PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Brainstorming an Astral-Plane Touched Race

theVoidWatches
2019-07-10, 09:56 PM
If you want to place a character influenced by one of the planes, you have a lot of choices in 5e. Tieflings from the Lower Planes, Aasimar from the Upper. Genasi for the Elemental Planes, Shadar-Kai for the Plane of Shadow... you could even argue that Eladrin are Feywild-touched Elves. But I see a gap - where are those influenced by the Astral Plane? What would such a person look like?

LibraryOgre
2019-07-11, 02:16 PM
If you want to place a character influenced by one of the planes, you have a lot of choices in 5e. Tieflings from the Lower Planes, Aasimar from the Upper. Genasi for the Elemental Planes, Shadar-Kai for the Plane of Shadow... you could even argue that Eladrin are Feywild-touched Elves. But I see a gap - where are those influenced by the Astral Plane? What would such a person look like?

Githyanki.

theVoidWatches
2019-07-12, 09:31 PM
I don't think that's quite accurate. Gith live in the Astral Plane (and Limbo), yes, but they're not influenced by it physically. Their traits are the result of mind flayer experimentation (and then split further by cultural separation between the yanki and the zerai).

JNAProductions
2019-07-12, 09:42 PM
I wasn't even thinking of this, but the Astral is pretty spacey, right?

Space (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?592446-Space!-Race) might work.