PDA

View Full Version : 5e bard archetype homebrew: College of Might - feedback wanted

Remixcrash
2019-07-08, 05:10 PM
Hey guys, I just finished this new bard archetype but I want to make sure it’s balanced. I decided to make this archetype in hopes to make a better martial bard because the College of Valor and the College of Swords didn’t feel like they suited me but I liked the theme of the bard.

Any feedback to improve and balance the archetype would be highly appreciated, thank you.

College of Might

Bards of the College of Might are formidable foes in combat whose martial prowess drives them to victory. On the battlefield, these Bards can turn the chaos of war into a fluent and harmonious act that impresses even the mightiest of warriors.
Bards of this college view combat as a symphony that they can manipulate and improve upon. Every sword that clangs against another, every battle cry shouted, and every arrow whistling through the air is like music to these Bards ears.
Many would say that a bard warrior is not a bard at all, but members from the College of Might would say otherwise. To these bards, the battlefield is just the same as a theatre is to a performer. Often you’ll see bards from the College of Might, bellowing war cries and singing warrior’s songs during battle. That’s because these bards believe that the voice can be more powerful than any instrument and focus much of their time strengthening their voices to perfection.

Bonus Proficiencies: When you join the College of Might at 3rd level, you gain proficiency with heavy armor. Additionally, you learn the Booming Blade and Green-Flame Blade cantrips if you didn’t know them already.

Warrior’s Focus: At 3rd level, you’ve practiced mixing your magic and martial prowess into one. You can use any weapon your proficient with as an arcane focus.

Arcane Warrior: Also at 3rd level, you learn how to use your magic effectively in combat to toughen yourself and your allies. As a bonus action, you can expend one bardic inspiration die to grant yourself or a creature within 60 feet a +1 AC for 1 minute. Once a creature other than you has been granted this bonus they can’t benefit from it again until they take a long rest. If a creature is wearing magical armor, this ability has no effect on them.
The bonus to AC increases to +2 once you reach 14th level in this class.

Iron Fortitude: Starting at 6th level, your will to push on through battle is so strong that you can shrug off even the most grievous injuries. On your turn, you can use an action to regain hit points equal to twice your bard level.
Once you use this feature, you must finish a long rest before you can use it again.

Formidable Recovery: At 14th level, your ability to soothe your allies between combat strengthens. When you use your Song of Rest feature, you or a friendly creature can double the number rolled on the extra die.

JNAProductions
2019-07-08, 09:44 PM
You might want to post the subclass itself here, instead of just linking to it.

Have a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?521278-Preset-Class-Tables-for-5e-Homebrew) that includes some resources for making it look nice.