PDA

View Full Version : there is plane shifting...

Naknakthebedshe
2019-07-02, 05:36 PM
But is there a lower level spell that does about the same thing. I want to survive my GM's endgame which is going to be our native plane shifting into the abyss. I also want to be able to cast reincarnated. And fit in two levels of cleric. But like most things the fat must be trimmed. And I know I may have to drop something.
A sorcerers gets level 7 spells at 15. Druids gets reincarnate at 7th lvl. And goodberry gets better with 2 levels of life cleric.

Man_Over_Game
2019-07-02, 05:48 PM
But is there a lower level spell that does about the same thing. I want to survive my GM's endgame which is going to be our native plane shifting into the abyss. I also want to be able to cast reincarnated. And fit in two levels of cleric. But like most things the fat must be trimmed. And I know I may have to drop something.
A sorcerers gets level 7 spells at 15. Druids gets reincarnate at 7th lvl. And goodberry gets better with 2 levels of life cleric.

Nope. The closest there is outside of Plane Shift are Blink and Etherealness, but both of those are temporary and only get you as far as the Ethereal Plane.

Galithar
2019-07-02, 05:56 PM

I recommend spell scrolls. If your GM isn't trying to railroad you to death (literally) it should be relatively easy to track down a higher level scroll (assuming proper expenditure of gold and a campaign setting where such a thing is likely enough to exist)

Lunali
2019-07-02, 06:51 PM
There's banishment if you're going to your native plane, but no control over where you come out.

Naknakthebedshe
2019-07-02, 07:10 PM
This is just a side game starting at lvl one ending at what I guess is lvl 20. And from what I gather he wants to use this side game as a example as to what will happen if we do not stop the BBEG in our main game. The main game is heavy on planes hopping and reincarnation and stopping a "young" evil demi/semi goddess trying to become a full fledged God by ripping the main games plane into her level of the abyss aka the current side "game's" plane. So it's a railroad but it is also the past of main campaign.

Dalebert
2019-07-05, 12:13 PM
Full casters get level 7 spells at 13 actually.