PDA

View Full Version : SW Force and Destiny help

jdizzlean
2019-07-13, 10:30 PM
i'm looking at making a mystic/makashi duelist, along w/ something that is in the Unlimited Power book that I don't have in front of me. My question is:

does anyone know of a master list of races that are available in SW F&D to play as?

our current campaign is morphing, and along w/ it, i'm dumping my saboteur and making a new toon

The Glyphstone
2019-07-13, 10:44 PM
Poking around on Google, there's a supposed list of playable races from the FFG SW subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/swrpg/comments/6b5mo7/list_of_all_published_species/

It might be missing a few, and it only lists the sourcebooks to find them in, not the actual stats.

jdizzlean
2019-07-13, 11:09 PM
yep, i read the unofficial link at the top that someone compiled for a few ideas, but i need to track down all the books to get the full real stats. if it's not in a book, it's not real at our table :p

my short list is:

chadra-fan

Farghul

Neimoidians

zeltron

Zygerriangs

but since my dm has unlimited power that has a subclass of the mystic/duelist that i want to use, and i don't have it in front of me atm, i'm not sure where to go, i just want a list to work off of once i have the book

The Glyphstone
2019-07-13, 11:14 PM
Maybe our Reddit views don't show the same thing? I'm sorting by 'best', and the top reply is this:

s others have said, you may want to present your players with a limited subset of species: at least restricted to the books you already own and possibly to Donovan Morningfire's excellent Unofficial Species Menagerie.

With that said.. I keep a spreadsheet of all the published species with more data than I can comfortably share, as I don't like putting enough info out on the internet to substitute the purchase of a book. The first two columns, however, are "Species" and "Book/Page Ref". Those I exported as a CSV to put in this post for your convenience. Here you go! Question marks next to a book abbreviation indicate something not yet released by FFG.

Aleena, NoP 98

Anx, SS 18

Aqualish, DC 19

Arcona, FH 19

Arkanian, DoH ??

Bardottan, NoP 98

Besalisk, SM 20

Bothan, AoR 51, EoE 43

Caamasi, DA 18

Cerean, FaD 54

Chadra-Fan, SoT 20

Chagrian, LbE 19

Chevin, FH 21

Chiss, EtU 20

Clawdite, ND 20

Cosian, DoH ??

Devaronian, NoP 100, ND 23

Drall, SoF 90

Dressellian, SoT 22

Droid, AoR 53, EoE 45

Duros, AoR 55, EtU 21

Dug, SM 22

Elom, FiB 18

Elomin, FiB 18

Falleen, FC 18

Gand, EoE 47, EV 18

Gank, LoNH 95

Gossam, DA 22

Gotal, FC 21

Gran, AoR 56, FH 22

Gungan, NoP 101

Hutt, LoNH 94

Human, AoR 57, EoE 48, FaD 55

Human (Corellian), SoF 93

Human (Mandalorian), FLT 7

Iktotchi, KtP 18

Ishi Tib, LbE 21

Ithorian, AoR 58, SS 20

Kalleran, ND 25

Kaminoan, FO ??

Kel Dor, FaD 57

Klatooinian, DC 20

Kyuzo, FiB 22

Lannik, KtP 20, LbE 23

Mirialan, FaD 58

Mon Calamari, AoR 59

Mustafarian, SM 24

Muun, EV 20

Nautolan, FaD 59

Neimoidian, DA 20

Nikto, LoNH 96

Pantoran, EV 22

Pau'an, DoH ??

Polis Massan, SoR 98

Quarren, FC 23, SoR 100

Quermian, SS 21

Rodian, EoE 49

Sakiyan, LoNH 98

Sathari, CotG 15

Selonian, SoF 91

Shistavanen, FiB 24

Sullustian, AoR 60

Togruta, FaD 60

Toydarian, EtU 22

Trandoshan, EoE 50

Twi'lek, EoE 51, FaD 61

Verpine, SoR 102

Weequay, DC 22

Whiphid, KtP 21

Wookie, EoE 52

Xexto, SoT 24

Zabrak, FaD 62
The list matches up to this Index as well: http://swrpg.viluppo.net/character/species/ - that one includes stats for a bunch of non-playable species, but none of them are the missing ones you want.

Chandra-Fan are in Stay On Target, page 20. Neimodians are in Desperate Allies, page 20. Neither Farghul, Zeltran nor Zygerriangs appear to be officially statted.

jdizzlean
2019-07-13, 11:22 PM
we're looking at the same thing, i was referring to the link at the top in that post

Donovan Morningfire's excellent Unofficial Species Menagerie

which looks like a handbook style racials compilation. each name in there has a link to the wiki for each race, which as sources listed for it, which is the real task of tracking them down to see if they're real or homebrewed races.

The Glyphstone
2019-07-13, 11:44 PM
Yeah, the second list is the official printed ones, anything in the compendium that isn't on that bullet-pointed list must be homebrew by process of elimination.

jdizzlean
2019-07-13, 11:51 PM
i'm inclined to agree except that thread is 2 years old, and things have been released since then. sigh, gaming woes.

The Glyphstone
2019-07-14, 12:01 AM
Dunno then, I only own a handful of books and they're all for Force and Destiny.

jdizzlean
2019-07-14, 12:08 AM
between all of us in the group, we have a broad spectrum between the 3 "versions" (Age of Rebellion, F&D, Edge of Empire).

but i'm not at game tonight, so i don't have access to them all to look stuff up til later..

The Glyphstone
2019-07-14, 12:15 AM
If it helps, the only listed sourcebooks FFG has written that aren't included in the official index are Unlimited Power, Knights of Fate, Cyphers and Masks, Rise of the Separatists, Collapse of the Republic, Dawn of the Rebellion, and Allies and Adversaries. So you only need to be looking in those for your wayward three races, if they're printed at all.

Telwar
2019-07-14, 03:11 PM
We generally use Oggdude's Character Generator, *but* that doesn't have all the published races. It's good for the main sequence books (EotE, AoR, FaD) and their associated splats, but it doesn't have anything from any of the setting books. Thus, my Gigoran (aka the big furry thing with Saw's Partisans) Hired Gun has to exist in a spreadsheet, because its stats are published in Dawn of Rebellion.

That being said, it has stats for Farghul, Zygerrians, and Zeltrans, but lists them as coming from the Unofficial Species Menagerie.

On the bright side, I can affirm that none of those three are in any of the setting books.