PDA

View Full Version : Issues with RI

Mrark
2019-07-13, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone. I am currently playing a wizard 5, incantatrix 10 character, and i have problems with overcoming spell resistance. Any good advice on how to deal with it? Feats, items, spells, anything

Mike Miller
2019-07-13, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone. I am currently playing a wizard 5, incantatrix 10 character, and i have problems with overcoming spell resistance. Any good advice on how to deal with it? Feats, items, spells, anything

What does Rhode Island have to do with it?

Anything and everything to boost your CL will help. You should have plenty of feats as an incantatrix 10, have you taken spell penetration? Look up Assay Spell Resistance in Spell Compendium.

Doctor Awkward
2019-07-13, 12:46 PM
The wizard/sorcerer spell assay spell resistence from the Spell Compendium is generally the recommended method.

It's a 4th-level personal range spell that casts as a swift action and lasts for rounds/level. It adds +10 to all caster level checks made to overcome SR of a specific creature within your line of sight when you cast it for the duration.

Biggus
2019-07-14, 10:39 PM
There's True Casting (CM) which also gives a +10 bonus. It's a standard action to cast and it only affects your next spell, but as it's only 1st level it's pretty easy to quicken and unlike Assay SR it can affect multiple targets.

As for items, in the MiC there's Third Eye Penetrate (8,000GP for a +2 bonus) and if you have deep pockets, the Vest of the Archmagi (200,000GP, +2 bonus among many other effects).

Then of course there's all the things which boost caster level in general (Orange Prism Ioun Stone, Spell Enhancer, Ring of Arcane might, Mystic Surge, Arcane Thesis, Robe of Arcane Might, Create Magic Tattoo, Adept Spirit, Spell Thematics etc).