PDA

View Full Version : How is the gunslinger by Matt.M in play?

Keeganwilson
2019-07-01, 10:36 AM
Anyone used this fighter subclass, what did you think? I usually play casters but I was listening to a podcast the other day and they had one that sounded hella cool.

Moltenbrisingr
2019-07-01, 11:14 AM
I have played this class. To be honest I loved the class, but it may be a bit over powered for your average game. They try to balance it and mostly succeed, but I found I wasn't having a lot of fun after a few months of play. I ended up swapping to a new character.

Demonslayer666
2019-07-01, 11:39 AM
I haven't played one a lot, but from what I have seen, they are pretty kickass if they utilize their grit abilities.

Dork_Forge
2019-07-01, 11:47 AM
I Dm'd for one and it was pretty cool, the player had a lot of fun. The weapon dice for the guns are fairly big but it's not much more of an issue than your typical sharpshooter build, the thing to remember is that it's a class based on risk/reward. You have the increasing chance to misfire and you have to declare your use of trickshots (and therefore Grit) before you attack, unlike maneuvers and smites. I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot if you're able to it is a pretty fun subclass, I actually put together a build (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nW4jZ8wYU8) if you'd like an idea of how to put one together.