PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Pig Wild Shapes

tigerusthegreat
2019-07-10, 03:40 PM
I have a player who really loves pigs. Like she has two pet house pigs. And she's playing a druid, so I want to prepare as many pig shapes as possible for her to turn in to.

So far, I only see two "official" ones, Boar (CR 1/4) and Giant Boar (CR 2). Are there any more that I missed? Any good reskins that you can think of?

Ninja_Prawn
2019-07-10, 04:09 PM
It's not official, but I made an armoured war pig a while back...

https://66.media.tumblr.com/6b4ce7cce027ceb81c3706bbac44ffde/tumblr_oy6amkGezV1w946k6o1_500.png

No brains
2019-07-10, 04:34 PM
Some palentologists interpret dimetrodon as having a more mammalian than reptilian appearance. I suppose in some ways you could call it a proto-pig...

Also consider that in a game of imagination, the appearance of the creature matters less than how it plays. Maybe a Giant Elk could be a Mega Pig? A Rhino could be a Jousting Pig. A rat could be a Guinea Pig. An eagle could be When Pigs Fly.

Xihirli
2019-07-10, 05:05 PM
How high up the CR are you looking? Like is she a moon druid or a different kind?

Pulling on Greek Mythology I figured you could make a few pretty tough pig monsters all the way up to CR 5.

They're not formatted but should be readable

Great Boar
Huge beast, unaligned
Armor Class*12 (natural armor)
Hit Points*76 (8d12+24)
Speed*30 ft.

STR
19 (+4)
DEX
11 (0)
CON
16 (+3)
INT
2 (-4)
WIS
12 (+1)
CHA
5 (-3)

Challenge*3 (700 XP)
Actions
Gore.*Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 18 (4d6 + 4) piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.

Erymanthian Boar
Huge beast, unaligned
Armor Class*12 (natural armor)
Hit Points*76 (8d12+24)
Speed*40 ft.

STR
22 (+6)
DEX
9 (-1)
CON
17 (+3)
INT
3 (-4)
WIS
11 (0)
CHA
6 (-2)

Challenge*4 (1,100 XP)
Trampling Charge.*If the erymanthian boar moves at least 20 ft. straight toward a creature and then hits it with a gore attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 12 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the erymanthian boar can make one stomp attack against it as a bonus action.
Actions
Gore.*Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 19 (3d8 + 6) piercing damage.
Stomp.*Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one prone creature. Hit: 22 (3d10 + 6) bludgeoning damage.

Crommyonian Sow
Huge beast, unaligned
Armor Class*13 (natural armor)
Hit Points*95 (10d12+30)
Speed*50 ft.

STR
22 (+6)
DEX
9 (-1)
CON
17 (+3)
INT
2 (-4)
WIS
11 (0)
CHA
5 (-3)

Challenge*5 (1,800 XP)
Trampling Charge.*If the Crommyonian Sow
moves at least 20 ft. straight toward a creature and then hits it with a gore attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the Crommyonian Sow can make one stomp attack against it as a bonus action.
Actions
Gore.*Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 24 (4d8 + 6) piercing damage.
Stomp.*Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one prone creature. Hit: 22 (3d10 + 6) bludgeoning damage

Aprender
2019-07-10, 05:18 PM
The rhino above is a great idea, but I'd call it a piggi-corn.

Pefgis
2019-07-10, 05:19 PM
Hyenas could be easily reskinned as pigs or peccaries,as could most wolf and dog life animals. I myself re-skinned some worgs as enteledon like animals, the so called prehistoric dire or heck pig,I made them beasts instead of monsters to help our party's nature cleric so he could turn them,but the theory holds for druid wildshape. Even gnolls could be spun as pig men monsters pretty easily, though that doesn't help the druid much. Having a Ganon like final boss pig man monster could be fun though.

tigerusthegreat
2019-07-10, 05:26 PM
Circle of the moon (currently lvl 1 literally so I have some time). I do like most of the reskinning ideas :)

Moltenbrisingr
2019-07-10, 05:31 PM
I have a druid (awakened cat) that only turns into progressively more dangerous cats. I would recommend simply re skinning some beasts and adding the boar tusks and charge plus maybe some special abilities. this has been great for my character and will allow her to be a level 20 doom pig that will cause maximum happiness. Bonus if you have them fight these pigs or see them so she has a reference. Cheers! (OINK)

TripleD
2019-07-10, 06:58 PM
How about an Entelodont? They’re also known as “hell pigs” and were giant pig-like animals that roamed the earth about 20 million years ago. Imagine a creature as large and strong as a wild bull, but with jaws like a hippo.

Recently palaeontology has sadly shown that they aren’t actually related to modern pigs (closer to whales), but come on, their name is “Hell Pig”. How cool is that?