PDA

View Full Version : Help finding info on the Fey Courts

cupkeyk
2007-10-08, 11:00 PM
My DM is asking where we can find official Wizards material on the unseelie and seelie courts.

Please, f you could pst links on wizards.com articles or books and page numbers/chapters we can reference.

If there is material specifically geared towards the FR setting that would be awesome.

Mojo_Rat
2007-10-08, 11:45 PM
I dont think there is any official WotC material on the seelie and unseelie courts. they basically dont exist in the D&D mythos. As well many of the creatures that make up either court are not Fey in D&D (Elves goblins etc)

However all that said the book of exalted deeds has the Ghaele court.. Court of the moon and stars?. Which is probably a good representation for the Seilie court. You would probly have to use it as a model to make up its oposite.

Mike_Lemmer
2007-10-08, 11:54 PM
There's also the Seelie & Unseelie templates in the Complete Dragon Compendium, but I don't like their definition of Unseelie. (So the pure fey are all good, but if they mate with mortals, their offspring are all evil? WTF?)

The_Snark
2007-10-09, 12:04 AM
There used to be a Wizards column about fey; mechanical stuff may be a bit outdated, but not too badly. Here's (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/fey) the archive.

From what I can see, the Seelie Court accepts mostly pure fey-blooded creatures and the Unseelie Court accepts any with fey blood. Neither, however, is actually good; the Unseelie Court tends strongly towards evil, but the Seelie Court looks to be a fairly amoral, self-interested neutral.

cupkeyk
2007-10-09, 07:46 AM
That is all awesome!!!

Thanks so much.

Is there stats for Titania or the Queen of Air and darkness?

Stabby
2007-10-09, 08:58 AM
Just assume that Mab can do anything.

Seriously though, Mab and Titania shoud be, in my opinion, Divine Rank 0. They are aspects/representations of Winter and Summer respectivly.

My two cents at least.

Rex Blunder
2007-10-09, 09:10 AM
If you can wait till 4th edition, you might be in better shape. I bet the "feywild" plane has some courts in it, both seelie and not so seelie.