PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying How to role play a disease mage

SangoProduction
2019-07-03, 10:25 PM
So I had the idea of a healer who went around helping the sick and infirm, until he found out that bacteria are living things too, and so killing them is immoral. But it's also immoral to just let someone die because of the diseases. So he takes them on, himself. (He also doesn't eat, instead using a ring of sustenance.)

Cool. Interesting. Rather unique. Nurgle Approved.

But outside of that one facet of the character - of being a super-vegan - I can't seem to build a complete character around him. I mean that in a roleplay sense. The mechanics are really easy, especially with Spheres of Power.

Clearly, he'd prefer to reform the bandits that attack him, rather than slaughtering them. Anything else? Uh...um...He wants peace and love and joy in the world? Seems rather flat.

pabelfly
2019-07-03, 10:50 PM
Maybe he or she wants to tame and/or subdue enemy animals rather than defeating them.

They could also want to help out nature itself. They start protecting natural areas for animals, managing rangers or druids in helping patrol areas, making sure that nature stays in balance.

Do you think those ideas might help your character?

ViperMagnum357
2019-07-04, 01:23 PM
Maybe a different tack; go fully off kilter, and worship Ragnorra from Elder Evils. You are fully convinced you are helping the world with your healing and infusion of life, but the rest of the world disagrees. Vehemently.

zlefin
2019-07-04, 08:20 PM
so, basically a vow of peace exalted char? those tend to be trouble for parties.

roleplay wise; nothing obvious comes to mind, so I go to the next step: pointing to similar characters in media and copying aspects of them. How about Vash the Stampede from Trigun? that's an entertaining character that sounds like a decent fit.