PDA

View Full Version : Stats for prosthetics?

Waldmarschallin
2019-07-05, 09:10 PM
Hey all, I'm running a Call of Cthulhu d20 edition campaign currently set 1944 USSR, and the team's mechanic got her leg blown off by machine gun fire last session. She's getting a prosthetic, and I wanted to workshop some options and see if anyone had any ideas?

Wooden leg- historically accurate to be sure, i'm thinking would cut her land speed in half, might give her some slight AC improvement, but wouldn't be a benefit really.

Wheelchairs- one character has already used a dieselpunk wheelchair with a 50 foot movement speed, but limited range and obviously weighing way too much.

Eldritch prosthetic, probably a tentacle. I would rule a permanent drain of 25% sanity because tentacle is part brain, and a speed reduction BUT a bonus to grappling, climbing, balancing and can hold things in it

What are your thoughts?

DrMotives
2019-07-05, 09:24 PM
Dragon #318 has some pirate grafts, which work the same as grafts presented elsewhere. Various enchanted peglegs are there, as well as a "leg of squid" which actually works very much like you mentioned. Half movement speed, but adds a +4 to grapple checks, free Improved Grapple feat, +10 to swim checks. There's also eye & hook-hand prosthetics.

Waldmarschallin
2019-07-05, 09:36 PM
Dragon #318 has some pirate grafts, which work the same as grafts presented elsewhere. Various enchanted peglegs are there, as well as a "leg of squid" which actually works very much like you mentioned. Half movement speed, but adds a +4 to grapple checks, free Improved Grapple feat, +10 to swim checks. There's also eye & hook-hand prosthetics.

OMG i love it

Malphegor
2019-07-06, 11:14 AM
From memory one of the ilithid grafts from Graft Flesh in... Lords of Madness, I think? Has a tentacle.