PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Changer Class

Bannan_mantis
2019-07-18, 09:50 AM
so after homebrewing and playing dnd for a while I think I've gotten to the point where I maybe can make a class. I did it in the past with...less than stellar results but I feel those were learning experiences and I hope this is at a adequate level for what a class should be. I don't feel that I'm ready to go onto later level features of this so I want to try and set in stone the themes of the class, the way certain abilities work and will progress and weaknesses to keep it in check. So, I bring you the Changer Class!....Levels 1-5. Any input for this would be very helpful and appreciated.

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rJr-Ys_LJr

So there's multiple reasons to why I made this into a class and couldn't do the idea justice as just subclasses but to sum up multiple of them and also give the biggest reason is that one order of magic with one specific casting style was represented by subclasses in 4 different class. Since all the different schools of this order and way it worked meant that a subclass on just one class was going to be missing some ideas and if they weren't then it'd be a huge subclass. Also, through the document you can find out lore about the Changers which should give more idea into why I've broken them up like this.

foobar1969
2019-08-08, 07:06 AM
so after homebrewing and playing dnd for a while I think I've gotten to the point where I maybe can make a class. I did it in the past with...less than stellar results but I feel those were learning experiences and I hope this is at a adequate level for what a class should be. I don't feel that I'm ready to go onto later level features of this so I want to try and set in stone the themes of the class, the way certain abilities work and will progress and weaknesses to keep it in check. So, I bring you the Changer Class!....Levels 1-5. Any input for this would be very helpful and appreciated.

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rJr-Ys_LJr

I can see you put a lot of work into this class. I guess the lore is from your home game world?

The table has a column for "Enhancement Point Limit". Is that the total number of points available (per long rest)? Your wording is unclear.

Adding half your Con mod to nearly all d20 rolls seems potentially overpowered.

Unlimited healing (from your school of regeneration) is probably broken. Ring of Regeneration is very rare, requires attunement, and heals about 1 HP per 3 minutes. You're offering an ability 100x as powerful as a 1st level option.