the whole Him story, but it would probably be best to do one thing at a time. In the end, he just keeps moving. "So we find the pendant and we can get Joseph out. Sounds simply enough, the kobolds probably won't want to fight after..." He stops, his expression changes to a sudden disappointment and his palm meets the top side of his forehead with a audible slap. "DAMIT! We should have asked it what killed all those kobolds. You guys think it's still around?"

borninbones
2008-03-18, 05:41 PM
The magic circle has faded and the orb has dissappeared.

The Big Orc
2008-03-19, 11:02 AM
I'm just going to knock on the door. And if nothing happens I'm going to open it and count how many traps I set off.

borninbones
2008-03-20, 01:19 PM
Standing in front of you is the way the kobolds died. A Giant Monstrous Spider and several of its young sit in the middle of the meeting hall of this once great city. Its fangs drip with poison as it twitches and its young attack you. The 5 medium spiders skitter towards you.

Initiative
Spot check
Everyone is considered alert and prepared to act. (so no one is considered flatfooted)

forget edits don't roll

borninbones
2008-03-20, 01:25 PM
dm roll s
[roll0]
[roll1]
e
[roll2]

anIceFan
2008-03-20, 06:54 PM
Aleash

Seeing the horrifying countenance of the giant spider, Aleash raises his sword and tries to work his way in beside or past Crog.

If there is room for Aleash to flank with Crog he will do that. His first choice would be to attack the big momma, but if he can't get to her, he will attack one of the smaller critters.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] just in case
[roll=critDamage]2d6+3[roll] again just in case

The Big Orc
2008-03-20, 07:40 PM
As Crog charges the Spider with his great axe drawn he shouts " NOW YOU SEE WHAT A REAL WEAPON DOES" and lets out a blood curling scream. He slashes the spider

((hopefully the intimidate doesnt intimidate you guys, and i wish i could make my text look like its bleeding))

intimidate 1d20+6=21
atk roll 1d20+11+2((charge))=31
damage 1d12+10=21

((srry forgot init))
1d20+2=18

Katasi
2008-03-21, 06:08 PM
[roll0]

Sandstrider will fight using his longspear to reach over the others until he can find a way to get closer.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Katasi
2008-03-21, 07:45 PM
Forgot the spot check that was requestion:

[roll0]

borninbones
2008-03-21, 08:21 PM
The wizard slowly whispers words long with meanings long forgotten as a the roar of a bear issues from his mouth. Sandstrider, your strength is improved by 4.

Ryuuk
2008-03-22, 12:03 AM
Guicho

His question answered, Guicho stays back and draws his rapier. The results of its handiwork were impressive. If Crog and Aleash are willing to act as the vanguard, there's no complaining from his part. Instead, he moves forward along with Sandstrider, fighting conservatively and waiting until the vermin strike.

Initiative [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

He'll stay within Sandstrider's blindspot with the longspear and ready an attack against any spider that draws close enough.

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

AC 17, 18 from Dodge against the closest spider.

borninbones
2008-03-23, 08:14 AM
From Sandstrider's, Guicho's and Crog's attacks, 3 spiders go down in a splash of gooiness. There are 4 spider's left.

Two go for Crog and two go for Sandstrider. If any of the following attacks pierce your armor, even though they might not do any damage, I will need a fort save.
Crog
[roll0]
[roll1] minimum zero
Crog
[roll2]
[roll3] minimum zero
Sandstrider
[roll4]
[roll5] minimum zero
Sandstrider
[roll6]
[roll7] minimum zero

The largest of the spiders roars in defiance and moves in for the kill. It goes for the wizard.
[roll8]
[roll9]

wizard fort
[roll10]
as it turns out, init dictates it is now the party's turn. Make your move.

Ryuuk
2008-03-23, 01:34 PM
Guicho

Guicho holds the spider's carcass down with his boot as he draws his rapier from newfound eight legged sheath. With a swift motion, he brings the thin blade back and thrusts it into one of the spiders that tried to lunge at Sandstrider. He makes sure to pay attention to the large spider's movement's though, common since dictated that it's maw would be much more dangerous then any of its lesser brethren's. ...and after all, Crog's axe Sandstrider's spear or Aleash's sword seemed like much more proper tools for cutting it down.

EditL Disregard

Ryuuk
2008-03-23, 01:37 PM
Guicho

Guicho holds the spider's carcass down with his boot as he draws his rapier from newfound eight legged sheath. With a swift motion, he brings the thin blade back and thrusts it into one of the spiders that tried to lunge at Sandstrider. He makes sure to pay attention to the large spider's movement's though, common since dictated that it's maw would be much more dangerous then any of its lesser brethren's. ...and after all, Crog's axe Sandstrider's spear or Aleash's sword seemed like much more proper tools for cutting it down.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

(Feeling lucky) Crit Confirm [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Edit: Drat, missed the crit by one, though it probably wouldn't have confirmed anyway. Also, the I forgot my rolls on the above post.

The Big Orc
2008-03-23, 06:20 PM
Fort 1 1d20+8=23
Fort 2 1d20+8=26

I will continue to atk as much as possible and these are for as many of my turns as you need. I will also be using cleave so use two per round if needed.

atk roll 1d20+11=17
dmg 1d12+10=11
atk roll 1d20+11=16
dmg 1d12+10=12
atk roll 1d20+11=21
dmg 1d12+10=17
atk roll 1d20+11=22
dmg 1d12+10=22
atk roll 1d20+11=27
dmg 1d12+10=15
atk roll 1d20+11=20
dmg 1d12+10=20
atk roll 1d20+11=24
dmg 1d12+10=22

now for fortitude saves that may be needed (AC 16, current health 30/50)

fort 1d20+8=26
fort 1d20+8=21
fort 1d20+8=14
fort 1d20+8=12
fort 1d20+8=12

and everyonce and a while I will shout "DIE PATHETIC SPIDERS DIE" or "ME SO STRONG YOU ALL PATHETIC PIECE OF ****"

anIceFan
2008-03-23, 07:32 PM
Aleash

Still concentrating on the largest spider, Aleash moves into a better flanking position with Crog.
I've...had...enough...of...stinking...spiders.

[roll0] included flanking bonus
[roll1]

I will not include possible crit rolls, because I don't want to jinx anything.

anIceFan
2008-03-23, 07:34 PM
Aleash, critical follow up

Ain't that grand for reverse psychology

[roll0]
[roll1]

Katasi
2008-03-24, 04:08 AM
One of the spiders attacks gets through Sandstrider's armor, sliding between the plates to his skin, he feels a slight pinprick. The second spider's bit glances harmlessly off his armor.

[roll0]

At such close range Sandstrider drops his longspear and draws his sword, slicing downward at the spider that Guicho didn't stab.

[roll1]
[roll2]

borninbones
2008-03-24, 08:24 PM
*Squish* goes one that attacked Crog. His axe cleaving through it and the one to the left that Guicho is currently skewering.

Aleash guts a spider. *squishy*

Sandstrider cuts one down.

The wizard takes a concentration check [roll0] to cast defensively. Whispers a few choice words and with hands bristling with static, attempts to zap the last spider, the giant spider. [roll1]
damage [roll2]

Possible attack of opportunity [roll3] damage [roll4]

The giant spider, less excited about getting shocked then the madman with the axe, turns to crog. [roll5] damage [roll6]

Aleash, you are still considered to be flanking. There is only the large spider left. Aleash, Sandstrider, Guicho; your turn.

Sandstrider
you spot a kobold on the ground wearing a pearl necklace

Katasi
2008-03-25, 02:40 AM
Sandstrider sheaths his sword and draws out his bow.

[roll0]
[roll1]

anIceFan
2008-03-25, 10:50 AM
Aleash

Feeling that they are gaining ground, Aleash takes another swing at the giant spider.

[roll0]
[roll1]

FYI, my attacks were supposed to be on the Giant spider

Ryuuk
2008-03-25, 11:51 AM
Guicho

Watching everyone else go for the 'mother' spider, Guicho decides to follow suite. With the Firefly's words still buzzing in his head, he decides to try something different. Passing his rapier to his left hand, he rushes at the spider and draws the longsword that had so far done little but cool his side. If they were to run into him, it would probably be a good idea to get a feel for the blade. Leaving a trail of cool air, he tries to cut into the spider.

Using the longsword found in the burial chamber
Charge Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Cold damage

AC is currently 16 against the spider. (Dodge +1, Charge -2)

borninbones
2008-03-25, 03:31 PM
Aleash

Feeling that they are gaining ground, Aleash takes another swing at the giant spider.

[roll0]
[roll1]

FYI, my attacks were supposed to be on the Giant spider

sorry, my bad. damage alocated and moved. What that would mean that crog's attack would have cleaved through the next spider.

The spider roars and attempts to bite aleash (who has done the most damage to it.) [roll0] damage [roll1] fort save

Sandstrider's and Guicho's attacks bounce of the hide of the creature.

It looks more then half dead. The wizard, still channeling the spell, takes another lunge at it. [roll2] damage [roll3]

anIceFan
2008-03-25, 09:33 PM
Aleash

Aleash lands a mighty blow on the spider, but he pays the price. The beasts fangs sink between a couple of links in his armor and pierce his shoulder.

[roll0]

So, what am I trying to beat on the fort save, and what is the effect?

Ryuuk
2008-03-25, 11:12 PM
Guicho

Ok, it needs a bit more 'umph' Dropping his rapier, Guicho readies himelf again from the failed slash and grips the longsword in both hands. "Argh!" Winding back, he tries to get the spider to feel this one.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + [roll2] Cold

W haven't seen any web, so I'm gonna guess the saves are for poison.

borninbones
2008-03-26, 01:01 PM
((yes it is poison. It looks almost dead, katasi and aleash, your turn.))

anIceFan
2008-03-26, 01:13 PM
Aleash

Although he is severely weakened by the spiders bite, Aleash is able to fight off further effects of the poison. Wanting to end this fight as soon as possible, he takes a mighty swing with his greatsword.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I am assuming that he is able to fight off the effects of the poison.

anIceFan
2008-03-26, 01:17 PM
Aleash, crit confirm

His desperation to end the fight lends power to Aleash's strike.

[roll0]
[roll1]

borninbones
2008-03-26, 08:31 PM
Not only is he able to fight off the affects of the poison, his horrible blow to the spider goes through the outer carapace and ends it reign over the kobolds.

The wizard puts his hands on his knees. "Whew." There are no spiders left. What do you do?

anIceFan
2008-03-26, 10:57 PM
Aleash

As if his last blow has drained him of all vitality, Aleash drops to his knees alongside the spider. When no other opponents materialize, He reaches into his backpack and withdraws a vial. Pulling the stopper, he drains the liquid in one gulp.

Apparently, the potion had set either in his bag, or in the shop for too long, because only a small portion of his vitality is restored.

I will need to rest a bit before we move on. That beast found a gap in my armor. I will recover, but it will take some time. Perhaps we can find a better place.

[roll0]

Katasi
2008-03-26, 11:05 PM
After that last spider falls Sandstrider reaches down and grabs the amulet from the kobold's neck. "I think this is what we came for" he says.

Ryuuk
2008-03-27, 09:21 AM
Guicho

Gotta work on it Guicho picks up his rapier and puts it and the longsword away. Once Sandstrider finds the amulet, he turns to the elf wizard. "There it is, is it enough proof for Joseph to get out?"

borninbones
2008-03-27, 01:20 PM
The wizard nods and takes the necklace from you. "This go back with me."

Cut Scene (aka brief railroading).

The group slowly makes their way back through the caverns and through the room that looked like it had scene so many battles. Past the hallway that eventually leads out into the room with Joseph locked up. The wizard gives the necklace to the cleric, a single tear falls from the cleric's eye. He orders the other elves to move the rock, which they do so with haste. Joseph extends his thanks to all of you for clearing his name. The elves depart from the room back the way they came. The wizard and cleric both nod to you before leaving. The trip back to return Joseph to his home is short and uneventful. Once seeing Joseph, the crazy lady regains her sanity. And thanks you for returning her fiance.

You are all praised and offered positions in the League of Explorers and are all to have statues made in the proposed hall of explorers in Stwairvane.

You each gain 7000 experience and are given 1600 gold pieces each.

borninbones
2008-03-27, 01:27 PM
Here is where the campaign splits. You have all done a wonderful job of roleplaying. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing with each of you as I hope you have enjoyed playing with me. This campaign is complete. We can go our separate ways or we can continue playing. I would like to continue.

anIceFan
2008-03-27, 01:54 PM
There were a couple of hooks in the story that are worth exploring, plus we have 7000 XP and 1600 GP to play with. If everyone else is game, we can continue.

borninbones
2008-03-27, 02:30 PM
I would liike to hear from everyone before continuing to see if I need to recruit more or just keep going. And you are correct on the several hooks, such as the two hallways with nothing in them. The thought to be extint race of ghost elves. I think this puts everyone at or above the next level. Something else I will also allow is for anyone who wants to change their character and make a new one, I am also open to.

Ryuuk
2008-03-28, 07:17 AM
I'd be willing to continue, though I would also take you up on the offer of changing my character slightly. I felt rather useless the first few encounters and perhaps trying to keep Wis and Int high might have been a bit of a stretch. Guicho as a character will stay the same, but I'd just like to trade the level in Psychic Warrior to a level in Psion. The way I see it, he would still be able to do anything he already did.

Ah, nice, it looks like 7000 exp would leave us at 16300 xp, which would be lvl 6 with a few points of xp left over.

borninbones
2008-03-28, 01:06 PM
That sounds fine.

The Big Orc
2008-03-28, 04:16 PM
I think I'll continue. But would it be ok if I made a new character? i'll make it lvl 6 with the same amount of exp but normal gear. I want to try a wizard or something. FIREBALL! :)

borninbones
2008-03-28, 09:39 PM
Great! Have a 'blast'

anIceFan
2008-03-28, 10:27 PM
I like the way ALeash is going. I will just upgrade him to level 6. Of course, I just remembered a couple of days ago that he is not just a paladin, but a rogue paladin. So, now I have to figure out where I want to bring him up.

The Big Orc
2008-03-29, 11:52 AM
say hello to DRATH, the level 6 human wizard! here are what i think you need to know:
str 14
dex 18
con 16
int 19 (+2 for headband of intelect so 21 total)
wis 15
cha 10

fort 7
ref 8
will 9

hp 38
ac 16
init 4

skills
concentration 12
decipher script 14
knowledge (arcana, history, geography and the planes) 14
spellcraft 14
suvival (cc) 6.5
(Bluff gets +3 due to familiar snake)

Feats
Brew potion
craft wondrous item
great fortitude
iron will
lightening reflexes

Possesions:
familiar snake
+2 amulet of natural armour
+2 headband of intelect
spellbook
spell component pouch
bedroll
backpack
sack (for all my coins!)
2 rations
976 gold
8 silver

loads:
light 58
med 116
heavy 175

languages:
common
draconic
sylvan
elven
celestial

spells per day:
0lvl 4
1lvl 5
2lvl 4
3lvl 3

((how do you do the spoilers?))
((won't put up spells now because it takes so long a time but if you need to know them i'll put em up))

anIceFan
2008-03-29, 02:20 PM
For spooilers replace () with []
(spoilers) (/spoilers)

Ryuuk
2008-03-29, 11:17 PM
I think it's just "spoiler" though, without the "s" at the end.

Working on a lvl 6 version of Guicho. Just wondering, Along with the Cold Longsword, he found a Wee Jas themed Silver Tea set. About how much could he get for it?

anIceFan
2008-03-29, 11:53 PM
Doh, you are right.

Speaking of stuff we found, Aleash will get the stone horse and the plate with horse stuff identified while we are off screen.

The Big Orc
2008-04-01, 09:59 AM
While everything is happening, Crog will use his new found money and fame to go off and search for his old friend Slyfin, never to be seen by anyone in our party again. ((The is of course after he gets into about a thousand bar fights and the local authorities force him out of town, how ever long that may take))

Drath, who was in town at the time of the Ceremony ((that was what it was right?)) and thought to himself "These are some very interesting people. Maybe I should go meet them. They would make a very interesting comeradry." ((Dang it I have to sound smart when i talk!!!)) ((Items that increase inteligence, headband of intellect, do they give you extra skillpoints?))