PDA

View Full Version : Monster Advancer site down?

Jon_Dahl
2019-07-10, 12:31 PM
Oh no, this just breaks my heart! I wanted to create 6HD ape skeletons and I can't access the site (http://www.monsteradvancer.com/). Does anyone know the owner of that fabulous and wonderful site? My dming will get more complicated without it.

Palanan
2019-07-11, 12:22 PM
Looks like it's been down for 24 hours at least, which seems ominous.

MisterKaws
2019-07-11, 01:57 PM
Did it include detailed stats for monsters? If so, prolly took the hammer. You can always advance them manually by looking at the Monster Manual.

the_david
2019-07-11, 02:15 PM
That's a terrible idea! Well, it's not that bad. It's just that a dire ape would be a slightly more optimal choice. Their strength is 1 point higher, and their bite uses a d8 instead of a d6. As a skeleton it would lose Rend.
I'm also wondering why you're going for 6 hd if you can go for 7 with the same CR.

Statwise, a 6 hd ape skeleton wouldn't be that different from a troll skeleton and it's still the same CR, so if you're really lazy you could just use that.

Thurbane
2019-07-11, 07:22 PM
Did it include detailed stats for monsters? If so, prolly took the hammer. You can always advance them manually by looking at the Monster Manual.

I haven't used it for a while, but from memory it was only SRD stuff.

Palanan
2019-07-13, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by MisterKaws
You can always advance them manually by looking at the Monster Manual.

I think the point of the site was to save the labor involved in advancing them manually.

MisterKaws
2019-07-13, 09:21 AM
I think the point of the site was to save the labor involved in advancing them manually.

I know. I'm just salty I didn't know of it before I did a bunch of advanced creatures.

HouseRules
2019-07-13, 09:31 AM

Probably they had non-SRD material in it.
Only by removing non-SRD material would prevent the ban hammer.
But once you get the ban hammer, there's no going back.

Alternatively:
They could not maintain the upkeep.
Keeping a site up cost money.

Bohandas
2019-07-13, 11:49 AM
Looking at the error message it sounds like their server crashed, or, given how long it's been, outright broke

StevenC21
2019-07-13, 12:51 PM
RIP Monsteradvancer.

Too bad it wasn't an open source project.