PDA

View Full Version : Vampire necromancer build

Amdy_vill
2019-06-30, 06:30 AM
So this is the idea vampire necromancer. i am think zen vampire for race with 4 levels in one of these; oath breaker paladin, death domain cleric, circle of the spore druid. then 16 levels in wizard necromancer.

Build

str 10
dex 8
con 13
wis 14
int 16(+1)
cha 14(+2)

Monk way of the long death 4

Wizard necromancer 16

NatureKing
2019-06-30, 06:45 AM
Zen Vampire: Zendikar, you mean?

They are pretty poor: +Int and Cha don't mesh well with any class yet. The Bite is worthless on all but a commoner. If raising dead, you don't need saves though, so it's not completely wasted, but those minor benefits are costs that could be gained elsewhere.

You can create Nulls through your racial bite. Ask your DM if this counts as an unarmed attack, in which case, perhaps Monk could be an option. Creating Nulls in this way means you can afford to spend spell slots that are not Animating Humanoid Corpses.

Odd option: refluff a Lizardfolk: they are tough (+2 Con), have a toughness to represent the Vampires resistance to Damage (AC13+Dex), and improve wisdom saves, and have a much better Bite attack.

Remember:
- You don't start at level 20
- Most adventure paths end at level 13-15

Amdy_vill
2019-06-30, 07:20 AM
Zen Vampire: Zendikar, you mean?

They are pretty poor: +Int and Cha don't mesh well with any class yet. The Bite is worthless on all but a commoner. If raising dead, you don't need saves though, so it's not completely wasted, but those minor benefits are costs that could be gained elsewhere.

You can create Nulls through your racial bite. Ask your DM if this counts as an unarmed attack, in which case, perhaps Monk could be an option. Creating Nulls in this way means you can afford to spend spell slots that are not Animating Humanoid Corpses.

Odd option: refluff a Lizardfolk: they are tough (+2 Con), have a toughness to represent the Vampires resistance to Damage (AC13+Dex), and improve wisdom saves, and have a much better Bite attack.

Remember:
- You don't start at level 20
- Most adventure paths end at level 13-15

just sent my dm a message and he said yes the bite counts as an unarmed attack.

NatureKing
2019-06-30, 07:29 AM
You may want to consider 1-4, or even 5 levels on monk. You can grapple, and make 2 bite attacks on the target each dealing 2d6+Dex Damage at level 5. Long Death or Shadow Monk thematically for the Vampire appearance

Of course, this slows down your spell progression, meaning no animate dead until 11th level.

Amdy_vill
2019-06-30, 07:33 AM
You may want to consider 1-4, or even 5 levels on monk. You can grapple, and make 2 bite attacks on the target each dealing 2d6+Dex Damage at level 5. Long Death or Shadow Monk thematically for the Vampire appearance

Of course, this slows down your spell progression, meaning no animate dead until 11th level.

ok. i am fine with that, now what about feats. i known i need the grappler feat if i am using the bite attack but what other feats will help, war caster?

NatureKing
2019-06-30, 08:23 AM
What level are you starting? What level is the game expected to last?

Grappler fest is a trap, forget it exists in the game. It takes multiple actions to apply and prevents you from dealing any damage, while your Vampire Monks Grapple+Shove+Bite effectively does the same and puts 2d6+Dex Damage in.

Your stats you need are Str, Dex, Con, Wis and Int. Wis for your Stun (Incapacitated) DC. Int for your spell save DC's. Str for your Grapples until stun comes online. Con to stay alive. Dex is mitigated by higher Wis and Shield Spell. If Gauntlets of Ogre Power are allowed as a starting magic item you can instead dump Str.

You can ignore Int if you don't want Spell Saves. Maybe look for a headband of intellect later.

You are so tight on your stats you will want the bonuses to you ability scores instead.

Amdy_vill
2019-06-30, 08:57 AM
What level are you starting? What level is the game expected to last?

Grappler fest is a trap, forget it exists in the game. It takes multiple actions to apply and prevents you from dealing any damage, while your Vampire Monks Grapple+Shove+Bite effectively does the same and puts 2d6+Dex Damage in.

Your stats you need are Str, Dex, Con, Wis and Int. Wis for your Stun (Incapacitated) DC. Int for your spell save DC's. Str for your Grapples until stun comes online. Con to stay alive. Dex is mitigated by higher Wis and Shield Spell. If Gauntlets of Ogre Power are allowed as a starting magic item you can instead dump Str.

You can ignore Int if you don't want Spell Saves. Maybe look for a headband of intellect later.

You are so tight on your stats you will want the bonuses to you ability scores instead.

starting at level 1 and planing on going to level 20