PDA

View Full Version : Need a name for this evil girl gang

Kaje
2019-07-17, 06:36 AM
I'm gming a game later today and I've been working on it for a long time but I've been stuck on a name for the group of villains. It takes place in a modern fantasy setting (think Netflix's "Bright") and the villains are a group of high school girls with their own private army. Basically it's Mean Girls meets COBRA. So I need a name for them. Please help.

AdmiralCheez
2019-07-17, 07:22 AM
I'm thinking something with either Squad or Society in the title. Leaning more toward Society since they have an army, though.

If they're big on school spirit, maybe (school mascot) Society?

Or maybe just The Influencers, playing on the social media-obsessed type people, if that exists.

Do you have any other information about them that might help with a name?

Thinker
2019-07-17, 07:39 AM
Try out High Command. It ties into the army thing and the high school thing.

Koo Rehtorb
2019-07-17, 09:38 AM
The Onyx Shore Society.

NRSASD
2019-07-17, 09:40 AM
What's their favorite modus operandi? Do they manipulate behind the scenes? Give dramatic big villain speeches while posing for the media in high school uniforms? Use superpower strength/magic to tear apart the downtown on a bad day?

Basically, we need more info.

Do they have an actual military force? Or just a bunch of fans?
Are they powerful individually, or only because they have an army?
Do people know who they are, or are they super low-profile?
Are they human? Do people know they are/aren't human?

awa
2019-07-17, 09:44 AM
The furies is always good for a female group

Sir_Chivalry
2019-07-17, 10:10 AM
Give them an aquatic theme, call them the Tide Pod

DavidSh
2019-07-17, 10:47 AM
Or "The Kindly Ones", to take the classical allusion further.

Max_Killjoy
2019-07-17, 10:59 AM
If from certain parts of the US, "Hell's Belles".

The Squad.

Mastikator
2019-07-17, 11:01 AM
I second "High Command" if their private army is composed of human mercenaries armed with modern military weapons.

But I think it should be a supernatural private army, perhaps a combination of the undead which they have created and demonic forces that grant them their powers. Then they could be "The Black Angels"

Kaje
2019-07-17, 11:39 AM
After much consideration I've decided to call them the Fear-It Squad and to rename one of the girls The Influencer. Thank you everyone for your help.

Check out our podcast, Stormwood & Associates.

Phhase
2019-07-19, 08:06 PM
Depends what their motif is. Try:
Hell's Harpies
The Sirines
The Pixie Posse

Pauly
2019-07-19, 09:49 PM
I was going to suggest “Evil Girl Group”, just as in the thread title. For fun you could run it through google translate to find a non English version that sounds better to your ear.

If you’re a Calvin and Hobbes fan G.R.O.S.S. works.

GloatingSwine
2019-07-19, 10:00 PM
Internally they don't recognise a name. Because thinking up a name for your club is such a boy thing.

Externally they have as many names as groups they interact with might think to refer to them as.

Tawmis
2019-07-19, 10:38 PM
I'm gming a game later today and I've been working on it for a long time but I've been stuck on a name for the group of villains. It takes place in a modern fantasy setting (think Netflix's "Bright") and the villains are a group of high school girls with their own private army. Basically it's Mean Girls meets COBRA. So I need a name for them. Please help.

I may be going too dark with some of these names... since Mean Girls is actually kind of funny...
But High School is a time of emotional turmoil for many...

- Sunlight's End
- Legion of Broken Hope
- The Bloody Marys
- The Siren's Call
- Crimson Sunset
- Army of Harpies

EDIT:

After much consideration I've decided to call them the Fear-It Squad and to rename one of the girls The Influencer. Thank you everyone for your help.
Check out our podcast, Stormwood & Associates.

Whoops, apparently I need to read the whole thread, not just the original post, to see you decided on a name.

Bohandas
2019-07-21, 02:41 PM
I'm thinking something with either Squad or Society in the title. Leaning more toward Society since they have an army, though.

If they're big on school spirit, maybe (school mascot) Society?

Or some pun on "spirit" as in "school spirit" and "spirit" as in a ghost or demon

GunDragon
2019-07-21, 06:44 PM
The Savage Sisters

Spore
2019-07-22, 10:16 AM
Or some pun on "spirit" as in "school spirit" and "spirit" as in a ghost or demon

Thirdly spirit can refer to alcohol which I assume teenage girls would also like.

"I am totally wasted."

"We totally wasted them."

The Fury
2019-07-22, 08:49 PM

Can I be in The Furies?