PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Zombieman

Skrum
2019-07-11, 08:52 PM
For those familiar with One Punch Man, how would one make a Zombieman character? I'm far more familiar with 3.5, and in that edition I would just make a moderately powerful fighter with regen (a lot) with no bypasses...but even that isn't perfect, as Zombieman seemingly can't be knocked out either.

Any suggestions for 5th?

Contrast
2019-07-12, 02:20 AM
Half orc barbarian probably gives you the maximum amount of 'how is this guy still not dead!?'ness.

Bonus points for going zealot but that's more of a long term thing.

GlenSmash!
2019-07-12, 01:48 PM
Revenant as race maybe.

Zealot with mediocre stats.

Long death monk would be good too.

Mercurias
2019-07-12, 02:32 PM
I would run as a Half-Orc Champion Fighter with Battleaxe and Shield. Zombieman, as I recall, preferred the axe in melee and was anything but a flashy fighter aside from his superhuman regeneration. What you’ll get out of a Half-Orc Champion Fighter is an extremely durable combatant more effectiveness than flash.

Half-Orcs can force themselves to stay at 1 HP when they would have been knocked out once per long rest with their Relentless Endurance trait, and Champions have a regeneration skill that unlocks at level 18.

Champion Fighters also have a skill that allows you to crit on a 19-20 rather than just a 20, and Half-Orcs deal additional damage when they crit. For a shield fighter this won’t be too much of a big deal, but your armor will help you weather lots of damage, and that helps with the theme.

Also for theme, you might be able to sweet talk your DM into letting you find a Ring of Regeneration. It lets you (slowly) regenerate limbs, it will you restore 1 HP per ten minutes I think. It isn’t Zombieman levels of regen, but it’s the best you can do without playing a Divine Spellcaster. And will tide you over until you hit Champion Fighter 18 and restore 10 HP/Round when below half HP.

Fable Wright
2019-07-12, 08:56 PM
Zombieman can be knocked out—see Tornado's stabbing fit.

That said, 18th level Kensei.

He has his one weapon, no armor, and is invulnerable via Astral Projection, assuming your DM doesn't rule that the spell is literally meaningless by forcing you to transport your body when you enter another plane. (That's just a worse Plane Shift for a 9th level spell.) A Silver Sword or Astral Dreadnought can kill him, and that's about it. He gets back the 8 ki for the indefinite duration Astral Projection on a short rest.