PDA

View Full Version : interpretation VS gameplay

Style
2007-10-09, 06:19 AM
whic is better 4 u ? i think a 50-50 can be apreciated from everyone...

Zincorium
2007-10-09, 06:23 AM
I think I speak for everyone with this: Um, what?

Please expound a bit further, completeness of thoughts is much superior to excessive brevity in the forum environment.

Interpretation of what, precisely? And is it necessarily separate from gameplay?

Style
2007-10-09, 07:00 AM
i intend the interpretation of the character and his social "adventure". pratically: more talk less fight.
sorry if icant explain myself so much but im Italian so its a bit hard 4 me to translate...

Ravyn
2007-10-09, 03:10 PM
*puts on her translator hat*

So what you're asking is what kind of interaction/combat ratio people tend to go for, I take it?

I prefer to run at approximately 65-35 in favor of interaction. Optimally, I'd increase the difference even more, since.... well, for one thing, I'm a storyteller at heart and like my characterization, and for another, the last couple combats I ran frustrated the living daylights out of me, and in electronic format it only slows things down more. Most of the live games I've been in have been 40-60 if I was lucky, though the online games I've played in have run closer to my target ratio--and one of my all-time favorite PBPs has thus far been 100-0.

The fun part, though, is when you manage to get a character across during a fight. Satisfies both sides, makes for some nifty drama, what's not to like?