PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Dreamscarred Press] Decree of Purity and Ongoing Effects.

Val666
2019-07-09, 11:25 AM
Hey there folks! I've been playing a homebrew campaign for some time now and we've come to the point of asking ourselves the limits of the Radiant Dawn 5th maneuver "Decree of Purity". It allows an ally within range a saving throw against an ongoing effect on them that offers a saving throw to negate, at the effect’s original DC. If they succeed, the effect ends. Now my question is, which effects do you guys think should and shouldn't be removable with this maneuver? This is a pretty chill campaign and rules-lawyering is not my intention, so nothing like "death is a condition. Is it ongoing?" that would start a debate. Just opinions and why it should be able to or not remove some conditions.

Thanks in advance for your time, Ed.

Castilonium
2019-07-09, 01:16 PM
It cures "an ongoing effect on them that offers multiple saving throws over time to negate, or has its duration measured in rounds". That makes it very clear what it can and can't cure. Death isn't measured in rounds, so there's no debate.

Val666
2019-07-10, 09:30 AM
Ah! Thanks for the answer. Dumb me forgot to read it from the actual Rajah document and was looking on a 3rd party site.