PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Making Bayonetta: Wicked Weaves

Noxangelo
2019-07-17, 07:11 AM
I am making a bayonetta-esque character and i was wondering if there was a way to simulate her wicked weaves in the rules.

I'm thinking something like a hit or crit triggering a spell effect like bigby's clenched fist or even acid splash for a single attack. Or anything similar that could be "reskined" to give the right feel.

magic items and enhancements, spells, feats and builds all welcomed.

Psyren
2019-07-17, 09:39 AM
Bayonetta is practically a god(dess). You might have better luck simply building a regular Umbran Witch.

I'd probably go with something like a Synthesist Summoner, and fluff the wicked weaves as the Eidolon's attacks. In particular, a Gundolon build would work well here.

Noxangelo
2019-07-17, 10:05 AM
lol, i'm not trying to make bayonetta, just simulate her wicked weaves. As in the character swings his sword and a ghostly sword strikes simultaneously.

Will check it out though :)

Edit: that is actually pretty close to what i'm after. thanks :)

SangoProduction
2019-07-17, 02:43 PM
Also, Spheres of Power. Mix in a bit of Black Powder Brawler (gun build found in my signature). Equipment sphere includes Unorthodox Firing, which you use a leg in place of a hand when wielding a ranged weapon, although you must still use at least one hand to fire the weapon.

Her hair demon stuff...depends on how you want to represent it. It tends to be used pretty much exclusively as attacks, rather than anything that's...truly a creature. But Conjuration sphere could allow you to create a creature, perhaps of Serpentine shape, and put it on your head, and call it hair. Otherwise, you might want to look at the Destruction sphere.

You could also take Armorist (Blaster) to gain a level-scaling gun (counts as a weapon), and possibly take Blast Types such as Air Blast which bull rushes people away to represent her summoning the giant hand thing that knocks people away.

I don't think there's any support for multiweapon fighting in Spheres of Might/Power, yet.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-07-17, 02:54 PM
Massively increase your reach with melee attacks to a few dozen feet, then mix ranged attacks with the occasional melee strike at significant range? Fluff your (much stronger) melee attacks as being wicked weaves.

DarkSoul
2019-07-17, 09:05 PM
A gish with spell thematics is my first thought.

Meditation
2019-07-18, 01:09 AM
Aegis, Dreamscarred Press. Natural attacks can represent hair attacks and the push/pull customizations let you move targets around.

Kris Moonhand
2019-07-21, 08:51 AM
A Rajah (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Rajah) with the Batal (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Batal) archetype can cause AoE bursts upon initiating their maneuvers if they choose the Sun King crossroad:

Sword of the Sun King: The batal gains a bonus combat or akashic feat at 1st level. At second level, when the batal initiates a strike that includes an attack, she can create a 30-foot line or 15-foot cone of light and fire through the target. Opponents within the affected area must succeed at a Reflex save or take 1d6 points of damage per even-numbered class level. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the batal’s class level + her initiation modifier. This damage comes from an akashic pulse of power, and as such is not reduced by damage reduction, hardness, resistances, or immunities. The target of the initial attack does not take this damage, even if they are within the area. Pretty rad, eh?

Noxangelo
2019-07-24, 05:22 AM
Thanks everyone for the input, and sorry it took so long to get back.

there were some great ideas here, the summoner/synthesist in particular looks intriguing.

I was disappointed by 3.5's lack of options (this was my first time looking at pathfinder stuff) though the synthesist seems like a pretty straight forward conversion.