PDA

View Full Version : Best Multi class Battle Master Build (Archer) for level 9 One shot

Nosta
2019-07-12, 06:48 PM
so My friend is going to Run a 5e 1 shot for me to play in as I have i been Curious about it , well my other friends are more conservative with their rp selection

I like the idea of the battle Master tricks being used at range

I how ever am wondering if i should go strait fighter 9

or go Battle Master 5 / 7 and then something else

ranger? rogue

I want some skills to throw around as well

LudicSavant
2019-07-12, 06:55 PM
so My friend is going to Run a 5e 1 shot for me to play in as I have i been Curious about it , well my other friends are more conservative with their rp selection

I like the idea of the battle Master tricks being used at range

I how ever am wondering if i should go strait fighter 9

or go Battle Master 5 / 7 and then something else

ranger? rogue

I want some skills to throw around as well

Straight Fighter 9 is a strong choice here. You'll probably want to go to at least 8 so that you have CBE/Sharpshooter/Max Dex. At 9 you can get Indomitable, or grab a 1-level dip in something like Hexblade.

Yakmala
2019-07-12, 07:51 PM
Variant Human for Sharpshooter.

Battle Master 5 for the extra attack.

Gloom Stalker 3 for Dread Ambusher to get an additional weapon attack as part of your action on the start of your first turn of each combat.

War Cleric 1 for War Priest to get an extra attack as a bonus action three times per long rest.

Enjoy getting four attacks on your first turn of combat at level 9. Or seven attacks if you Action Surge [Per Crawford, Action Surge works with Dread Ambusher].

You also get two fighting styles, a couple of Superiority Maneuvers and can cast either Bless for accuracy or Hunter's Mark for damage.

Cast Bless just before combat. Open up with four ranged attacks, each with Sharpshooter and Precision Attack. The Bless and Precision will cancel out the penalties from Sharpshooter. If the target has a low AC, replace Bless with Hunter's Mark and the Precision Strikes with maneuvers that do an extra D8 damage.