PDA

View Full Version : Any radiant weapons besides Sun Blade?

samcifer
2019-07-01, 12:17 PM
So the only weapon I've found that does radiant damage is the sun blade from the DMG. Are there any other weapons that do radiant damage? I'm looking for a 2H reach weapon since I have GWM and Polearm Master. Also, please list the source for the weapon (which book or module it's in). Thanks in advance.

Nagog
2019-07-01, 12:25 PM
You could take another weapon that has those qualities for another damage type and reskin it, as approved by your DM. Most DMs won't really care either way as long as it doesn't push the power level boundary too far

ProsecutorGodot
2019-07-01, 12:30 PM
Well, there's the Holy Avenger which deals 2d10 radiant damage to fiends and undead. I hear those are pretty easy to come by.

There isn't an official magic item (unless present in Ghost of Saltmarsh, which I don't have access to) that gives you easy access to radiant damage other than a Sun Blade. Out of the seven weapons listed on DND Beyond that deal radiant damage two of them are Mace of Disruption and three of them are Sun Blades. Four of them are legendary weapons.

Your best bet is to ask your DM for a homebrew solution. Not just because of a lack of radiant damage weapons but also because finding a magical glaive/polearm beyond a simple +X to hit is nearly impossible.

Zetakya
2019-07-01, 12:39 PM
Sounds to me like the kind of request that has to be custom made, leading to a necessary quest for rare materials for the item creation.