PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Path of the Blazebringer [Barbarian Subclass]

Amechra
2019-07-17, 09:44 AM
Path of the Blazebringer [Primal Path]

Fire strong! Fire burn everything! Fire!

3rd :- Burning Wrath
You have resistance to fire damage while raging. In addition, entering a rage causes you catch fire with the sheer intensity of your passions, remaining ablaze until the end of your rage. These flames don’t harm you or your possessions, and they shed bright light out to 30 feet and dim light for an additional 30 feet. While the flames are present, any creature takes fire damage equal to your Constitution modifier if it hits you with a melee attack from within 5 feet of you or if it touches you.

6th :- Vital Flames
Whenever you are reduced to 0 hit points, you may spend your reaction to deal fire damage equal to your Barbarian level plus your Constitution modifier to each creature within 10ft. In addition, you have advantage on any saves you make while you have 0 hit points.

10th :- Lashing Flames
Whenever you attack recklessly, you may increase your reach by 5ft for any Strength-based melee attacks you make until the beginning of your next turn. In addition, you are fully immune to fire damage while raging.

14th :- Armageddon Heart
You have resistance to fire damage. Whenever you deal fire damage to a creature, you may gain temporary hit points equal to the amount of damage you dealt.

---

Yes, Armageddon Heart works with Vital Flames to stand you back up after being dropped to 0.

Brother12
2019-07-18, 05:56 PM
Time for a dwarven grappler.

The level 6 ability should clarify to say "all creatures within 10 ft of you" or something similar. Other than that, it looks decent.

Amechra
2019-07-18, 06:58 PM
The level 6 ability should clarify to say "all creatures within 10 ft of you" or something similar. Other than that, it looks decent.

Just decent? You wound me, Brother12, you wound me :smallwink:.

I took the wording from the Phoenix sorcerer subclass, so I think I've got it right. I'll double-check, though.

sandmote
2019-07-19, 10:48 PM
What is the goal of this subclass?

If you just want fire damage, see the Path of the Storm Herald's desert option. So I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

6th :- Vital Flames
Whenever you are reduced to 0 hit points, you may spend your reaction to deal fire damage equal to your Barbarian level plus your Constitution modifier to each creature within 10ft. In addition, you have advantage on any saves you make while you have 0 hit points.

14th :- Armageddon Heart
You have resistance to fire damage. Whenever you deal fire damage to a creature, you may gain temporary hit points equal to the amount of damage you dealt.

---

Yes, Armageddon Heart works with Vital Flames to stand you back up after being dropped to 0.

If it did that would be broken. However, that's not how this works:

If you have 0 hit points, receiving temporary hit points doesn't restore you to consciousness or stabilize you. They can still absorb damage directed at you while you're in that state, but only true healing can save you.

Amechra
2019-07-20, 06:42 AM
What is the goal of this subclass?

If you just want fire damage, see the Path of the Storm Herald's desert option. So I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

If it did that would be broken. However, that's not how this works:

It's the Phoenix Sorcerous Origin. Except on a Barbarian. Also, "Barbarian on fire with the flames of their passion, like with the Blazing Berserker feat from 3.X" isn't really covered by anything?

Dang it, I remembered Relentless Rage incorrectly. How annoying.

The goal was that you'd hit 0, make your save for Relentless Rage, heal 1 HP, burn up everyone with Vital Flames, and be at 1+Con+Level. I'll probably move Vital Flames up and explicitly link it with passing your save for Relentless Rage (or give it out as an extra 1/long "don't die" option. Choices choices.)