PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Juggernaut archetype: an unstoppable armored battering ram.

sengmeng
2019-07-14, 10:32 AM
JUGGErNAUT

The Juggernaut archetype is about using your armored body as a weapon, relying on momentum and brute force to carry the day.

Mighty Shove
When you take this archetype at 3rd level, you gain the mighty shove ability. When you shove a creature, you can choose to knock them prone, move them 5 feet, or both.

Overrun
When you take this archetype at 3rd level, you also gain the overrun feature. Moving through a prone creature's space does not count as difficult terrain for you and you can automatically damage them for an amount equal to half your AC without your dexterity modifier, plus your strength modifier.

Crashing Blow
At 7th level, if you move and damage an opponent with an attack, you can shove them as a bonus action.

Unstoppable Momentum
At 10th level, if you move on your turn, you gain resistance to all damage except psychic until the beginning of your next turn, and a +10 foot bonus to movement on your next turn.

Deadly Charge
At 15th level, when you take the dash action and move only in a straight line, you may make a shove attempt against each creature who comes into your reach. They take damage equal to half your AC without your dexterity modifier, plus your strength modifier, and can still be overrun.

World Breaker
Also at 15th level, you gain the world breaker feature. Any turn in which you move, all damage you inflict is doubled against objects, including constructs. Additionally, you can turn solid surfaces into difficult terrain for all creatures other than yourself when you move through it or knock a creature prone into it.

Dungeoncrash
At 18th level, if you shove a creature into an object or another creature, they take damage. If you shove them into a solid object or wall, they take damage equal to your AC without your dexterity modifier, plus your strength modifier, and if you shove them into another creature, they each take half this damage. You must succeed on an attack roll to hit a creature with another creature against the stationary creature's AC. You are considered proficient for this attack roll and it uses your strength modifier.

BerzerkerUnit
2019-07-14, 12:39 PM
I took a stab at this a couple years ago:

Juggernaut Fighter Archetype
https://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/214607

Hypersmith
2019-07-14, 02:19 PM
I'm not a particularly huge barbarian guy, so I'd need more time to give you a really good eval/peach, but I can say off the bat that the damage calc for overrun is just bizzare, and you should probably go with something simpler. Like Str mod + proficiency bonus or something. Same for dungeoncrash

sengmeng
2019-07-14, 02:21 PM
I'm not a particularly huge barbarian guy, so I'd need more time to give you a really good eval/peach, but I can say off the bat that the damage calc for overrun is just bizzare, and you should probably go with something simpler. Like Str mod + proficiency bonus or something. Same for dungeoncrash

It's for fighters...

Hypersmith
2019-07-14, 07:11 PM
It's for fighters...

You're right. That should tell you how much of a barb guy I am lol. I think my point still stands.

JNAProductions
2019-07-14, 08:29 PM
Might Shove-fine.

Overrun-needs to specify a max of once/turn, and should probably be Prof+Strength mod.

Crashing Blow-fine.

Unstoppable Momentum-completely NOT fine. This feature can basically read "So long as you're not restrained, grappled, or stunned (or whatever else might completely negate movement) you have resistance to all damage except psychic."

Deadly Charge-needs to specify they only take damage if they're SUCCESSFULLY shoved. Also use the Prof+Strength formula.

World Breaker-a little much, but not excessively so.

Dungeoncrash-looks fine, excepting a wonky formula.

Overall... It's very single-minded. Completely lacking in ribbons too. It's mostly okay, barring Unstoppable Momentum which absolutely NEEDS to be changed.