Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (5)+Constitution Modifier

PROFICIENCIES
Armor: All
Weapons: All
Tools: Mechanic's tools, Engineer's tools, any one other

Saving Throws: Intelligence and Constitution
Skills: Choose three from any skill based on mental stats

EQUIPMENT
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
-Any two weapons (with 20 pieces of ammo, if ranged)
-a) Leather armor, b) scale mail, or c) chain mail
-a) A diplomat's pack or b) a scholar's pack

Tech-Priest

Level
Proficiency Bonus
Features
Tech Points

1st
+2
Mechanical Defense, Cyborg, Master Artisan

2nd
+2
Power Of The Machine Spirit, Master Of Machines

3rd
+2
Archetype

4th
+2
Ability Score Improvement

5th
+3
Mechanisms

6th
+3
Archetype Feature

7th
+3
Weapon Artist

8th
+3

9th
+4
Improved Mechanical Defenses

10th
+4
Archetype Feature

11th
+4
Advanced Mechanisms

12th
+4

13th
+5
Armor Artist

14th
+5
Mind Of Metal

15th
+5
Cloning

16th
+5

17th
+6
Archetype Feature

18th
+6
Final Mechanisms

19th
+6

20th
+6
Archmagos

Mechanical Defense
At level one, your AC may equal 10+your Dexterity modifier+your Intelligence modifier. You may use a shield with this AC.

Cyborg
At level one, you are treated as your original type and as a Construct, whichever is less beneficial to you.

Master Artisan
At level one, you gain a pool of Tech Points. You may imbue any item with a number of Tech Points up to your proficiency bonus as a bonus action. For each point invested in this way to a weapon, its damage increases by one (up to the wielder's proficiency bonus), and for a tool, it increases any check made with the tool by one (again, up to the user's proficiency bonus). This lasts until the Tech Priest takes a long rest.

Any expended Tech Points return after completing a Long Rest.

Power Of The Machine Spirit
At level two, you learn to harness the Machine Spirit present in all constructs. In practice, this allows you to communicate telepathically to any construct within 60'. In addition, in a process taking eight hours and five GP, you may create a device and put it in an ally that allows you to communicate with them in the same manner. Anyone you are communicating with can respond in kind. Finally, you may use your Tech Points to heal others you can communicate telepathically with. This costs an action, and heals for one HP for every two Tech Points spent.

Master Of Machines
At level two, you may now be treated as Humanoid or Construct, whichever is more beneficial to you.

Archetype
At level three, select which path you wish to follow, that of the War Priest or the Speaker. You gain features at levels three, six, ten, and seventeen.

Ability Score Improvements
Usual levels, usual deal.

Mechanisms
At level five, you gain access to a single Mechanism-a mechanical augmentation to your form. The initial mechanism is free, but you may swap it out for another for the listed price.

Weapon Artist
At level six, you may now imbue weapons with a bonus to-hit in addition to damage. For every two points invested, the hit bonus of the weapon increases by one. You may not invest more than your proficiency modifier Tech Points into any single aspect of a weapon. This lasts until the Tech Priest takes a long rest.

Improved Mechanical Defenses
At level nine, you may choose to drop to 1 HP as a reaction upon being dealt damage that would drop you to 0 HP but not kill you outright. You may do so once, and regain the ability to do so upon completing a long rest.

Advanced Mechanisms
At level eleven, you gain a single Advanced Mechanism, or two basic Mechanisms. You may have a maximum of three Mechanisms at any given time, with an Advanced Mechanism counting for two.

Armor Artist
At level thirteen, you may now apply your Tech Points to armors. This increases their AC bonus by one for every two points invested in, with a maximum number of points invested equal to your proficiency bonus. This lasts until the Tech Priest takes a long rest.

You may imbue your own mechanical defenses with the same ability.

Mind Of Metal
At level fourteen, you may substitute an Intelligence saving throw for any Wisdom or Charisma saving throw.

Cloning
At level fifteen, you may cast Clone a ritual taking an hour and costing 50 GP, as you create a second mechanical body. You may do so once, and regain the ability to do so upon completing a long rest. You may have as many as you wish. You may cast this on your companions, but if they die and inhabit the clone, they gain the Cyborg type.

Final Mechanisms
At level eighteen, you gain access to Final Mechanisms, and gain either one of them for free, two Advanced Mechanisms, or four basic Mechanisms. You may have a maximum of seven Mechanisms at any point from now on, with Advanced counting for two and Final counting for four.

Archmagos
At level twenty, you become a Tech Priest supreme, an Archmagos. You may spend Tech Points whenever you take damage to reduce the damage by up to your proficiency bonus, one point of reduction per Tech Point spent, and may regain all Tech Points in a five minute ritual. You may regain Tech Points in this manner once, and regain the ability to do so upon completing a long rest.

War Priest

Fighting Style
At level three, you gain a single Fighting Style of your choice. If you choose Defense, you may apply it even while only using your Mechanical Defense.

Extra Attack
At level six, when you take the Attack action on your turn, you may make two attacks instead of one.

Intelligent Offense
At level ten, you may add your Intelligence modifier to damage from weapon attacks.

Skin Of Metal
At level seventeen, you gain resistance to all bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

Speaker

Canticles
At level three, you learn to speak canticles that bolster your allies as a bonus action. You may use each canticle once per long rest, affecting yourself and all allies within 30' until the start of your next turn. The canticles are:

1-Incantation Of The Iron Soul-Advantage on Wisdom saving throws
2-Litany Of The Electromancer-You and any affected allies immediately deal lightning damage equal to your level to all adjacent foes. Any given enemy can only be affected once by this per canting.
3-Chant Of The Remorseless Fist-Add your proficiency modifier to melee damage rolls.
4-Shroudpsalm-Ranged attacks have disadvantage against affected creatures.
5-Invocation Of Machine Might-Affected creatures may gain advantage on melee attack rolls, but grant advantage to melee attacks from enemies if they gain advantage from this cant.
6-Benediction Of The Omnissiah-Add your proficiency modifier to ranged damage rolls.

Bionic Surge
At level six, you regain HP equal to your proficiency modifier when you choose a canticle.

Improved Canticles
At level ten, your canticles now recharge on a short rest.

Implore The Omnissiah
At level seventeen, you may use your bonus action to randomly roll a canticle to take effect as often as you like.

Any DCs used for Mechanisms use a save DC of 8+your proficiency modifier+your Intelligence modifier.

Basic Mechanisms

Stat Boost
10 GP
Increase any one ability score by two, to a max of sixteen.

Boosters
10 GP
You are under the effects of a Jump spell, and do not need a running start for your maximum jump distance and height.

Autoload Tendrils
10 GP
Your weapons with the loading property can be fired as if they lacked that property. You also gain a +1 to thrown weapon damage and hit rolls.

Spark Engine
20 GP
You may cast any Tech Priest spells you gain as lightning damage instead of their normal damage. You also gain the Shocking Grasp cantrip.

Extra Arms
40 GP
You gain up to two additional arms. These are weak, and cannot hold weapons or shields, but grant you an additional object interaction each round, such as to quaff a potion or open a door.

Bionic Eye
40 GP
You gain advantage on Perception checks relying on sight.

Pneumatic Legs
20 GP
Your land speed increases by 10'.

Basic Casting
50 GP
You gain one first and one second level spell from the Wizard spell list, each castable once per long rest. In addition, you gain two cantrips, castable at-will, from the Wizard list.

Advanced Mechanisms

Balance Gyromechanisms
200 GP
You gain resistance to falling damage and advantage on saves against forced movement and being knocked prone. You may use the higher damage die from versatile weapons while wielded in one hand.

Enhanced Alertness
100 GP
You gain the benefits of the Alert feat.

Wings
150 GP
You gain a fly speed equal to your land speed.

Improved Stat Boost
50 GP
Increase any one ability score by two, to a max of nineteen.

Improved Extra Arms
100 GP
You gain up to two additional arms, capable of wielding weapons and shields. You cannot benefit from more than one shield at a time, but can, for instance, use a shield and a two-handed weapon.

Advanced Casting
150 GP
You gain one first, second, third, and fourth level spells from the Wizard or Cleric spell list, each castable once per long rest. You also gain two cantrips from the same lists, castable at-will.

Final Mechanisms

Final Stat Boost
300 GP
Improve any one ability score by two, to a max of twenty-two.

Ablative Armor
300 GP
You gain THP equal to your proficiency modifier at the start of your turn.

Final Casting
450 GP
You gain one first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth level spells from the Wizard, Cleric, or Warlock spell list, each castable once per long rest. You also gain two cantrips from the same lists, castable at-will.

Multicore Overclock
500 GP
Once per short rest, you may cast Haste on yourself as a bonus action. Starting at the end of the second round Haste is active, you take 1 fire damage each round, cumulatively. (So, 1 damage on round 2, then 2 on round 3, then 3 on round 4, etc.) You cannot heal from this damage until Haste ends.

Phhase
2019-07-05, 07:26 PM
Very nice. I like the mechanisms alot, though there could be more of them. The casting mechanisms especially, I love the idea of being able to customize how much of a caster you are. Though I kinda wish you got them a little sooner/could hod more. If you take a casting mechanism twice, can you choose the same spell(s) in order to get more castings? Can extra arms be used to activate a wand? And how do Advanced Arms work with grappling?

Also, I wouldn't mind trading more spells for higher level ones, or ones from other classes. For example, 1-2 spells of any level instead of 1 each of 1-7th level at Final Mechanism tier.

I miss Construct Companion =(. Gotta have my mecha Cavalier.

Proposed Mechanisms:

Autoload Tendrils
Your weapons with the loading property can be fired every round. +1 to thrown weapon damage and accuracy.

Spark Engine
Spells are cast with lightning damage instead of the listed damage type. Gain the Firebolt cantrip and +1 to spell attack rolls.

Balance Gyros (Adv)
Resistance to falling damage. Two-handed weapons can be used in one hand. Advantage against being moved or knocked prone.

Many-Eyes (Adv)
Gain the Alert Feat.

Filters
Gain infravision, darkvision 30' and blindsight 20'.

Capacitance (Adv)
Resistance to lightning. Damage not taken is stored, up to 2xlevel+Intelligence. As a bonus action, this may be discharged through a weapon, or as a shocking grasp. Overloading the capacitor may cause an explosion (DC 11 Con save + amount overloaded), discharging into you and all within 10'.

Multicore Overclock (Final)
Once per short rest, engage haste. After the second round, take 1 cumulative (1, then 2, then 3...) fire damage per round that cannot be healed until haste is disengaged).

JNAProductions
2019-07-05, 07:58 PM
Very nice. I like the mechanisms alot, though there could be more of them. The casting mechanisms especially, I love the idea of being able to customize how much of a caster you are. Though I kinda wish you got them a little sooner/could hod more. If you take a casting mechanism twice, can you choose the same spell(s) in order to get more castings? Can extra arms be used to activate a wand? And how do Advanced Arms work with grappling?

Also, I wouldn't mind trading more spells for higher level ones, or ones from other classes. For example, 1-2 spells of any level instead of 1 each of 1-7th level at Final Mechanism tier.

I miss Construct Companion =(. Gotta have my mecha Cavalier.

You can indeed select the same spell multiple times. At the extreme end, you could pick Basic Casting seven times and have seven first and seven second level slots. (As well as 14 cantrips.)

For the Mechanisms, I greatly appreciate the suggestions, and will add most of them.

Phhase
2019-07-05, 08:41 PM
I feel like mechanism slots may be a little backloaded/quadratic. While final mechanisms are certainly lategame, I think it wouldn't hurt to have more slots earlier (though still holding off on mechanism tier).

Also, how about an enhanced jumping mechanism?

Kinetic Boosters (Adv?)
Your long jump is up to 20 feet and your high jump is up to 10 feet. You don't need a running start to make these jumps.

JNAProductions
2019-07-05, 08:43 PM
I feel like mechanism slots may be a little backloaded/quadratic. While final mechanisms are certainly lategame, I think it wouldn't hurt to have more slots earlier (though still holding off on mechanism tier).

Also, how about an enhanced jumping mechanism?

Kinetic Boosters (Adv?)
Your long jump is up to 20 feet and your high jump is up to 10 feet. You don't need a running start to make these jumps.

Wings are Advanced.

Better jumping would be basic.

Phhase
2019-07-05, 08:51 PM
Ah.

You note that mechanisms can be swapped out. I assume this covers the case where one would want to switch what spells a casting module contains, right? And I assume mechanism swapping requires some time in addition to the cost.

JNAProductions
2019-07-05, 09:06 PM
Ah.

You note that mechanisms can be swapped out. I assume this covers the case where one would want to switch what spells a casting module contains, right? And I assume mechanism swapping requires some time in addition to the cost.

I'd say a short rest for basic mechanisms, a long rest for anything more advanced.

JNAProductions
2020-11-07, 12:18 PM
Re-opening to allow for critique.

Edit: Received critique from a friend off-site.

Cleaned up some formatting (more to go), and removed entirely the +Int to saves Aura from the Speaker.

noob
2020-11-07, 04:07 PM
I never excepted cybernetic tech to be so cheap.
It is comparable to the cost of regular weapons.
That or dnd weapons are absurdly overpriced.
I do not know which one.

JNAProductions
2020-11-07, 04:10 PM
I never excepted cybernetic tech to be so cheap.
It is comparable to the cost of regular weapons.
That or dnd weapons are absurdly overpriced.
I do not know which one.

The upgrade price is, for most games, flavor text. There's not much to spend money on in 5E.

And note that these are upgrades you apply to yourself-you can't just slap them on any random joe. So it might look cheap, but you're working from a strong foundation.

noob
2020-11-07, 04:36 PM
Could you write somewhere that "cyborg type" means the creature have both their original type and the construct type?
Or is it impossible to use clone on a non human or cyborg creature?
Because right now from what is written if you use clone on a rat then that the rat gets killed suddenly it might become an humanoid and a construct.(because the only place where you described cyborgs was in the cyborg class feature of this class)
Or maybe it is exactly what heretech priests do and you get creepy humanoid constructs from any creature that can be cloned and that techpriests of the imperium never do such an heresy?

JNAProductions
2020-11-07, 04:36 PM
Could you write somewhere that "cyborg type" means the creature have both their original type and the construct type?
Or is it impossible to use clone on a non human or cyborg creature?
Because right now from what is written if you use clone on a rat then that the rat gets killed suddenly it might become an humanoid and a construct.(because the only place where you described cyborgs was in the cyborg class feature of this class)

Makes sense.

Fixed!