PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Warlock Pact: The Grey Skull

LibraryOgre
2019-07-05, 03:57 PM
The Grey Skull is an ancient place of power, long hidden by is guardian from its enemies. A crumbling castle with the appearance of an ancient skull of grey stone, it is a repository of knowledge and magic long-lost to the world.

The Guardians of the Grey skull are many; there is always one who resides within the Grey Skull itself, whose purpose is to protect the castle itself, and train those who the Grey Skull chooses to act as its hands in the world. Those hands may not always be selected; sometimes, the Guardian of the Grey Skull will be alone for many centuries, served only by their apprentices. When tyrrany and injustice arise, however, the Grey Skull will reach out to the worlds to which is it connected and choose a Champion to fight with the power of Grey Skull, and for the honor of Grey Skull.

Champions of Grey Skull must be Good in alignment.

Warlock Pact: The Grey Skull
Expanded Spell List
1st Jump, Feather Fall
2nd Enlarge/Reduce, Enhanced Ability
3rd Haste, Protection from Energy
4th Stoneskin, Freedom of Movement
5th Circle of Power, Greater Restoration

The Champion of Grey Skull
Those who serve the Grey Skull often do so incognito. Unless they choose to reveal themselves (and many do, to at least a few, trusted, allies), their identity as the Champion of Grey Skull is concealed unless someone directly observes the transformation; if they do not, they are seldom able to penetrate the disguise. However, they may take an action, raise their Arcane Focus and declare their allegiance to Grey Skull, transforming themselves into the Champion of the Grey Skull. The Champion form resembles an idealized, more athletic, form of the warlock themselves. The powers "Power of Grey Skull" and "Honor of Grey Skull" only function when the warlock is in Champion of Grey skull form.
While the Champion of Greyskull, they gain the following benefits, so long as they are not wearing heavy or medium armor.
*They have advantage on Strength Checks and Strength Saving Throws.
*When they make a melee weapon attack, they gain bonus damage equal to their Charisma bonus.
*Their Armor Class equals 10 + their Dexterity Modifier + their Charisma modifier, or that provided by their armor.
*They have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
At 1st level, they may remain Champion of Greyskull for one minute, and may enact the change up to twice per day; if they choose, they may continue the change at the end of each minute by spending a bonus action. At levels 3, 6, 12, and 17, they gain an additional change and/or minute per day. At 20th level, they may remain as the Champion of Grey Skull indefinitely. These reset after a long rest.

Boon Companion
At level 6, the Champion of Grey Skull gains a boon companion; an intelligent beast and mount. The creature is large enough to serve as mount (often Large, though smaller champions might have a Medium companion). The beast may have a CR of no more than 2, but adds the Champion's proficiency bonus to AC, attack rolls, and damage rolls.
The beast is intelligent, with an Intelligence score equal to the Champion's, and the same alignment. While in contact with each other, the Companion and the Champion may share hit points as a bonus action. The Companion, however, is a unique individual; while it may be raised or resurrected like any character, it cannot be replaced. Boon Companions do not require the character to be in Champion of the Grey Skull form to function, though they tend to be more focused when the warlock is in that Form.

The Power of Grey Skull
At 10th level, while the Champion of Grey Skull, the warlock may channel the Power of Grey Skull through their weapons. When they strike with a weapon attack, they deal an additional 1d10 damage, and may apply any invocations that modify Eldritch Blast through their weapons.

The Honor of Grey Skull
The Champion of Grey Skull is a champion of the people. Beginning at 14th level, they radiate an aura out to 10 feet. So long as they remain conscious, they and allies within the aura cannot be frightened and, at the beginning of the Champion's turn, gain temporary hit points equal to the Champion's Charisma modifier. Those temporary hit points only last until the beginning of the Champion's next turn.

New Invocation:
Winged Companion
Prerequisite: Boon Companion Feature

Your Boon companion undergoes a shift, growing large, feathery wings. They gain a fly speed of 90 feet.

TheYell
2019-07-05, 05:48 PM
wait a minute...

Composer99
2019-07-05, 06:59 PM
"I have the pow-ah!"

Awesome subclass.

Might I recommend enhance ability and enlarge/reduce as pact spells? Actually, I think physical buff spells might be suitable for the theme.

I'm not sure increasing the duration of the transformation beyond 1 minute is balanced.

LibraryOgre
2019-07-05, 07:20 PM
"I have the pow-ah!"

Awesome subclass.

Might I recommend enhance ability and enlarge/reduce as pact spells? Actually, I think physical buff spells might be suitable for the theme.

I'm not sure increasing the duration of the transformation beyond 1 minute is balanced.

Partially, it's to let things that happen on screen happen, but it also is set as an option to let longer fights still happen with your particular Champion of Grey Skull... I can have 1 fight that last 15 rounds, and it uses all of my Champion activation for the day (since I use an action to open it, and a bonus action to extend it). In essence, it brings back some of what the Barbarian can already do... they start as a bonus, and can restart as a bonus immediately after it ends. Since the Champion involves a transformation, I made it start as an action, extend as a bonus.

Great Dragon
2019-07-05, 07:28 PM
Oh man!!!
The memories!!
Grognard!!!

how about?
Expanded Spell List
1st Searing Smite (Power)
or Wrathful Smite (Honor)

2nd Enlarge/Reduce (Magic Weapon)
or Enhance Ability (Blur) (H)

3rd Counterspell (P) or Beacon of Hope (H)

4th Sickening Radiance (P) or
Phantasmal Killer (H)

5th Planar Binding (P)
Or Hold Monster (H)

LibraryOgre
2019-07-05, 07:58 PM
I updated it a bit; I now have a spell list for them, and added an invocation to account for Swift Wind.

Yes, making sure you could have Swift Wind was a goal.

BerzerkerUnit
2019-07-05, 09:08 PM
I wholly support this subclass.

JNAProductions
2019-07-05, 09:09 PM
I feel this is a little overpowered.

The companion, also, is problematic. They gain no extra HP, so will die SUPER EASY.

Ventruenox
2019-07-05, 09:20 PM
Couple of suggestions for flavor and balance:

- Have the flight speed of the Boon Companion Invocation either only be active when the Champion of Greyskull is active, or always on with a higher level requirement.

- New Invocation: Sword of Protection Prerequisite: Pact of the Blade
As an action, you may transform your pact weapon's form to either another weapon, a shield, a singular tool, or other piece of equipment that may be found in the player's handbook. The weight of the transformed weapon may not exceed the listed weight for the item in the players handbook, with the maximum being 18 lbs; the value may not exceed 50 gp; and the item may not be consumable.

- New Invocation: By the Sound of Saban
Prerequisite: an Mp3 player and a tolerant DM
During the narrative, non-consecutive scenes may be transitioned from one to the next by playing a singular audio file not to exceed 1.5 seconds in length.

LibraryOgre
2019-07-05, 09:33 PM
Sorcerous Origin: The Guardian of Grey Skull

The Guardian of the Grey Skull is an immensely powerful being... within her domain. A fully realized Guardian sacrifices much of her power in leaving Castle Grey Skull.

1st Level
At 1st level, a Guardian of the Grey Skull chooses a totem animal. This must be a beast of no greater than 1 CR. As an action, the Guardian may assume the form of their totem for up to 1 hour per level, taking an action to change form at will as many times per day as they wish. This ability functions otherwise as Wild Shape, and recharges with a long rest.
Additionally, the Guardian gains the cantrips Guidance, Resistance, and Sending. These cantrips count as Sorcerer cantrips for the Guardian, and do not count against the number of cantrips the Sorcerer knows.

6th Level
At 6th level, Guardians lose the ability to use spell slots above 3rd level outside of Castle Greyskull, save through Sorcery Points. However, they gain great insight into the future. After each long rest within Castle Greyskull, they may roll 2d20 and record the results. Before their next long rest, they may substitute the results of any one roll with the roll of one of these d20s. They may do this twice. The Guardian also gains the following spells as Sorcerer spells, without counting against their limit of spells known: Cure Wounds, Lesser Restoration, Mass Healing Word, Remove Curse, Revivify. They only have these spells while within Castle Greyskull. In addition, they may add their Charisma bonus to the damage of Sorcerer cantrips cast within Castle Greyskull.

14th Level
At 14th level, Guardians lose the ability to regain spell slots by long rests outside of Castle Greyskull. The long rest will still allow for healing and the recovery of Sorcery points, however. While within Castle Greyskull, they cease to age; so long as they remain within the castle, they will never degrade nor perish of advanced age.
However, they gain the ability to cast any ritual spell, of any class, while within the confines of Castle Greyskull; the castle has an extensive library, and while some esoteric rituals may not be contained within, all rituals within the Player's Handbook are included. They also gain access to the following spells as Sorcerer spells, without counting against their limit of spells known, only while within Castle Greyskull: Greater Restoration, Heal, Regenerate, Resurrection.

18th Level
At 18th level, Guardians lose the ability to take long rests outside of Castle Greyskull. They may continue to take, and benefit from, short rests, but any long rest attempted outside of Castle Greyskull is instead counted as a short rest. They may also cast spells while in their Totem form.
While within Castle Greyskull, they may use the Visions of the Past power as a Knowledge cleric (including the use of Wisdom, not Charisma, to determine the length of meditation). This power also allows the Guardian to converse with past Guardians, gaining great insight into events. The Guardian may also use a ritual to summon any Champion of Greyskull with whom they are personally acquainted, and use another ritual to return them to the place from where they were summoned. They also gain access to the following spells as Sorcerer spells, without counting against their limit of spells known, only while within Castle Greyskull: Control Weather, Foresight, Mass Heal, and True Resurrection.

(The Guardian of Greyskull is STUPID powerful... if she is within Castle Greyskull. At level 20, a Guardian of Greyskull outside of the castle can turn into an animal, cast spells with nor more than 3rd level slots, and cannot take a long rest. Combined with the level 20 ability of sorcerers to regain Sorcery Points with a short rest, they can still be potent, but they're pretty limited)

LibraryOgre
2019-07-06, 10:07 AM
I feel this is a little overpowered.

The companion, also, is problematic. They gain no extra HP, so will die SUPER EASY.

What strikes you as overpowered?

JNAProductions
2019-07-06, 10:09 AM
What strikes you as overpowered?

I'm trying to put my finger on it, but it's hard. The total package just feels a little overpowered.

Sorry I can't be more exact, but it's mostly a gut feeling.

The companion, though, has to be addressed. It might have enough HP for low levels, but at higher levels, it's chump change.

Great Dragon
2019-07-06, 10:42 AM
Maybe limit the B/P/S Resistence to non-magical until after 14th level?

For the Companion - maybe treat it more like the revised Beastmaster's?

But, cannot be "recalled" like a Familiar if killed, it must be Resurrected, etc to bring back.

Replacing a permanently lost Companion would most likely be a Major Quest.

RedMage125
2019-07-08, 10:46 AM
Critical Hit to the Nostalgia!

Very entertaining. I recently commented that He-Man would be a warlock. Very nicely done.

LibraryOgre
2019-07-08, 11:02 AM
Critical Hit to the Nostalgia!

Very entertaining. I recently commented that He-Man would be a warlock. Very nicely done.

I believe that is what inspired me to write it.

Segev
2019-07-08, 11:51 AM
The Grey Skull is an ancient place of power, long hidden by is guardian from its enemies. A crumbling castle with the appearance of an ancient skull of grey stone, it is a repository of knowledge and magic long-lost to the world.

The Guardians of the Grey skull are many; there is always one who resides within the Grey Skull itself, whose purpose is to protect the castle itself, and train those who the Grey Skull chooses to act as its hands in the world. Those hands may not always be selected; sometimes, the Guardian of the Grey Skull will be alone for many centuries, served only by their apprentices. When tyrrany and injustice arise, however, the Grey Skull will reach out to the worlds to which is it connected and choose a Champion to fight with the power of Grey Skull, and for the honor of Grey Skull.

Champions of Grey Skull must be Good in alignment.Heeeeee. :smallbiggrin:

I like the overall theme and design. I wonder if it wouldn't be better as a Barbarian subclass, though; Warlock invocations don't seem to "fit" very well. Though you could certainly pick them with a design TO fit, I suppose.

...and I suppose She-Ra actually fits the Warlock paradigm even better, with her myriad powers.

Do you see this as anything other than a Pact of the Blade Warlock? Can a Bladepact Warlock use his Blade as the arcane focus to transform?

At 1st level, they may remain Champion of Greyskull for one minute, and may enact the change up to twice per day; if they choose, they may continue the change at the end of each minute by spending a bonus action. At levels 3, 6, 12, and 17, they gain an additional change and/or minute per day. At 20th level, they may remain as the Champion of Grey Skull indefinitely. These reset after a long rest.

Partially, it's to let things that happen on screen happen, but it also is set as an option to let longer fights still happen with your particular Champion of Grey Skull... I can have 1 fight that last 15 rounds, and it uses all of my Champion activation for the day (since I use an action to open it, and a bonus action to extend it). In essence, it brings back some of what the Barbarian can already do... they start as a bonus, and can restart as a bonus immediately after it ends. Since the Champion involves a transformation, I made it start as an action, extend as a bonus.
The second quote here clarifies a little: this is intended, it seems, to have you transform for up to 1 minute, or up to 2 if you spend both of your uses (and a bonus action at the end of the first minute). Longer and more often at higher level.

But as written, this suggests that it can be continued forever by spending a bonus action each minute. I suggest wording more along these lines: "The transformation into the Champion of Greyskull lasts for up to one minute. At first level, the Warlock may enact this transformation twice, recovering both uses with a long rest. If they would detransform but have additional activations left, they may expend another activation as a bonus action without first detransforming first, effectively extending the duration by another minute. At levels 3, 6, 12, and 17, they gain an additional change per day. At level 20, they may remain transformed indefinitely, and may transform back and forth freely."

Also, you may wish to note that it takes an Intelligence(Investigation) check against the DC of their Warlock spell save to recognize the Warlock as the same person in both forms. Possibly with automatic Disadvantage on the check.

Boon Companion
At level 6, the Champion of Grey Skull gains a boon companion; an intelligent beast and mount. The creature is large enough to serve as mount (often Large, though smaller champions might have a Medium companion). The beast may have a CR of no more than 2, but adds the Champion's proficiency bonus to AC, attack rolls, and damage rolls.
The beast is intelligent, with an Intelligence score equal to the Champion's, and the same alignment. While in contact with each other, the Companion and the Champion may share hit points as a bonus action. The Companion, however, is a unique individual; while it may be raised or resurrected like any character, it cannot be replaced. Boon Companions do not require the character to be in Champion of the Grey Skull form to function, though they tend to be more focused when the warlock is in that Form.I suggest the hp-sharing be something they can do as a bonus action or reaction, so they can do it in response to an attack. While in contact, both should also probably gain Resistance to area damage. If that makes rules sense. (The idea being that they're effectively one blob of hp, and not taking double damage from AoEs.)

The boon companion should also benefit from the same inability to recognize its nature between transformed and untransformed states, even if the transformation is purely cosmetic (as it is without further Invocations).

New Invocation:
Winged Companion

Your Boon companion undergoes a shift, growing large, feathery wings. They gain a fly speed of 90 feet.This should probably only happen while the Warlock is in Champion form, to stay within theme.

(...)

(The Guardian of Greyskull is STUPID powerful... if she is within Castle Greyskull. At level 20, a Guardian of Greyskull outside of the castle can turn into an animal, cast spells with nor more than 3rd level slots, and cannot take a long rest. Combined with the level 20 ability of sorcerers to regain Sorcery Points with a short rest, they can still be potent, but they're pretty limited)

She actually stops being playable after a certain point outside of the Castle. She's not "pretty potent" at level 20; she's about level 10 Warlock level, at best. This isn't out of theme, but it is largely unplayable.

Also, she should have the ability to cast gate as a ritual at some point.

Sadly, her revivify is next to useless: how often will people be dying inside the Castle, such that she's able to get to them within 1 minute? If she could cast it normally, it's 3rd level, so she could do it in totem form outside the Castle in the field, which would be more useful.

She should also be able to use sending largely at will past a certain point. Not just from ritual-casting, but as a standard action. Think how often the Sorceress reaches out suddenly to contact Adam or Man-at-Arms.

Great Dragon
2019-07-08, 04:20 PM
Would allowing the Sorceress to cast Project Image, and still be able to cast all her spells (like Revify, as Segev suggested) through it, be possible?

Not only would this keep in theme with her "appearing" to the two above, she could render aid as truely needed.
While still being somewhat limited.

LibraryOgre
2019-07-09, 01:15 PM
Good Feed back, let's implement some of it.

Champions of Grey Skull must be Good in alignment.

Expanded Spell List
1st Jump, Feather Fall
2nd Enlarge/Reduce, Enhanced Ability
3rd Haste, Protection from Energy
4th Stoneskin, Freedom of Movement
5th Circle of Power, Greater Restoration

The Champion of Grey Skull
Those who serve the Grey Skull often do so incognito. Unless they choose to reveal themselves (and many do, to at least a few, trusted, allies), their identity as the Champion of Grey Skull is concealed unless someone directly observes the transformation; if they do not, they are seldom able to penetrate the disguise (Intelligence (Investigation) against the Warlock's spell DC. This check is made at a disadvantage if there is a Guardian of Greyskull active.) However, they may take an action, raise their Arcane Focus and declare their allegiance to Grey Skull, transforming themselves into the Champion of the Grey Skull. The Champion form resembles an idealized, more athletic, form of the warlock themselves. The powers "Power of Grey Skull" and "Honor of Grey Skull" only function when the warlock is in Champion of Grey skull form.

While the Champion of Greyskull, they gain the following benefits, so long as they are not wearing heavy or medium armor.
*They have advantage on Strength Checks and Strength Saving Throws.
*When they make a melee weapon attack, they gain bonus damage equal to their Charisma bonus.
*Their Armor Class equals 10 + their Dexterity Modifier + their Charisma modifier, or that provided by their armor.
*They have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

At 1st level, they may remain Champion of Greyskull for one minute, and may enact the change up to twice per day; if they choose, they may continue the change at the end of each minute by spending a bonus action and one of their changes per day. At levels 3, 6, 12, and 17, they gain an additional change and/or minute per day. At 20th level, they may remain as the Champion of Grey Skull indefinitely. These reset after a long rest.

Boon Companion
At level 6, the Champion of Grey Skull gains a boon companion; an intelligent beast and mount. The creature is large enough to serve as mount (often Large, though smaller champions might have a Medium companion). The beast may have a CR of no more than 2, but adds the Champion's proficiency bonus to AC, attack rolls, and damage rolls. When in Champion form, the Companion also has bonus HP equal to the Champion's level times two, and all the abilities provided by the Champion of Grey Skull ability.
The beast is intelligent, with an Intelligence score equal to the Champion's, and the same alignment. While within 100' of each other, the Companion and the Champion may share hit points as a reaction. The Companion, however, is a unique individual; while it may be raised or resurrected like any character, it cannot be replaced. Boon Companions do not require the character to be in Champion of the Grey Skull form to function, though they tend to be more focused when the warlock is in that Form.

The Power of Grey Skull
At 10th level, while the Champion of Grey Skull, the warlock may channel the Power of Grey Skull through their weapons. When they strike with a weapon attack, they deal an additional 1d10 damage, and may apply any invocations that modify Eldritch Blast through their weapons.

The Honor of Grey Skull
The Champion of Grey Skull is a champion of the people. Beginning at 14th level, they radiate an aura out to 10 feet. So long as they remain conscious, they and allies within the aura cannot be frightened and, at the beginning of the Champion's turn, gain temporary hit points equal to the Champion's Charisma modifier. Those temporary hit points only last until the beginning of the Champion's next turn.

New Invocation:
Winged Companion

Your Boon companion undergoes a shift when in Champion form, growing large, feathery wings. They gain a fly speed of 90 feet. If the Champion ceases the form while the companion is in the air, the creature will be affected by Feather Fall until they reach the ground.

The Guardian of the Grey Skull is an immensely powerful being... within her domain. A fully realized Guardian sacrifices much of her power in leaving Castle Grey Skull.

1st Level
At 1st level, a Guardian of the Grey Skull chooses a totem animal. This must be a beast of no greater than 1 CR, and may have any form of natural speed (fly, swim, climb, etc.). As an action, the Guardian may assume the form of their totem for up to 1 hour per level, taking an action to change form at will as many times per day as they wish. This ability functions otherwise as Wild Shape.
Additionally, the Guardian gains the cantrips Guidance, Resistance, and Message. These cantrips count as Sorcerer cantrips for the Guardian, and do not count against the number of cantrips the Sorcerer knows. Additionally, they may use these cantrips upon the Champion of Greyskull, without regard for distance, by expending a 1st level spell slot.

6th Level
At 6th level, Guardians lose the ability to use spell slots above 3rd level outside of Castle Greyskull, save through Sorcery Points. However, they gain great insight into the future. After each long rest within Castle Greyskull, they may roll 2d20 and record the results. Before their next long rest, they may substitute the results of any one roll with the roll of one of these d20s. They may do this twice. The Guardian also gains the following spells as Sorcerer spells, without counting against their limit of spells known: Cure Wounds, Lesser Restoration, Mass Healing Word, Remove Curse, Revivify. In addition, they may add their Charisma bonus to the damage of Sorcerer cantrips cast within Castle Greyskull.

14th Level
At 14th level, Guardians lose the ability to regain spell slots by long rests outside of Castle Greyskull. The long rest will still allow for healing and the recovery of Sorcery points, however. While within Castle Greyskull, they cease to age; so long as they remain within the castle, they will never degrade nor perish of advanced age.
However, they gain the ability to cast any ritual spell, of any class, while within the confines of Castle Greyskull; the castle has an extensive library, and while some esoteric rituals may not be contained within, all rituals within the Player's Handbook are included. They also gain access to the following spells as Sorcerer spells, without counting against their limit of spells known, only while within Castle Greyskull: Greater Restoration, Heal, Regenerate, Resurrection.

18th Level
At 18th level, Guardians lose the ability to take long rests outside of Castle Greyskull. They may continue to take, and benefit from, short rests, but any long rest attempted outside of Castle Greyskull is instead counted as a short rest. They may also cast spells while in their Totem form.
While within Castle Greyskull, they may use the Visions of the Past power as a Knowledge cleric (including the use of Wisdom, not Charisma, to determine the length of meditation). This power also allows the Guardian to converse with past Guardians, gaining great insight into events. The Guardian may also use a ritual to summon any Champion of Greyskull with whom they are personally acquainted, and use another ritual to return them to the place from where they were summoned. They also gain access to the following spells as Sorcerer spells, without counting against their limit of spells known, only while within Castle Greyskull: Control Weather, Foresight, Mass Heal, Project Image, and True Resurrection. If they Project their image to the Champion of Greyskull, they may use the Champion as the origin point of any spell by upcasting at least 1 level, in addition to any other upcasting.

Segev
2019-07-09, 02:02 PM
Needs some editing, especially on the first level Warlock, but looking much better overall.

The Sorceress is said to get sending as a Cantrip; sending is a third level spell. It probably SHOULD be a spell she can cast at will by level 6, though!

At some level - probably 6 or 10 - the Sorceress shouldn't be able to leave Castle Greyskull in her non-totem form at all. I don't see anything saying she can't, though, only that she's not able to cast certain spells outside the Castle. Did I miss that in this read-through?

LibraryOgre
2019-07-09, 05:44 PM
Needs some editing, especially on the first level Warlock, but looking much better overall.

The Sorceress is said to get sending as a Cantrip; sending is a third level spell. It probably SHOULD be a spell she can cast at will by level 6, though!

At some level - probably 6 or 10 - the Sorceress shouldn't be able to leave Castle Greyskull in her non-totem form at all. I don't see anything saying she can't, though, only that she's not able to cast certain spells outside the Castle. Did I miss that in this read-through?

Meant to be Message, not Sending.

I didn't restrict her from leaving the castle in non-totem form, just that it gets increasingly harder for her to do things that she should. After all, at times Sorceress appeared outside of Greyskull... just rare, and not for long.

Segev
2019-07-09, 06:17 PM
Meant to be Message, not Sending.Ah, okay.

I didn't restrict her from leaving the castle in non-totem form, just that it gets increasingly harder for her to do things that she should. After all, at times Sorceress appeared outside of Greyskull... just rare, and not for long.Did she? I thought she was always Zoar, the Falcon when she was outside. I'll take your word for it, thought; it's been ages since I've seen the show.

Great Dragon
2019-07-10, 05:23 AM
Ah, okay.

Did she? I thought she was always Zoar, the Falcon when she was outside. I'll take your word for it, thought; it's been ages since I've seen the show.

It's been forever since I've seen the show.
Might need to start watching it again online.

But, I think she mostly became Zoar for Traveling outside Greyskull.
(And thanks for reminding me about the Falcon Form's Name)

She'd become Human at her destination, delivered her message / do something and then change back and fly away - presumably back to Greyskull.

Segev
2019-07-10, 09:35 AM
It's been forever since I've seen the show.
Might need to start watching it again online.

But, I think she mostly became Zoar for Traveling outside Greyskull.
(And thanks for reminding me about the Falcon Form's Name)

She'd become Human at her destination, delivered her message / do something and then change back and fly away - presumably back to Greyskull.

Now that you mention it, I do think I recall a few times she landed as the Sorceress on-site to deliver a message. But I know frequetly she'd be circling overhead and use telepathy to deliver her message. Which is odd, since she also demonstrated she could do that from Castle Greyskull itself.

No need for mechanics to reflect this (the animal-human change is pretty dramatic), but I suspect she went by "Zoar" (Zoh-arr, for those who don't know how it was pronounced...and I may be misspelling it, too) was to give her an incognito identity. That way people don't react as if the falcon is the almighty legendary Sorceress of Castle Greyskull.

But if we're honest, a lot of what happened was to be visually dramatic with as little budget as they could get, because the point was to entertain kids and sell toys more than to be 100% internally logically consistent.

Great Dragon
2019-07-10, 04:56 PM
But if we're honest, a lot of what happened was to be visually dramatic with as little budget as they could get, because the point was to entertain kids and sell toys more than to be 100% internally logically consistent.

Truth.
I think they did try to get some variety so that the Kids watching wouldn't get too bored with repeated projections. I also think that she had the similar 'hidden identity' that is listed here for the Champion.
While Traveling, she was just another Falcon.