PDA

View Full Version : E6 Need Templates for a Darkwood style campaign

Blackhawk748
2019-07-16, 06:16 PM
Darkwood is a survival horror game on Steam and the important part that you all need to know is that you are stuck in a forest and the shadows suck. It hides things that want to eat, stab, murder, burn or eat you. Yes, I needed to put that in twice.

Anyway, I need templates that turn things into Aberritions that are good for E6. I know of Half-Farspawn and Pseudonatural. I don't much like Psuedonatural, but I'll use it if I have no other choice.

DrMotives
2019-07-16, 06:41 PM
Underdark has the arachnoid creature template, turns animals & magical beasts into spidery aberrations.

Also, while it's not aberration type, the blightspawned template for animals & plants is thematic too. It's in Unapproachable East, and it's a disease that when it kills a plant or animal, causes that creature to come back animated as a plant monster with the template. Every month of it's life a blightspawn, it rolls a fort save that gets progressively harder. Once it fails that, it dies and spontaneously reanimates with the juju zombie template from the same book. Juju zombies are not mindless, just that they have a -6 int mod, with a minimum of 1. So fairly intelligent plant monster, such an awakened tree, would first be twisted by disease and then come back as an undead still smart enough to retain feats, skills, and class levels.

At least, I hope that's thematic enough. I've not played the game you mention, but it's a way to make the woods themselves into unexpected evil creatures, if you'd like.

Blackhawk748
2019-07-16, 07:06 PM
Underdark has the arachnoid creature template, turns animals & magical beasts into spidery aberrations.

Also, while it's not aberration type, the blightspawned template for animals & plants is thematic too. It's in Unapproachable East, and it's a disease that when it kills a plant or animal, causes that creature to come back animated as a plant monster with the template. Every month of it's life a blightspawn, it rolls a fort save that gets progressively harder. Once it fails that, it dies and spontaneously reanimates with the juju zombie template from the same book. Juju zombies are not mindless, just that they have a -6 int mod, with a minimum of 1. So fairly intelligent plant monster, such an awakened tree, would first be twisted by disease and then come back as an undead still smart enough to retain feats, skills, and class levels.

At least, I hope that's thematic enough. I've not played the game you mention, but it's a way to make the woods themselves into unexpected evil creatures, if you'd like.

Very, very nice. I like all of these, thank you very much