PDA

View Full Version : A Touch More Class - Geomancer

ZarZak
2019-07-13, 02:47 PM
I've always wanted to play a 'Final Fantasy Tactics'-esque geomancer in D&D. In the upcoming 'A Touch More Class' there is a geomancer class that almost seems to fit the bill. There is a free official version available for download on drivethrurpg - my post count isn't high enough to post it here, but if you do a search for a 'a touch more class' and 'geomancer' it should pop up.

If you're not familiar with the game, the gist of the idea is that the geomancer can spontaneously cast spells based on the terrain s/he is standing on. The 3rd party class has a similar idea - a spell list determined by the environmental conditions. However, it seems to be missing 'something' - lack of supported terrain/elements, not enough consistently available spells ... I'm not quite sure, but it feels slightly off to me.

I'm wondering if people have suggestions on getting a little closer to the geomancer feel I'm looking for. Alternatively, if you think its already there and I'm just wrong also let me know. :)

Thanks!