PDA

View Full Version : Locate Object

Yogibear41
2019-07-17, 02:39 AM
How general can you be when using the "search for general items" portion of locate object?

Can I locate object for "magic rings" or for "magic rings not already in the possession of the party" or for "magic items" etc.

Venger
2019-07-17, 03:30 AM
Any of those examples are acceptable. It just means you can use it to find a specific thing or not.

jintoya
2019-07-17, 11:53 AM
Any of those examples are acceptable. It just means you can use it to find a specific thing or not.

It's truly a versatile spell, and you can use it to find people if you are clever "locate Venger's coin-pouch" will usually find Venger if you're an adventurer or to avoid any possible saves or counter detections wait until the middle of the night and locate the targets shoes... He's not wearing them to bed likely

Had a discussion about "what constitutes an item" and we both agreed that teeth are not an item until they leave your head.

Venger
2019-07-17, 12:11 PM
It's truly a versatile spell, and you can use it to find people if you are clever "locate Venger's coin-pouch" will usually find Venger if you're an adventurer or to avoid any possible saves or counter detections wait until the middle of the night and locate the targets shoes... He's not wearing them to bed likely

Had a discussion about "what constitutes an item" and we both agreed that teeth are not an item until they leave your head.

True enough.

Shoes aren't armor, they impose no penalty, so I imagine any normal adventurer sleeps in them. If they can morph to fit any foot, i imagine they turn into slippers when it's time to sleep.