PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help for Bard spell selection

Mr. Friendly
2007-10-08, 02:22 PM
Ok, today is the big day when I get to unveil my new character for our ongoing, OA themed campaign. OA is allowed as is pretty much all 3.5 material. I have finished the character, but am a bit stumped for spells. I will give you a quick rundown of the character concept and what I am using him for. With that in mind I give you:

Ma Tian Pin, Imperial Diplomat, Voice of the Heavens
Bard 10, Marshal 1, Exemplar 1
STR 14
DEX 14
CON 14
INT 16
WIS 10
CHA 28

(items included in stats)

His original focus was to be party face supreme, which degenerated a bit from there. He was originally just going to be a Diplomacy monster with a level of Warlock in there, then I realised the DM would just start fiating everything so there was no point. I still want him to excel at Diplomacy, so to that end I have kept the Exemplar level. I also realised that the Exemplar level gave him something no other class in the build gets: Iaijutsu Focus.

Feats: Versatile Performer, Lingering Song, Skill Focus: Diplomacy(b), Melodic Casting, Quick Draw, Power Attack, Snowflake Wardance

Main Skills and Skill Tricks: Diplomacy (effective skill check: +42) Perform +33, Tumble +26, Iaijutsu +33; these are my chosen "Take 10" skills from Exemplar. Skill Tricks are Hidden Weapon and Acrobatic Backstab so I can get more shots at Iaijutsu.

Equipment of note is the Cloak of Charisma +6 and Slippers of Battledancing. That ate most of my money right there.

Secret Weapon and Sonic Weapon seem like good choices, but I have a bunch of spells to pick....

Thanks for any help.