PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help picking SLAs

Stevesciguy
2019-06-30, 08:23 PM
A game I'm applying to has a homebrewed Vow of Poverty that gives me some bonus SLAs. At my level, I get three at-will SLAs of 3rd level or lower, and three 3/day SLAs of 5th level or lower. Problem is, I have no idea what to pick! These SLAs can be from any class list.

My character is an elderly druid/psion who strongly believes that nearly anyone can be redeemed. He doesn't have Vow of Nonviolence or Peace, so he can resort to lethal means if he has to, but it is his very last resort. He also believes that taking control of someone's mind is one of the worst things a being can do.

I am 17th level. He currently casts as a 14th level druid and 13th level psion, with wild shape as 14th level druid, with a companion as druid 17th. He's taken both Practiced Manifester and Practiced Spellcaster to bring his CL and ML up to snuff.

Here's his WIP sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1946197)

I'm thinking stuff more along the lines of buffs/utility/battlefield control, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Thank you:smallsmile:

Venger
2019-06-30, 08:42 PM
I'll leave off druid stuff since you already have access

3rds
bands of steel
bestow curse
bite of the wererat
black sand
blink
close wounds
delay death
dimension door
dispel magic
great thunderclap
haboob
mass lesser vigor

5ths
baleful polymorph
circlet of enervation
bite of the werebear
greater blink
body harmonic
circlet of enervation
cloudkill
daltim's fiery tentacles
dominate person
draconic polymorph
kiss of the vampire
magic jar
manifest death
manifest life
necrotic skull bomb
raise dead
rejuvenation cocoon
revivify

StevenC21
2019-06-30, 10:54 PM
Well, here's a question.

If a SLA ignores components... It might be fun to get at will Lahms Finger Darts.

Venger
2019-06-30, 11:06 PM
Well, here's a question.

If a SLA ignores components... It might be fun to get at will Lahms Finger Darts.

Good call. Excellent spell, much better if you can obviate cost.

Stevesciguy, does your dm give you grief about alignment? your character is Good, will your dm hassle you for casting [evil] spells? I know some people try to change pc alignment for stuff like that in fr games. blessedly, eberron fixed that

Stevesciguy
2019-06-30, 11:14 PM
Good call. Excellent spell, much better if you can obviate cost.

Stevesciguy, does your dm give you grief about alignment? your character is Good, will your dm hassle you for casting [evil] spells? I know some people try to change pc alignment for stuff like that in fr games. blessedly, eberron fixed that

I've been allowed to take the Saint template, and he said he was going to hold me to high exalted standards as a result. He says he's usually lax about alignment, but I think that casting [Evil] spells would be both out of character and would probably violate my exalted status

Venger
2019-07-01, 12:02 AM
then as delightful as attacking enemies with your own fingers is, maybe leave lahm's finger darts for your next character