PDA

View Full Version : PTU: SHakedown in the new frontier

Beige
2019-07-10, 04:17 PM
It... wasn't the sort of place you'd think of when you where told 'Triad recruitment centre'; A small building, unnassuming from the outside, lost in the tangle of warehouses and traintracks that marked the edge of the 2nd octant. A sign above the door read 'Smith and Smith Money lenders', swaying gently in the stiff evening breeze, and all around you, the gentle hum of streetlights and dustox lamps flaring too life and the growing hustle and bustle of the streets marked the transition from day until night

Heading through the double glass doors stamped with a fading picture of two zubats and a dollar sign lead too a waiting room, a bored looking young woman filing her nails at a wide wooden desk, and visible through a door behind her, rows of clerks at their own stations, seemingly hard at work. A second door, marked employees only, stood closed too one side, the muffled sound of music coming through. You could almost assume you got the wrong place, or this recruitment had all be someones idea of a prank, until the receptionist looked you up and down with a sigh, then a smirk

“Guessing your here for the after hours business then?” She asked in a bemused drawl, a slight hint of the Roughs too her voice “you don't look the type too be after a loan, and forgive me for saying, I don't think you got much to offer us”

She waved you off, not letting you get a word in edgewise and clearly done with the convorsation in her opinion as she went back too her nails.

Heading through the employees only door took you too a flight of stiars, down into the shops basement, and this was more what you'd expect. The stairs opened up too a meeting room, the total floorspace probably larger than the upstairs front. a number of small circular tables where spread around the place, a raised stage at one end and a closed bar at the other – bottles of moonshine, contrabanned and legal alcholol glistening in the dim lights behind a closed glass cabinet. The smell of old smoke coiled in the rafters and a faded player piano tinkled away too itself in the corner. A few more doors lead out of the hidden saloon, presumably into private rooms or stores.

The receptionist said Mr Smith would be down soon, so may as well pull up a chair and wait

Arayl
2019-07-10, 09:50 PM
Garrick removes his hat as he enters the building and when the receptionist notices him and tells him to take a seat and wait for Mr Smith he does so.

Menarker
2019-07-11, 02:36 AM
Heading through the double glass doors stamped with a fading picture of two zubats and a dollar sign lead too a waiting room, a bored looking young woman filing her nails at a wide wooden desk, and visible through a door behind her, rows of clerks at their own stations, seemingly hard at work. A second door, marked employees only, stood closed too one side, the muffled sound of music coming through. You could almost assume you got the wrong place, or this recruitment had all be someones idea of a prank, until the receptionist looked you up and down with a sigh, then a smirk

“Guessing your here for the after hours business then?” She asked in a bemused drawl, a slight hint of the Roughs too her voice “you don't look the type too be after a loan, and forgive me for saying, I don't think you got much to offer us”

She waved you off, not letting you get a word in edgewise and clearly done with the convorsation in her opinion as she went back too her nails.

"But I, but..." Jules sighed as he tried to do his regular sweet-talking for a second or two before he heaved a sigh and admitted a small level of defeat. "Yes, madam. Have a wonderful evening." At least she was letting him in, the huckster acknowledged as he descended the stairway to the basement, which was a little tight as he carried his wares with him in a pack.

The stairs opened up too a meeting room, the total floorspace probably larger than the upstairs front. a number of small circular tables where spread around the place, a raised stage at one end and a closed bar at the other – bottles of moonshine, contrabanned and legal alcholol glistening in the dim lights behind a closed glass cabinet. The smell of old smoke coiled in the rafters and a faded player piano tinkled away too itself in the corner. A few more doors lead out of the hidden saloon, presumably into private rooms or stores.

The receptionist said Mr Smith would be down soon, so may as well pull up a chair and wait

Jules nodded with a winning smile and a small tip of the hat to the miss as well as a nod toward the other gentleman who appeared to have arrived first. He kept his own hat on, practically a signature part of his identity. He then sat across from the unknown fellow as he reached into his belongings and pulled out a deck of cards. "What do you say to a friendly game of poker while we're waiting?" Jules broke the ice as he offered his gloved hand in greeting. "Name's Jules Ryszard Kass, retailer of fine medical goods!"

Esprit15
2019-07-11, 10:12 AM
A... bank? It made some level of sense - people come and go frequently enough with different business that some people disappearing inside for a while would not draw too much attention. As she's about to open her mouth, the receptionist speaks up. Screw you. Not forgiven. Laura glares daggers at the woman, but bites her tongue as she is shown in. Not worth making a bad impression right now. Maybe when she has a little more leeway, she could ask for an apology. Adjusting the strap on her rifle, she just gives a quick huff and steps inside.

"I wouldn't. 'Fine medical goods' just means 'what I can hock today and won't be found fraud till tomorrow.' Folks like that ain't the type to play cards with," the girl says as she takes a seat.

Deadguy
2019-07-11, 01:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/mgKbSYF.jpg?1
Adalene Grayson
Social Chameleon

http://i.imgur.com/IJpal.png

The blonde entered the establishment without any sort of dramatic flare. Her clothing was of a nondescript ruggedness, yet clean and well tailored. She stood before the desk until the bored young woman acknowledged her. Quick to recognize that she had little to do with the true Triad, Adalene refrained from attempting conversation. The woman didn't appear to be in the mood, regardless.

She walked down the steps slowly and steadily. A hand rested on one of the pokeballs clipped to her belt. Both the Triad and law enforcement had been known for laying ambushes. This seemed like a prime situation to either rob easy targets, or lock them up before they could become a real threat.

Entering the saloon, she relaxed just slightly. Other were here. A good sign that this wasn't a trap. She noted the presence of weapons. It was to be expected, though she felt like she would never need to resort to physical violence herself.

CateranEnforcer
2019-07-11, 03:57 PM
Derek was surprised how open the receptionist was with him about his purpose here. The Triad really were fearless, weren't they? He didn't appreciate her attitude, but she wasn't worth a retort. After a curt nod he followed her directions downstairs, rolling his eyes after he walked past.

He couldn't help but look over the group of people in the hidden bar for valuables. It was a habit he'd gotten himself into while living hand to mouth. Derek's dark clothes and long black hair blended well with the dim lighting.

"Card games are about trust. You work enough with someone, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I might give it a try, but first I want to see if I can get in here." Derek walks up to the bar and tries to get at the alcohol stores.

Esprit15
2019-07-11, 05:55 PM
Laura laughs. ”You play funny card games. Poker is about deception, reading deception, and luck - not trust.” She watches with rapt curiosity and interest as the man moves for the alcohol. Surely they wouldn’t leave that unlocked.

CateranEnforcer
2019-07-11, 07:13 PM
Derek doesn't look up from his pilfering and replies as if he is used to that response.

"Well sure, many card games are about bluffing but you gotta trust the other guy to play honestly, you know? I'll sit down at a table with liars, thieves, murderers...but won't sit down with a cheater. I know some guys that cards were the only thing they were honest about."

Esprit15
2019-07-11, 07:41 PM
Derek doesn't look up from his pilfering and replies as if he is used to that response.

"Well sure, many card games are about bluffing but you gotta trust the other guy to play honestly, you know? I'll sit down at a table with liars, thieves, murderers...but won't sit down with a cheater. I know some guys that cards were the only thing they were honest about."

"Ah... honor among thieves, of sorts. Or at least agreeing to play by the same rules," Laura says, realizing the distinction being drawn. "I guess I never saw reason for that outside of my own circle of friends. But if this all goes well, we should be in the same circle, yes? ...why not, if we're gonna wait, might as well not be bored. Deal me in."

Arayl
2019-07-11, 08:22 PM
When the others appear in the room Garrick glances up at them and then says, "Sure why not, might as well do something while we wait for whoever we're meeting here to arrive. Poker with strangers is all about who can hide whether they're bluffing or not, but with friends, it's more about the fun you have at each other's expense"

Menarker
2019-07-12, 02:59 AM
"I wouldn't. 'Fine medical goods' just means 'what I can hock today and won't be found fraud till tomorrow.' Folks like that ain't the type to play cards with," the girl says as she takes a seat.

The 'gentleman' almost gaped at the unprovoked defamation upon his good person, having withdrawn his offered handshake in shock and was silently fuming trying to restrain himself before he'd cause a scene unsightly for his potential employer who was liable to show up at any time without notice.

Derek couldn't help but look over the group of people in the hidden bar for valuables. It was a habit he'd gotten himself into while living hand to mouth. Derek's dark clothes and long black hair blended well with the dim lighting.

"Card games are about trust. You work enough with someone, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I might give it a try, but first I want to see if I can get in here." Derek walks up to the bar and tries to get at the alcohol stores.

"Trust, hmmm? A fine sentiment cheapened from being advocated by one acting like a common thief." He mused to himself with wry amusement, although he still felt like more favorable company in comparison to the inflammatory waif.

"Ah... honor among thieves, of sorts. Or at least agreeing to play by the same rules," Laura says, realizing the distinction being drawn. "I guess I never saw reason for that outside of my own circle of friends. But if this all goes well, we should be in the same circle, yes? ...why not, if we're gonna wait, might as well not be bored. Deal me in."

When the others appear in the room Garrick glances up at them and then says, "Sure why not, might as well do something while we wait for whoever we're meeting here to arrive. Poker with strangers is all about who can hide whether they're bluffing or not, but with friends, it's more about the fun you have at each other's expense"

Unexpectedly, the atmosphere has suddenly become more relaxed! Even that spiteful wench was having a modicum of a change of heart. Jules Ryszard Kass was never one to turn down providence when it reared its lovely head unannounced!
"Exquisite. It occurs to me that we'll be needing some wagering chips for the game. As a small token of faith, I'll provide the 50 in small coins for each player. I'll be needing them all back afterwards, so let's just enjoy some stress-free games." Jules announced as he shuffled the deck with broad sweeping motions, the exaggerated flourish of his limbs inseparably ingrained into his being as he distributed the cards between himself and everyone else who had and will immediately declare entry. Then his eyes became more alert and almost foreboding as he tallied identical piles of coins totaling 50 among himself and each player, voicelessly signalling that he was on guard for attempted theft of even these meager funds.

kjelfalconer
2019-07-12, 08:34 AM
He'd been told to ask for Mr Smith, so he was probably in the right place... though he'd be lying if he said he felt comfortable there. Hell, he still wasn't sure about the whole city thing, never mind whatever he was doing here with all these people who looked like they knew what they were doing.

Not that he had any better plans.

"...I'm good." He didn't particularly fancy telling a room full of strangers that he had no idea how to play. Especially ones he needed to take him seriously.

Deadguy
2019-07-12, 12:43 PM
Adalene Grayson
Social Chameleon

"No thank you. I'm good." A charming smile formed in place of her otherwise dour expression. "I'd love to watch though, if that's ok?"

Adalene moved forward and took up a seat outside the table but close enough to see the action without looking over any of the players' shoulders. It would be the perfect opportunity to assess those that she might be teaming with or competing against during whatever initiation the Triad had planned.

Beige
2019-07-13, 08:47 PM
Derek found the stores closes with just a latch. it would be a simple enough task to jimmy it open if you wanted while you wait, but as the shelves are neatly stacked and ordered, it'd be fairly obvious if anything was missing

after enough time had passed for a few games of cards and for people to grow impatient or restless cooped up down there with the repeating jingle of the player-piano, the door atop the stairs slammed open, knocked in with enough force too rattle the hinges, and in stormed a man in a flash white suit.

Tall and lean, with slicked back black hair, the man - presumably the aforementioned Mr Smith - pulled off his tie as he stomped down the stairs, chucking it too the side as he headed for the bar, muttering under his breath. After fixing himself a whiskey and downing it all in one smooth motion, he turned to the room.

“You folks the new recruits? nice to meet ya, the names Smith, but you can call me Wes. Pardon my manners for keeping ya waiting but you know how it is; Never a moment's rest an I swear dealing with some of these idiot's is like trying to herd Purloins... you lot can't be any worse, right?” he asked with a sharp laugh, leaning against the bar “Can I get you folks anything, or ya ready to get down to buisness?”

“I take it you're fine getting your hands dirty?”

About five or six minutes before Smith's entrance, you heared muffled footsteps on the stairs, something pressed up against the door. a simmiar sound came from the far wall, though theres no obvious door there

Esprit15
2019-07-14, 10:30 AM
Laura doesn’t say anything but simply gestures as if to say ‘Go for it.’ Keeping them all waiting for that long, and then hopping right to a drink? Was this really the standard being presented to them?

Deadguy
2019-07-14, 10:57 AM
Adalene Grayson
Social Chameleon

"I'll take one of those." Adalene motioned toward his own glass and gave a smile as she stood to move in his direction. Upon receiving her drink, she took a sip. Her eyes squinted and lips pursed. She gave a deep exhale as if just receiving a blow to her stomach.

"Woo..." She gave a deep exhale as if just receiving a blow to her stomach. "Wouldn't be here otherwise..." Her smile returned as she took a measured second sip, without the harsh reaction of the first.

Arayl
2019-07-14, 03:42 PM
"Plenty fine sir no need to get me anything, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't prepared to get my hands dirty and I hope the same goes for the rest that are here" Garrick says when Mr Smith offered to get the group something.

Menarker
2019-07-14, 04:32 PM
Perception Roll passed: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24031132&postcount=23
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll gladly accept your generous offer, Wes." Jules tipped his hat to Wes as he took the glass of whatever was offered to him and also a spoon from the bar.
As Jules Kass sat down, he slowly pulled out the apricorn ball and released his small Gligar onto the table. The merchant then dipped the spoon into his liquor and held it aloft above the table, letting the Gligar kittenishly lick the dripping metal rod.

"My hands are already dirty. Metaphorically speaking." As he held up a single gloved hand that was pristine white. "I do pride myself in being able to look clean in spite of what I do on the side when no one is looking. Part of being a semi-public figure. But if I'm working in your employ, I'll conduct myself in whatever manner that is necessary for you, personal tastes be damned."

CateranEnforcer
2019-07-14, 06:08 PM
Derek leaves the bottles alone for now, but makes a note of their lack of security, just in case. Not worth it to make a bad impression just now.

He accepts the offer of a drink, though and simply nods at the question. He takes a sip of his drink, leans back on the wall, and waits for further instruction. No need to say what others already have.

kjelfalconer
2019-07-15, 09:27 AM
He wasn't sure if any of the others had noticed, but he sure as hell had. He was used to being watched, after all, especially when it looked like he wasn't. No matter how much power you thought you had over someone, you didn't let them run wild. That's how you ended up with him.

He just nodded at the man's question - better to watch and learn for now than say the wrong thing. The strong silent thing'd probably be a decent enough cover until he knew for sure how best to fit in here.

Beige
2019-07-16, 06:38 PM
"So, lets get down to buisness then, shall we. Welcome too the Triad, we're the 'scary' criminal underworld good little boys and girls stay away from, but since your here, that means you aint running on the right side of the tracks and you want in". Wes starts theatrically as he lays out shot glasses on the table, putting a glass bottle of whiskey down next then pouring out a shot for everyone at the table - pushing one to garrick with a wink despite his previous refusal - before taking a seat himself. "and we want you, because business is booming and we're always expanding."

"But... we can't just let any riff-raff from the streets cary our name, ya know; we have a reputation too uphold, so we got a little try-out before you can join in, and lucky for you, a job just came down the line too prove yourselves; An arms shipment, plus a... personal keepsake of on of the Crowns went missing when the train it was on got waylaid by a buncha them giratina-worshiping loons. We tracked it down, and now we need someone to go in and pick it back up for us" Wes spreads his arms wide around the room, making it clear by someone, he means you

"Now, what we need is faces people don't recognize, because the place it was misplaced, well, let's say it isn't the most friendly for folks in our little orginization..." Wes said, then quickly ammended "Don't worry, I don't mean I'm sending ya into the midst of the Constables or a cult of ghost-loving creeps or anything like that; there's this town south of these parts called Amasvile or something like that, worthless little hovel on the border of the roughs, and you know what it's like in those places, barely more civilized than a pack of wild mankey. and one of those packs doesn't seem to get how this all goes down and reckons they're our rivals, if ya can believe it. call themselves the Shadowhand or something blown up like that, and think just because they scare a buncha farmers they're playing in our league, but due too a Murkrows luck, they got their hands on the shipment..." Wes spits at the mention of the Shadowhand, leaning back on his chair, and a dark look passes over his face as he talks about them; it looks like he takes this personally

"Course, we can't let this disrespect stand, so that's where you fine upstanding folks come in. we got a job we need doing, and we needed a few new folks in the orginization, so my sadistic bitch of a boss came up with this idea too kill two spearow with one stone, so here's the deal; you go in there, grab the goods, and bring them back here, and you're in - your official members of the Triad, and on top of that, there's a cash reward in it for ya. **** it up, and we're gonna pretend we never heard of ya, and probably put a bullet through your skulls ourselves if you show your faces round these parts again; just business, you know, but don't worry - I've got a good feeling from y'all. I know ya can pull it off" Wes finished, a sardonic smile on his face as he finished his offer, his tone never changing as he went from dissing the competition to threatening your lives to praising you

"so, this is your last chance too pull out. if you aint got the nerve too pull this off, then you know where the stairs are, and as long as ya don't go blabbing, we never see each other again. any questions?"

Esprit15
2019-07-16, 08:04 PM
Laura listens quietly as the man gives his speech. Unless he touches his drink, she doesn't so much as glance at her own. At the line "I've got a good feeling from y'all. I know ya can pull it off," the girl smiles and sits upright a little more. Finally, someone who can at least pretend to see potential in us.

"To be clear, the job is simply to steal back what was stolen, yes? There's no bonus for thinning competition beyond the immediate benefit of one fewer person trying to put holes in us if the job gets ugly, correct?"

Deadguy
2019-07-17, 02:32 PM
Adalene Grayson
Social Chameleon

Adalene raised her shot glass as if to give a cheers. "To new beginnings." She tossed it back and slammed the glass back on the bar. She gave a slow and painful breath. "No more of that for me..." She coughed lightly and cleared her throat.

"So... transportation?" She couldn't imagine that the Triad expected them to hoof it all the way to the border and back, especially with a bunch of munitions.

CateranEnforcer
2019-07-17, 05:42 PM
Derek happily toasted along with Adelene, throwing his head back and slamming his glass back down. "I appreciate you being so up front, Wes. Sounds like we're planning a theft then huh? We'll need to know how much we're looking to liberate from these guys. The size of the package, so to speak. Then we got to figure out where it is and what stands between us and the score. And we're going to need to know what each of bring to this operation. I'll go first."

Derek stands up and loosens his rifle as a gesture. "Name's Derek. Looks like I'm not the only one who came armed. I've made a living covering people's backs during these operations. Between me and my pokemon, Marley and Gordo, we can really slow anyone down trying to pursue us."

kjelfalconer
2019-07-18, 11:27 AM
"Reyes. These two'll take anything you can throw at them." He nodded towards his pokeballs. "Look, just point me at whatever you need, alright?"

Beige
2019-07-18, 04:38 PM
"that's right, missy. you get paid and you're a member of the club on returning our goods, the hows and why of how you do it are up too you" Wes said, then he continued, dropping the flippant attitude for a moment as he started talking money "though you manage to show these jokers for the fools they are, or you find anything else good while you're there, I'll see if I can work you in a little bonus on top of the bonus I already promised you. Getting into numbers, well be paying you the standard faire for our grunts of $5000 per head per job, plus an extra $10000 on top to split however you like, and anything extra you bring back."

"Now, onto the logistics of this little job; we'll get you tickets booked on the first train tommorow heading down that way - there's a station smack in the middle of Amas-whatever so it should be a nice, direct trip. I can't say exactly where these upstarts will be keeping the goods, but what they stole amounted ta 6 crates of guns, about 80 firearms in all, plus a few assorted sundries and nick-nacks, but they're very much on the 'grab em if you can camp' compared to the guns. Feel free to help yourself to anything else you find that catches your eyes, of course, just make sure at the end of the day, our weapons are back on track and the 'shadowhand' have been reminded who runs this gig." Wes leaned back on his chair, took a deep breath as a dark look overtook his face, then continued "Lady Blue's trinket is a little golden case, carved like some ghost pokemon, cofi-something? dang thing gave me the creeps when I saw it, but the lady collects stuff like that and she'd like it back; it aint an essential grab, but it'll defiantly up your pay and get your names- and by extention, mine - known too the real power players."
"Three days after you're due too arrive, a little trading caravan will be pulling into town, headed by a gal named Summer; She's a partner of ours, and someone we've worked with numerous times when we need something moved cross country without too many eyes on it... just, don't mention my name too her, allright? might stir some bad blood." Wes says with a laugh, picking up his still full shot glass and nursing it for a moment "Show her this and she'll know what's what, and you'll want these too"

Wes pulled a slightly crumpled up letter from one of his pockets, the enveloped sealed with a wax blob shaped like a ferris wheel and dropped it into the middle of the table, then shortly after dropped another, larger, piece of folded paper. opening it up, you can see it's a shipping manifold for the 'misplaced' black-market guns, and a rough map of Amasvile, and lastly, a roll of train tickets, both for outgoing and return. The map doesn't give much info, a trainstation, two saloons, a row or warehouses someones drawn a ring around, and besides that streets and farms and ranches.

you cannot sense any deception in Wes words. as far as you can tell, he's telling you the truth

Amasville is small town on the border of the roughs, mostly known for cotton production and for being rather insular, with a lot of traders and travelers reporting high crime in the area, but it's never made much of a splash

the Shadowhand are a slightly more known name you've heard once or twice; growing from a small outlaw band, they're one of the bigger groups of brigands outside the roughs, and fashion themselves as a competitor too the big city crime cartels; they operate in a number of towns in the basin and the roughs, though never really becoming more than a nuisance too people in the towns or accosting lone travelers or small caravans. their leader's aparantly a former league fighter, with a nasty scyther, but that might just be hearsay

Arayl
2019-07-18, 05:01 PM
"This job sounds right up my alley it seems, and earn me quite a bit more than what I would get from a job I sniffed out for myself" Garrick says as he nurses his drink after a couple of sips he continues, "I'm sure we'll be able to get that little case for your lady"

Menarker
2019-07-19, 06:17 AM
Jules Ryszard Kass also toasted his whiskey glass alongside Adalene and Derek, although sipping the drink at a solemn and luxurious pace before the glass came back down on the tabletop in a composed manner.

"Jules Ryszard Kass, at your service!" The Gligar upon impishly waved its claw in the air 'Gliiiiii!~' playing up its greeting in a deliberately faux-soused manner. Jules didn't pay her any mind though. But he did gesture off-handly toward Derek.
"Now... this young man suggested we share what we each bring to this operation. That is fine with me."

The huckster took off his hat, at long last, and clasped his fingers together a foot away from his face, with his elbows on the table. Taking a brief moment to gather his thoughts, he made his case as he exposed to everyone the publicly-hidden side of himself that was almost devoid of all flair save for a certain sinister air about him.

"I'm a traveling salesman with an emphasis on medicine; as such, my profession enables me to meet lots of people, see lots of different places, and deal with lots of rumors and news. My understanding of Amasvile is that they are a cotton-exporting community with a certain xenophobic streak. Saying they are wary of outsiders would be underselling the point. Traders and travelers are frequently victimized in that town, yet one cannot expect much law or justice due to its remote location. As such, for better or for worse, I'm willing to bet that I'm the most trustworthy medical practitioner that you and your pokemon can ever hope to count on. This is because I'll possibly be the only medic in Amasvile with a vested interest in our continued well-being and in the success of this operation. It would be... gratifying if it turns out I was overly pessimistic and there was indeed someone else who would offer such aid freely. Maybe someone in Summer's Trading Caravan perhaps. But we cannot just assume that they or the town will shelter us, especially if we draw their already paranoid eye, or those of the Shadowhand, upon us in the course of carrying out our schemes."

With the ominous prelude out of the way, Jules' posture became lighter and more animated with the occasional arm gestures and finger wiggling as he went for the pitch.

"On that note, Wes... I'm immensely grateful for the resources that you have provided thus far to ensure the success of this operation. I really truly am. However if I may be so bold as to impose just a little bit further, I imagine there must be some procured tools, minor medical agents and scraps of negligible, nay, inconsequential value to the Triads. Odds and ends rendered unusable in their current state and would be naught but inventory-clogging trash in any hands but those of a skilled craftsman such as myself! They would be of great value to the mission, and you'd be offloading otherwise useless jetsam to make room for other more necessary equipment, like the arms shipments we'll be retrieving."

------------------------------
CHARM ROLL: Novice Rank. Spend 1 AP to boost the skill check by 1. Attempt to request (from Wes/Triads) additional up-front resources of medical scraps (mechanical is also valued, although Jules can only use those for Repel Crafting right now. Thus emphasis on medical).

[roll0]

AP Total: 5/6
------------------------------

Jules continued on, wrapping up with one last bit of expertise he'd bring with him.

"Additionally, I've also dabbled in the studies of the most modern technologies of our time! While I have yet to actually apply my efforts in the field due to its exorbitant expenses, I assure you that my skills will be indispensable! Whether it'd be operating factory equipment to load up our cargo or hijacking a train so it leaves on OUR schedule. All of this in addition to the medicine and drugs I have for our use. Just trust in J.R. Kass."

Esprit15
2019-07-19, 07:45 AM
Lauren sits quietly, nodding as the job is explained in further detail. With them supplying transport most of the way, it should be pretty simple. ”Alright. We’ll see what we can do. And, since we’re doing this I guess-“ the young woman stands up and smooths her skirt. “Lauren. I used to run around the Himura clinic - if you’ve been there, your pockets are probably lighter because of me or one of my friends. No stranger to a brawl, and, if I’m being honest, probably the only one who will run away fast enough if this goes really south,” she says as she looks the others up and down. “Honestly, the way some of you held your cards and were breathing after the stairs has me worried.”

Deadguy
2019-07-19, 12:58 PM
Adalene Grayson
Social Chameleon

Adalene seemed to focus more when Derek described his Pokemons' abilities. "Oh, trap specialists! Like arachnids or Trapinch?"

She didn't wait for a response to her assumption, instead studying the Gligar. "One day you're gonna eat Poison types for breakfast. Soon as Mr. Verbose gets you a Toxic Orb when you evolve..." Adalene looked toward Jules, who had only just finally stopped speaking. She straightened up to address her new partners in crime. "I'm Adalene. Me and mine specialize in... well, nothing. Adapt and overcome is how we live."

CateranEnforcer
2019-07-20, 08:24 AM
Derek listened closely to the details of the job and actually smiled a bit when Adalene took a specific interest in his pokemon. In fact, she seemed really interested in pokemon in general. He couldn't deny that he wasn't the best at actually training his own.

"Yeah Marley webs them, makes them easier to shoot. Gordo's my pile of trash no one else wanted, but he's exactly what I need."

"Now about our plan seems like it makes itself at this point. The caravan can transport the goods. The real work will be up to us when we get there. Three days of prep time seems like enough."

Beige
2019-07-24, 06:29 PM
"Jules was it? I respect the stones it'll take too ask for help when we're the ones hiring you for a job. Can't say it works too well as a test too see if you got what it takes too make it if we helped you out, does it, but you got my respect?” Wes said with a smile, leaning forward then continuinging with a slightly more hushed voice “but we might be able to scrounge up a few leftovers for you, just keep it between us. You pulling this off is good for all of us, after all."

"Well, pretty sure that's everything we need here. Feel free to help yourself to anything in the bar, and you're train leaves at noon tomorrow. I'd love to stay and shoot the **** all night, but sadly, I got work to do. Check back in here when you're back in town and we'll get your properly swore in too the gang"

with that, Wes downed his drink, got up, and left, leaving you alone.

--- --- ---

The train journey itself was mostly uneventful. The line was an older one, the train functional but hardly oppulent or exactly comfortable. True to Wes' word, you'd been booked in and everything checked out, even the constables sniffing around the station didn't spare you a second glance, and you had a private booth on the ride – and you found a small supply sack with 6 potions and a couple of antidotes inside. The train made it's way into late evening, passing through the lush scenery of the basin ias it slowly grew more and more barrren as you got further from Diancel and closer too the roughs. Slowly, the green fields and small towns started to become more and more sparse, giving way to rough prarie and barren rock.

Eventually, the train came to a stop in Amasville, after most of the other customers had departed at earlier stations and the sun was making it's final descent. The town itself was almost the model of the sleepy border town – rough wooden houses, a packed dirt road with very little traffic – if not for the sideways glances of the passerbys, the durritive whispers, the way several pointedly kept their heads down, or the toughs hanging at street corners, the place might almost have been friendly.

As soon as you'd left the station, a few of the people on the street began to swagger towards you; each had the telltale look of someone used to getting their own way, all dressed in a motley assortment of leather gear, worksmans clothes, and each had a matching red-wool bandanna. One or two openly carried weapons, and a few smaller canine Pokemon kept around their feet, mostly poochyenna. All counted, a group of around a little over a half-dozen men and women where barring you're way on the street

“Welcome to our humble little town, folks. I can tell you're not from round these parts, so me and the boys felt it was our civil duty to give you a good old fashioned welcome, and wish you a good time” said the head of the gang, a wiry man in his late twenties, dressed in a slightly shabby waistcoat and a maroon shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of polished leather boots much more valuable than the rest of his outfit put together. An eager looking spearow pearched on his shoulder, and the but of a pistol was barely-hidden peeking out his waistcoat “Now, I'm sure generous folks like you wouldn't mind giving a little in return for the fine hospitality, a little bit of a rail tax, you could say. Just something to keep us all civil, don't want anyone stuck outside when the mists roll in after all. What do ya say?”

Arayl
2019-07-24, 07:49 PM
Garrick chuckles to himself at the thugs attempting to get money from him and the group and says, "You lot look like something the Meowth dragged in, why should we bother to give you anything? You wouldn't last an hour in the slums so get out of our way before you do something you'll regret"

Esprit15
2019-07-24, 08:40 PM
After Wes downs his drink, Laura follows suit.

See, that's how you get yourself stabbed, Laura thinks to herself. Taking a step to the side, away from the guy actively picking a fight with the locals, Laura looks the thugs over and asks "Well, what's the going rate for civility around here? And who specifically is the purveyor?"

Menarker
2019-07-25, 02:09 AM
Jules nodded sagely with a small smile even as he was lightly chided for his ballsy request, which turned out to be secretly approved.

As far my mindset is concerned, I already belong in the gang and thus I am merely conducting myself as such. This test is just a formality to get me officially accepted while doing a service for the organization I'm joining. The huckster mused to himself as Wes departed, leaving the group to their own devices.

Jules then picked up the items that Wes left upon the table. "Alright comrades, two ticket aboard the Express for each of you, both there and back again! And I'll hold the other documents for now until we get onto the train. It'll be easier for me to keep them smuggled and secured amid my goods. If you think you can secure it better while we're in Amasvile, let me know when we're aboard the train."

Jules gently handled the envelope with the ferris wheel seal, as keeping it intact will hopefully reassure Summers that the contents hadn't been messed with. Into his suit also went the shipping manifold and the town map for Amasvile.

Jules pocketed Key Items: Train Ticket (Only Return ticket will be listed in inventory), Sealed Envelope, Shipping Manifold and Amasvile Map.

--------------------------------------------------------
Next Morning: Before Train Ride

Jules started the day with his routine which had only changed slightly with the addition of his new Deino. Several slow minutes were spent extracting essence from his Gligar and Deino, a flying and dark type respectively. Then the Pharmacist crafted a Spritz Spray and a Berserker Bolus out of those two particular ingredients.

Normally, he'd go through with the regular stretches and minor dance routine just to get the blood rushing, but with the train ride in only a few hours, Jules reasoned he and his pokemon would rather be in a more relaxed state for the next several hours.

Luggage was packed securely, as he kept ticket for the train inside his gloved hand, where it shouldn't be easily pilfered. Then in the time span while he waited for the train, he studied the Amasvile town map.

Spritz Spray and Berserker Bolus added to Inventory. One more use of Pokemon Extracts left.
Spent time studying Amasvile Map.

Aboard the Train:

As Jules entered their private rooms, he examined the room and procured the 6 potions and 2 antidotes, with a sense of pride toward Wes to following through with his word. Taking one potion himself for his personal use, he noted the minimal amount of antidotes available, Jules opened his Medical Kit, setting it on the floor where he sat as he started a complicated process of simultaneously diluting and infusing the antidotes into patches while he waited for his team. As the rest of the group finally gathered as one, he started talking.

"So I have some new provisions. One potion for each of you. If you don't want it, I'll gladly take it off your hand. Additionally, I'm making antidote patches. They won't cure you instantly, but they'll cure you just as reliably over time and I can make many more patches for each vial of antidotes available. I can also do likewise with your potions to stretch out their uses. Meanwhile, we should all study the town map and attempt to familiarize ourselves with the basic layout. While we won't be as familiar with the place as the locals, we can hopefully ensure that in an emergency, that we'll know where everything is. It might be best to also decide on a meeting place where we'll report on any changes, as I imagine we might draw unwanted attention if we all congregate as a group at all times."

Jules passed around the Town Map for everyone's perusal, as he worked on his medicines. Then he looked toward the young man who claimed he owned the garbage-bag pokemon.
"You there err, Derek!" Mr.Kass having fumbled for half a second on remembering this guy's name. "I was wondering if perhaps you would be so kind to lend me your Trubbish for a short while for a harmless procedure. If I can get an extract from the pokemon, I'll be able to create another elixir, in fact one which I would otherwise be unable to make with my current pokemon roster."

All PCs gain 1 Antidote Patch and 1 Potion. PCs made opt to trade in 1 potion from their inventory for 3 Potion Patches. See OOC post for explanation. If PCs have other restoration items, they can consult me to see if I can make a patch of it.
If Derek consent to Gordo being used as a Pokemon Extract Subject, Jules gains 1 Poison Extract which is immediately made into 1 Shock Syringe.

See, that's how you get yourself stabbed, Laura thinks to herself. Taking a step to the side, away from the guy actively picking a fight with the locals, Laura looks the thugs over and asks "Well, what's the going rate for civility around here? And who specifically is the purveyor?"

Jules stepped alongside her in support.

"Good afternoon, good folks! I hope you can forgive their audacious behavior!" The smartly dressed man in a fancy suit gestured toward Garrick in particular. "As you have astutely said, we are not from these parts, and thus we're unaware of the history and customs of your town. You say that it is a custom that a toll must be paid as a token of good faith for mutual civility. We might be amendable to this, depending on the going-rate the young miss here alluded to. However though, you might have noticed that at least a few of us are not accustomed to the idea of issuing payment without goods or service. You say that it is your civil duty to give us an old-fashioned welcome? Then please give us a tour; show us the sights and amenities of Amasvile, and educate us on the rules that everyone here lives by. This easy and minor service would be worthwhile for us all."

See OOC Thread for upcoming Roll Result.

CateranEnforcer
2019-07-25, 07:16 AM
Derek spends most of the train ride quietly thinking about the upcoming job. He is happy to spend a lot time examining the map they were provided to learn the layout as best he could, but there was no substitute for seeing it first hand. Maps could contain errors and couldn't possibly include all the details he'd be interested in.

He readily agreed to allow Gordo to be used. "Yeah no problem, Gordo likes it when he's useful. My first gang gave him to me because no one else wanted him." Derek reflected, Kinda like me. He released the Trubbish onto the train and after the flash of light, Gordo appeared with a groan. Immediately, his foul smell filled the inside of the cabin. "Might want to open a window though."

---

Derek smiled at Jules' appeal to the thugs. It was a very good point, even if it was unlikely to work. These guys wanted to let them know who is in charge here. They had to make them respect or fear their group to back them off, and that could take time.

Gordo stil hung around Derek's legs, pushing his way in front of him to put himself in a good position if things got nasty, still smelling strongly of refuse.

Deadguy
2019-07-25, 01:03 PM
Adalene Grayson
Social Chameleon

Adalene departed the group as evening fell. She had things to do and not much time to do them. She made her way toward the river that divided the Octants. While the hide-out that she had been provided by Grin was much closer to the bank, the banks of river were a prime location to find the crystals she was looking for. Once she had finished her search with the dowsing rod, Adalene headed back to the warehouse. Once there, she made a small bed for herself and used an empty crate to make a bed for the two unique Eevees. Grateful to be out of their ball, they quickly curled up and made themselves at home.

In the morning, she maintained her regular routine, though a bit earlier than usual to ensure she didn't miss the train. She groomed Chanel and Armani, which always took longer than it should. They simply could not hold still. Chanel was distracted by all of the new things to see in the warehouse, while Armani was trying to dig through her bag and hide her brush. She barely had enough time to walk the banks of the river on her way to the station. She gave the others a small wave in greeting as she approached. On the train, she had a difficult time settling in. The sharing of the map was a welcome distraction.

As they stepped off the train and were immediately accosted by a group of individuals, Adalene couldn't help but fold her arms and smirk some. "Oh, how quaint. Matching bandannas... I wonder..." She gave a mock gasp. "You all aren't from that notorious gang, the Shadowhand, who are suppose to run these parts, are you?" She used this time to study the canine Pokemon that the gang had milling around them, attempting to get a feel for their strength.

Evening Dowsing (Occult Ed) - dc 4+ [roll0]
Breeder (Pokemon Ed) - dc 12 [roll1]
Morning Dowsing (Occult Ed) - dc 4+ [roll2]
Pokemaniac (Pokemon Ed) - dc 10 [roll3]

Beige
2019-08-01, 08:21 PM
“Why, mighty neighbourly of you too agree; That'll be just a meagre $100 a head, and since we're all upstanding folks here, I'm sure we can give y'all a little tour of the place.” the man said with a cocky grin, hand hovering just close enough too his pistol butt to make a threat “Just keep a leash on your mutt, you understand”

After taking your money – and suspiciously checking the coins - The man motioned you to follow with a wave of his hand, the other members of his group pressing in tight around you, almost herding you. The 'tour' itself wasn't very long, and more seemed a chance for the leader too show off than show you around, with most places having a 'friendly' warning you wouldn't be welcomed there; While large for how remote it was, the town was still small compared too what anyone used too the city would know, mostly rows of houses. Your guide pointed out a general store and a somewhat rundown guns shop and carpenters. A tailors and a couple of saloons – the one already marked on your map by the name of the Shaved Mareep he told you to avoid, and another called the Sleeping Houndour he seemed adamant you should visit. As the 'tour' went on, the press of bodies got shallower as members of the gang drifted further apart, and the canine pokemon underfoot where scmapering too and fro, far from organised or controlled. When you got near the warehouses, he quickly ushered you away, with a warning that part of town was off-limits too outsiders, and you could clearly make out a few more men and women in the same bandannas standing in front of the door ways and keeping watch down the streets.

While the regular townsfolks had seemed too want too avoid your gaze before, now they where glaring or quickly clearing the streets as you and your 'guides' approached. The leader seemed to exult in the reaction, smirking each time, and even if you weren't paying much attention, it would have been hard too miss just how much of the town was under the gangs control

“ And I'm flattered you've heard of us, little lady” the lead gangster said conversationally over his shoulder as he was shepherding you past the warehouse district, back towards the station “though please, we're just concerned citizens looking out for the people, nothing sinister, so you might want to watch your tounge. Wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong idea.”

“And that is our humble little town. Hope you enjoyed the walk, something too keep in mind when you're back on the train and back where you below” he said at last, back in front of the station, casting a glance across each of you as if thinking, then shaking his head.

With that the leader and the last of his men left, heading for the Shaved Mareep saloon, and with the sun nearly set and darkness approaching – with the early signs of a heavy fog setting in - you where left alone outside the nearly deserted train station

While the main group had left, just out the corner of your eyes you can catch glimpses of a man watching you, wearing the same bandana, though he was taking efforts to keep hidden

your eevee's make an egg. huzzah romance :D

the three poochyenna are level 7, with an adamant nature and the Team work ability and dark type
the houndour among the group is level 8 with the flash fire ability and a quirky nature. normal houndour types
the spearow is level 9, with a brave nature and the keen eye ability. also normal spearow types

Esprit15
2019-08-02, 07:48 AM
”Well, he was one of the friendlier people I’ve been robbed by,” Laura snarks. Once she’s sure they’re all out of earshot, she adds, “Not friendly enough to be killed last, but friendlier.

“So, that tour was pretty worthless, beyond making it clear that they keep the warehouses well manned. Should probably do some proper scouting over there. How do we want to split up for that?”

Deadguy
2019-08-03, 11:20 AM
Adalene Grayson
Social Chameleon

Adalene crosses her arms as the group arrives back at the train station, having completed their 'tour'. Once they were left alone, she shared what she had learned.

"Their Pokemon are unimpressive, none of significant strength. Their numbers are the only real issue when it comes to a battle."

She looked over the group, trying to assess a tactic that might work.

"Splitting up and keeping to confined spaces would prevent them from gaining too much advantage due to numbers."

Esprit15
2019-08-03, 02:26 PM
”Well... Guns make it very easy to make that not matter. And, I assure you: Numbers are always scary. A dozen of them, each with a mon, versus us? That’s a good way to get us all dead and buried in an alleyway grave.

“No, let’s try to make sure that they never have... let’s say half again as many people as we are engaging them with.”

Menarker
2019-08-03, 04:10 PM
"Agreed." Jules said in a hushed voice. "But we still have a few days until you-know-who comes, so perhaps we should focus on looking as harmless and compliant as reasonably possible so they'll ease up on the attention on us by the time said train arrives. Be 'good guests' and avoid 'looking' suspicious. We can take bolder actions then." The sharp dressed man suggested, while hinting as discretely as possible in regards to Summer upcoming arrival in 3 days.

"That said, I don't trust the Sleeping Houndour for our base of operations. It is late though, so unless any of you have ideas of where we can get alternative shelter while we're being tailed, we'll have to make do with that. I can provide a little anti-sleeping aid for whomever has to keep watch tonight for intruders. But tomorrow, we should make some friends..."

Esprit15
2019-08-03, 07:48 PM
”If we take two or three shifts of sleep, it shouldn’t be too hard.”

CateranEnforcer
2019-08-04, 08:31 AM
"We're on their turf so it'll be hard to get the drop on them. I might be able to funnel them or set traps with toxic spikes but we can't count on that. I agree we should play nice for a start, they are watching and probably expecting trouble. Though it would be a real shame to waste such good weather for mischief." Derek indicates the early signs of fog.

"Let's see what this saloon looks like before we make plans."

Arayl
2019-08-06, 02:34 PM
"Sounds like a good idea to me, we act like we're no threat to them and wait for their guard to be dropped. That way we'll be able to figure out where they're keeping what we're here for" Garrick says as the group begin thinking up plans of how to deal with the local gang.

Menarker
2019-08-09, 02:32 AM
Jules nodded as he walked toward the saloon, with the expectation of the rest of the group following him, and pushed open the door slowly with the other hand clasped on an apricorn ball just in case it was one big ambush.

Beige
2019-08-09, 02:08 PM
The Sleeping Houndour had seen better days, the inside of the saloon sparsley filled, the few people inside nursing drinks. A faded wooden bar with several empty stools sat near the door, and some sparsley scattered tables spread around the room. All in all, the place could most likely seat 50, yet there was less than a dozen people present. One of the patrons kept casting skittsh glances all around him, looking uncomfortable to be present.

a sleepy one eyed houndoom looked up from her bed near the door as you entered, but soon returned to her nap, and the barkeep gave you a slight nod as he stood, cleaning glasses. Looking around, you didn't see anyone with the red scarves of the Shadowhand, nor anyone who had the look of a gangster

CateranEnforcer
2019-08-11, 01:11 PM
"Looks like we arrived just in time to breathe some life into this place," Derek remarks as he walks inside the saloon. "I'd buy you all a drink but my pockets have been lightened by the welcome committee. Barkeep! You got anything good for some newcomers?"

Esprit15
2019-08-11, 11:13 PM
"If that's all you can keep on yourself at a time, it's no wonder you wound up here," Laura chides. The girl looks around. Patrons largely seem like the types to avoid fights. The skittish man was probably an informant for the gang, hence the nerves, but if they stayed quiet, there was probably nothing to worry about. Plus, if he was an informant, he'd be a runner, not a fighter.

Wasting no time at all, the slightly dirty but nicely dressed girl takes a seat at the bar. "Seconding that. Something sweet and strong; we had a long day, and I'd rather something to keep my itch for a fight in check."

Menarker
2019-08-12, 09:29 PM
Jules sat at one of the tables nearest the bar where Derek and Laura were sitting, plopping his luggage onto the floor between his legs.

"Good man, do you have a vacant room to stay the night in? Also, what dishes does your establishment specialize in? A meat based dish would be preferable if you have any." The merchant asked, with an eye out for the mostly carnivorous diet of his pokemon.

Beige
2019-08-15, 04:59 PM
"Don't get many newcomers round these parts. I take it you ran into those ruffians who reckon they own the place then? first drinks on the house, won't be having it said we're all theives and scum" the barkeep sighed, his voice gruff. "our speciality, if you can call it that, is cream o' oddish soup, though we got a few other vittals. the usuals; salt beef, mutton chops, corn muffins, you know, the usual. I will say you'll get a better drink and better company here than that rabble's watering hole"

he nodded to a few of the patrons when he said that, only to be met with a gloomy silence, before sighing and shaking his head

"We got rooms, yeah. not many people come into town these days, and those that do tend to leave quickly, so you got your pick. this place is going too the dogs... no offence to you, Lilly" he adds, nodding to the sleepy houndoom

Deadguy
2019-08-16, 12:57 PM
Adalene Grayson
Social Chameleon

Adalene relaxed somewhat upon entering the rustic inn. She smiled at the aged houndoom basking.

"What made them take over this place? It doesn't seem to be a bustling center of commerce for them to exploit... no offense."

She spoke toward the bartender, who appeared to be the only one in attendance of the personable variety.

Esprit15
2019-08-16, 03:18 PM
”Then a drink, a bowl, and a room for me,” Laura says with a smile, letting a little of the aggression out of her voice. Seems at least some of the people here were decent company. ”Anything else we ought to know about our ‘hosts,’ outside of their generally poor hospitality?”

CateranEnforcer
2019-08-17, 06:51 PM
"Not gonna lie, leaving quickly is sounding like a good idea. Thanks for the drinks at least." Derik nods in approval at Laura's subtle line of questioning and didn't want to intrude. Instead, he went to look around the place 'looking for a washroom' while also taking note of entrances, exits, windows, and anything else he could think up to get a good feel for the place should they bring any trouble here.

perception if needed [roll0]

Menarker
2019-08-18, 06:19 PM
"I'd like my drink to be something light, but I'll trust your recommendation. I'd like a room as well, an order of salted beef, and two orders of whatever dish you normally feed your lass Lily." Jules said, with a sideway nod to the houndour. "If it is good for her, it'll probably be good for my pokemon too."

"By the way, I appreciate the hospitality you've been offering us. Most of the other people around town are slow about opening up to outsiders, not that I blame them. Since you're seem to be a gentleman of good character, I'm wondering whom else in Amasvile you would regard as trustworthy and upright, more or less."

----------------------------------------------------------

Rolled for Charm and Intuition. Not so happy with the results this time...

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24095725&postcount=41

Beige
2019-08-23, 12:57 AM
"That lot? convinience, mostly. We're a small community, don't see the constables or anyone else of the sort much, but between the train tracks and wagon trains bringing goods from the roughs, or supplies out there... guess we where easy pickings, and there where just enough young idiots in town who fell over themselves to sign up. Not much else I can say, though I haven't seen the thug who calls himself their boss in a while, and they seem content too leave the rest of us be so long as no-one tries standing up too them""

The nervous man from before seems esepcially interested in your conversation, Jules and derik notice. Jules cannot find any falsehoods in the tavern-keepers words, just wearyness.

The tavern space is fairly mundane, from what Derek can see; besides the door you entered by, there's a wide if faded glass window, and two smaller windows on the far wall. A door behind the bar presumably leads too the kitchen. the stairs too the 2nd floor are at the wall opposite the door, and you know from the view from outside that most of the upstairs rooms also have windows. the walls aren't the thickest

Your food orders follow shortly; it;s decent faire, nourishing enough and far from the worst meal you've ever had, though despite Jules' request, each was served with a mug of course spirits that left a slightly burning aftertaste and a heady feeling.

Esprit15
2019-08-23, 10:45 AM
Laura downs her drink quickly, slightly annoyed at the disregard for what she asked. Whatever, it was his walls that would get broken if something set her off. The soup was decent at least. "You'd think they would get bored and start infighting," Laura mentions between bites of soup as the man talks, loud enough that the probable informant could hear. "Run yourselves on nothing but thieving and soon people learn to avoid your alleyway. After that, income dries up, people get antsy. All those kids signing up are gonna get eaten by the bigger fish as soon as there's nothing else to eat, you know? If I was one of those kids, I'd either claw my way to the top real quick, or get the hell out."

CateranEnforcer
2019-08-26, 10:37 AM
Derek seems satisfied with his short survey of the inn but he focuses his attention on the nervous man. He is looking a little too interested in the conversation for his liking.

He pulls up a chair next to him and plops himself down with a sigh, "Whew, been a long day. Don't want to end it in a bad note. You look like you could use a drink too, bud. What do you say? "

Menarker
2019-09-01, 06:25 AM
Jules started chewing on his portion of the food, taking his sweet time. Although he snuck occasional sideway glances at Derek, who was now engaging the shifty patron. If he was indeed an informer, this sequence of events could very well spiral out of control if he'd felt his cover was blown.

------------------------------------
OOC: Wasn't sure if you guys were waiting on me.

Deadguy
2019-09-03, 09:01 AM
Adalene Grayson
Social Chameleon

Adalene frowned slightly at the man's and town's plight.

"It's a shame someone can't step up and do something about it, especially if the boss hasn't been around to keep the thugs in check..."

Her attention was diverted to the nervous looking man that Derek has initiated contact with. Her frown was replaced with a wry smile.