PDA

View Full Version : best spells for wyrm wizard 5-9

Venger
2019-07-06, 11:44 PM
Assume wyrm wizard delays entry to get a 9th, so is entitled to a 5,6,7,8, and 9 from any list. Assume wizard entry, so I don't need anything from the wizard list.

what looks good to me so far:
5ths
big sky
bind to hell
phantom stag
revivify

6ths

heroes' feast
planar ally

7ths
animal shapes
death dragon
decipitating scarf
giant size
word of balance

8ths
cloud chariot
deadfall
earthquake
flashflood
glacier
greater planar ally
shambler
greater spell immunity
word of recall
true creation

9ths
anathema
eternity of torture
phantom bear
true res

Eldariel
2019-07-07, 12:33 AM
Generally you're taking it to do something specific. Depends on the rest of your build. Erupt [Serpent Kingdoms] is pretty great for an Arcane Archer but not that great for anything else, for instance. That said, Miracle is an obvious pick. (Greater) Consumptive Field as well.

Venger
2019-07-07, 01:01 AM
Generally you're taking it to do something specific. Depends on the rest of your build. Erupt [Serpent Kingdoms] is pretty great for an Arcane Archer but not that great for anything else, for instance. That said, Miracle is an obvious pick. (Greater) Consumptive Field as well.
True enough. I was interested primarily in generally good picks, filling holes on the wizard list (quite a feat). Thanks

ZamielVanWeber
2019-07-07, 01:11 AM
Heal is a fantastic 6th level spell just for the army of debuffs it purges. The fact it is healing effective in combat is a huge bonus. 9ths include Miracle (as Eldariel mentioned) as it will give access to most cleric spells; Arboreal Transformation is a nasty debuff on a passed saved.

TalonOfAnathrax
2019-07-07, 02:25 AM
Heal is a fantastic 6th level spell just for the army of debuffs it purges. The fact it is healing effective in combat is a huge bonus. 9ths include Miracle (as Eldariel mentioned) as it will give access to most cleric spells; Arboreal Transformation is a nasty debuff on a passed saved.
If you're taking Wyrm Wizard, you may as well take Heal as a 5th level spell (or less if you're willing to use PrC spell lists).
IMO one of the main uses for Wyrm Wizard si getting great spells out of low-level spell slots. I usually just go through Chameleon or Archivist handbooks to find the best picks.