PDA

View Full Version : Who is the “Vampire King” and why would one of his children be a 1st level wizard?

Zhentarim
2019-07-01, 09:13 PM
There is an entry for “Sacred Ancestry” (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-dhampir/#Sacred_Ancestry) on the PFSRD, but I’m not familiar with this piece of lore. Am I missing something?

KillianHawkeye
2019-07-01, 09:36 PM
I dunno about any Vampire King or much about the Pathfinder lore in general, but dhampirs are a race of people descended from vampires. It's not like you're the son or daughter of the Vampire King, you just come from his bloodline (probably many generations removed).

So there's no reason you can't be a first level wizard or any other kind of character you want to be.

torrasque666
2019-07-01, 10:28 PM
If you'll note the source, its from a collab work Paizo did with Vampire Hunter D. It occupies a weird sorta limbo where it has no bearing on Golarian at all, but it is still technically a first party published source book. Its kinda like the Dragonlance Campaign Setting in a way.

But yeah that is A) supposed to be rare and B) given the source material, not a "several generations removed" case.

Biguds
2019-07-01, 10:30 PM
As the book from where this heritage came isn't an official Pathfinder book (it's an adaptation of Vampire Hunter D), the is no official, Golarion lore, for this King.

Cheers

torrasque666
2019-07-01, 10:35 PM
As the book from where this heritage came isn't an official Pathfinder book (it's an adaptation of Vampire Hunter D), the is no official, Golarion lore, for this King.

Cheers
It actually is a Pathfinder, Paizo published book. But you are right in that it has no bearing on Golarion Lore.