PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Monster Filter?

Palanan
2019-07-13, 11:00 PM
Is there a way to search the monster listings in the Archives of Nethys PRD? Specifically, is there a way to filter for monsters with the reptilian subtype?

I can reach a massive list of (presumably) all monsters, but I can’t see how to search that list by subtype. Meanwhile, in the Search function, I can search for “reptilian,” but that just gets me every entry with “reptilian” in the text, whether or not the specific monster has the reptilian subtype. Searching for “reptilian subtype” just gets me the definition of the subtype, not the creatures it’s attached to.

Is there another way to search that I’m missing? I’ve also tried the Advanced Monster Search (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/tools/advanced-monster-search/) on the PFSRD, but I’m getting nothing but a big white rectangle in both Firefox and Safari.

upho
2019-07-14, 11:54 AM
The reptilian subtype should be easy to find, because it's very rare (my emphasis):

"These creatures are scaly and usually cold-blooded. The reptilian subtype is only used to describe a set of humanoid races, not all animals and monsters that are true reptiles."

I'd look through the relatively few creatures listed under the "humanoid" subtype at d20pfsrd. And/or possibly search the site and aonprd for "humanoid (reptilian)" (with the quotation marks).

Palanan
2019-07-14, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by upho
I'd look through the relatively few creatures listed under the "humanoid" subtype at d20pfsrd.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I can’t even get the search engine to display on that site. Just a large white rectangle on the page where the search fields should be.

And/or possibly search the site and aonprd for "humanoid (reptilian)" (with the quotation marks).

Thanks, just tried this. Red text tells me nothing was found.

upho
2019-07-14, 02:51 PM
Ok, then you'll simply have to look through the entries in the "humanoid" type list (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/Monster-listings/#TOC-Humanoids). Not that many entries which are possible candidates, really.

Psyren
2019-07-14, 03:04 PM
I appreciate the suggestion, but I can’t even get the search engine to display on that site. Just a large white rectangle on the page where the search fields should be.

Just checked and it works fine for me, so this sounds like a browser issue.

You can also use Google to deepsearch the site: {"humanoid (reptilian)" site:aonprd.com} without the bracers.

Palanan
2019-07-14, 05:33 PM
Ok, then you'll simply have to look through the entries in the "humanoid" type list.

Thanks, that’s another approach I didn’t know about.

Originally Posted by Psyren
You can also use Google to deepsearch the site….

Okay, thanks. That’s another angle to explore.

upho
2019-07-14, 09:43 PM
Wait, Psyren? You're... you've become Spamalot!

Sir Psyren Spamalot... That's absolutely spiffing!

Love it!

Palanan
2019-07-14, 10:12 PM
I know, I only noticed the "Spamalot" a day or two ago.

What's up with that?

JNAProductions
2019-07-14, 10:13 PM
I know, I only noticed the "Spamalot" a day or two ago.

What's up with that?

It goes to the poster with the most posts.

Palanan
2019-07-14, 10:17 PM
Huh. I've been on this site how many years now, and I never knew that.