PDA

View Full Version : Savage Species : Guideline For Core Races ???

Sarethus
2019-06-30, 01:33 PM
I'm curious, has anyone ever tried to recreate Core Races using Savage Species rules?

I am trying to modify an Elven Race to better reflect a campaign setting but have had some difficulty in how to weigh their abilities then I got to wondering about the other core races.

So I would like to ask if anyone here has ever attempted to evaluated the Core Races based on Savage Species rules? or has some guidelines as to how to weight their abilites?

zlefin
2019-06-30, 02:16 PM
You could use the pathfinder race builder guidelines; they're not perfect, but they shouldn't be any worse than 3.5s. You just need to account for3.5 using net-zero stats, while pathfinder uses net +2 stats.

Sarethus
2019-07-01, 12:46 AM
Thanks, I took a look at it but it did not have precisely what I wanted.

The ability score distribution was a bit out of I needed (Going into -4 or +4...) and a few traits were not scored individually but as a group (Plant and Construct for example, I wish would have given individual values for their traits.)

Regarding my modified Elf, I think I'll post it on the home brew forum and ask for people's opinion there but I am still hoping that someone has done a breakdown of the core races using Savage Species.