PDA

View Full Version : Sheres of Power (Warp) and Lich

Kesnit
2019-07-13, 11:52 AM
My wife is playing a Bard (about to switch to SoP) who plans to become a Lich. Extradimensional space (Warp Sphere) says if you die, everything in the space lands in your square.

Could a Lich put their phylactery in the extradimensional space to keep it safe? She's already dead, so in order to "die," her phylactery would have to be destroyed. Until then, she doesn't die - just respawns next to her phylactery. Since she didn't die, the space would not dump and the phylactery would stay there.

Thoughts?

Mehangel
2019-07-13, 02:12 PM
My wife is playing a Bard (about to switch to SoP) who plans to become a Lich. Extradimensional space (Warp Sphere) says if you die, everything in the space lands in your square.

Could a Lich put their phylactery in the extradimensional space to keep it safe? She's already dead, so in order to "die," her phylactery would have to be destroyed. Until then, she doesn't die - just respawns next to her phylactery. Since she didn't die, the space would not dump and the phylactery would stay there.

Thoughts?

Not speaking in any official capacity, but I see two likely scenarios.

A) As someone who is no longer living, the lich loses all access to their extra-dimensional storage.

B) As a lich, you are reanimated as an undead lifeform and can still die (its just called being destroyed). When a lich is destroyed, the contents of their extra-dimensional storage empties, just as if they died.

SangoProduction
2019-07-13, 02:54 PM
Not speaking in any official capacity, but I see two likely scenarios.

A) As someone who is no longer living, the lich loses all access to their extra-dimensional storage.

B) As a lich, you are reanimated as an undead lifeform and can still die (its just called being destroyed). When a lich is destroyed, the contents of their extra-dimensional storage empties, just as if they died.

I agree, however, there's another option.

C) You died. Your stuff drops on the ground. You can't die again, because you don't have a Con score, so you can't go your Con score below 0 HP. However, at no point does it say that you can't add stuff back to your extra-dimensional storage after dying.

Mehangel
2019-07-13, 04:04 PM
I agree, however, there's another option.

C) You died. Your stuff drops on the ground. You can't die again, because you don't have a Con score, so you can't go your Con score below 0 HP. However, at no point does it say that you can't add stuff back to your extra-dimensional storage after dying.

My primary argument against this, is that nowhere that I can see, does it state that undead (or any creature lacking a Constitution score) is immune to the death condition (immune to death effects, sure, but nothing about the death condition).

SangoProduction
2019-07-13, 06:14 PM
My primary argument against this, is that nowhere that I can see, does it state that undead (or any creature lacking a Constitution score) is immune to the death condition (immune to death effects, sure, but nothing about the death condition).

The supporting text for my statement is the definition of the Dead Condition in Pathfinder.

The character’s hit points are reduced to a negative amount equal to his Constitution score, his Constitution drops to 0, or he is killed outright by a spell or effect. The character’s soul leaves his body. Dead characters cannot benefit from normal or magical healing, but they can be restored to life via magic. A dead body decays normally unless magically preserved, but magic that restores a dead character to life also restores the body either to full health or to its condition at the time of death (depending on the spell or device). Either way, resurrected characters need not worry about rigor mortis, decomposition, and other conditions that affect dead bodies.

Without a Con score, you can not fulfill this condition, and thus can not be dead, and thus can't die.
You can be destroyed, certainly.