PDA

View Full Version : How fitting are yuan-ti pureblood racial traits for a shulassakar bloodsworn?

Millstone85
2019-07-17, 09:03 AM
For my next character, one of my ideas is a yuan-ti pureblood whose tribe worships the couatls, and the lost creator of these celestials, instead of any of the malevolent entities normally associated with yuan-ti. This character would be a divine-soul sorcerer, tapping into the couatl blood that was mixed with that of their ancestors.

To my delight, googling "couatl yuan-ti" showed me that such beings are already part of D&D lore. On Eberron, they are called shulassakar. They come in at least three types, with corresponding yuan-ti versions:

shulassakar bloodsworn
yuan-ti pureblood

shulassakar flametouched
yuan-ti malison

shulassakar transcendant
yuan-ti abomination

Now, looking at VGtM's playable yuan-ti pureblood, I think the only necessary change would be to replace "You can speak, read, and write Common, Abyssal, and Draconic" with "You can speak, read, and write Common, Celestial, and Draconic". Also, the race would be typically lawful good.

But, to be sure, does the forum see anything else that just ought to be modified?