PDA

View Full Version : Regeneration and backlash damage question

Schadenfreuda
2019-07-04, 09:29 PM
Many Epic Spells such as Hellball deal unavoidable backlash damage to the caster, but this begs the question: does Regeneration X/- automatically convert backlash damage into non-lethal damage, as it would all other forms of hitpoint damage, or is backlash automatically bypass Regeneration?

Given that the Epic Spell Development page on the SRD says that there is no way to avoid backlash damage, I imagine that the intent was that backlash does bypass Regeneration, but I can't find any rule that says it does or doesn't.

Venger
2019-07-04, 09:35 PM
Many Epic Spells such as Hellball deal unavoidable backlash damage to the caster, but this begs the question: does Regeneration X/- automatically convert backlash damage into non-lethal damage, as it would all other forms of hitpoint damage, or is backlash automatically bypass Regeneration?

Given that the Epic Spell Development page on the SRD says that there is no way to avoid backlash damage, I imagine that the intent was that backlash does bypass Regeneration, but I can't find any rule that says it does or doesn't.

Yes, regeneration converts it for you because backlash does not say otherwise.

You're not avoiding the damage, you're just taking it and turning it into a different type.