PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Dreamscarred Press] Changing readied maneuvers more quickly

heavyfuel
2019-07-09, 08:19 AM
In 3.5 there was the Adaptive Style feat. Path of War doesn't seem to have anything similar to it.

Is there any way (preferably a feat) that allows for faster changing of readied maneuvers?

Kris Moonhand
2019-07-09, 10:29 AM
Judging by how PoW changed the time from 5 minutes to 10 minutes to swap readied maneuvers, I'm going to guess that leaving Adaptive Style in 3.5 was on purpose.

HOWEVER! If you play a Rajah (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Rajah), that class can swap a single maneuver whenever they use their recovery.

In addition, when the rajah uses this ability, she may reallocate her essence, and may swap any single readied maneuver with another maneuver that she knows. A maneuver swapped this way is readied and unexpended.Rajah is a more support-based class, not quite as good of a healer as Medic, but better at buffs, so keep that in mind when considering playing one.

I think there's an archetype for another class (maybe one of the 6th level initiators) that does something similar, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Elricaltovilla
2019-07-09, 10:39 AM
I think there's an archetype for another class (maybe one of the 6th level initiators) that does something similar, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

The Aegis can do it by swapping around customization points, sort of.

The Polymath class template for Alchemist/investigator can swap maneuvers around with its full-round recovery.

heavyfuel
2019-07-09, 11:53 AM
HOWEVER! If you play a Rajah (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Rajah), that class can swap a single maneuver whenever they use their recovery.

Does a dip in Rajah allow you to swap maneuvers from a different class this way? I'm looking for a straight RAW answer here.

I kind of wish I knew of this class before I started this character lol

Manyasone
2019-07-09, 12:01 PM
Does a dip in Rajah allow you to swap maneuvers from a different class this way? I'm looking for a straight RAW answer here.

I kind of wish I knew of this class before I started this character lol

Maneuver recovery mechanics are class bound.

heavyfuel
2019-07-09, 12:17 PM
Maneuver recovery mechanics are class bound.

Is it? I don't doubt you, but if I couldn't find the rules for it.

Also, even if it does work like that, I don't think it matters, since the Royal Mandate ability isn't ONLY the recovery mechanic. While true that the Rajah can recover a maneuver using Royal Mandate, the ability also allows a second effect, to swap a single Readied maneuver. Swapping a readied a maneuver isn't the same as recovering it.

The recovery mechanic allows you to make a Readied maneuver available for use after it's been expended, as per the quote below:

At the beginning of each encounter, you have all of your readied maneuvers available and unexpended. When you initiate a maneuver, it is expended; it cannot be used again until it is recovered. Expended maneuvers can be recovered in two ways: through special actions or at the end of an encounter.

Readying a maneuver is a completely different process

Manyasone
2019-07-09, 12:22 PM
Is it? I don't doubt you, but if I couldn't find the rules for it.

Also, even if it does work like that, I don't think it matters, since the Royal Mandate ability isn't ONLY the recovery mechanic. While true that the Rajah can recover a maneuver using Royal Mandate, the ability also allows a second effect, to swap a single Readied maneuver. Swapping a readied a maneuver isn't the same as recovering it.

The recovery mechanic allows you to make a Readied maneuver available for use after it's been expended, as per the quote below:

Readying a maneuver is a completely different process

Be that as it may, the maneuvers you swap are bound to your intitiator class. A warlord, for instance, can use his risk/reward mechanic to only recover warlord maneuvers. Unless this has been errata'd a few years back, off course.

exelsisxax
2019-07-10, 07:42 AM
There are no feats that do this. As mentioned above, the rajah class and polymath template can switch readied maneuvers and recover unreadied maneuvers respectively. Otherwise, this cannot be done in combat.

phlidwsn
2019-07-11, 11:32 AM
Also, the Mystic can swap one a few times a day(after 6th level) via Instant Enlightenment (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/mystic?/#TOC-Instant-Enlightenment-Ex-)