PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a feat

Stryyke
2019-07-18, 10:15 AM
So a long time ago, in a land far far away, I was reading a feat list. One of the feats I saw gave a defense bonus for using two-handed weapons. It wasn't Combat Expertise. Does anyone know of a feat like that, and what the source book is for it?

wookietek
2019-07-18, 10:42 AM
PF has Shield of Swings which gives +4 shield bonus at the cost of doing half damage, iirc

MisterKaws
2019-07-18, 10:49 AM
Two-Weapon Defense. It's right below Two-Weapon Fighting in the Player's Handbook Feat table.

Stryyke
2019-07-18, 10:57 AM
Two-Weapon Defense. It's right below Two-Weapon Fighting in the Player's Handbook Feat table.

Not two weapon. Two-handed weapon.

ShurikVch
2019-07-18, 11:11 AM
Nimble Deflections (Dragon #335) + Circle Master (Dragon Compendium)
Nimble Deflections gives +2 shield bonus to AC when wielding a two-handed weapon and using the Dodge feat
Circle Master allows to use Dodge feat against all the foes you threaten at the same time (-2 to AC if attacked by creature you do not threaten)

Stryyke
2019-07-18, 11:47 AM
Nimble Deflections (Dragon #335) + Circle Master (Dragon Compendium)
Nimble Deflections gives +2 shield bonus to AC when wielding a two-handed weapon and using the Dodge feat
Circle Master allows to use Dodge feat against all the foes you threaten at the same time (-2 to AC if attacked by creature you do not threaten)

That was it! Thanks!

MisterKaws
2019-07-18, 11:54 AM
Not two weapon. Two-handed weapon.

Damn, I'm blind.

In that case, there are a lot more options. If you're using a Longsword or another one-handed weapon as two-handed, taking your hand off the weapon is a free action. Look for feats that require a free hand and you can use those just fine. I think you can even take your hand off a two-handed weapon, but if you try attacking with it, it counts as an oversized one-handed weapon.

Coventry
2019-07-19, 06:05 PM
I'm a bit late to the party, but Pathfinder's Vigilante class has this option:

Shield of Blades (Ex): The vigilante’s wild attacks allow him to block his foes’ counterattacks. He gains Power Attack as a bonus feat. If he already has the Power Attack feat, he can immediately swap it for another feat for which he qualified at the level he chose Power Attack. When he takes an attack or full attack action, if he uses Power Attack on every attack to make melee attacks that use his Strength bonus on attack rolls, he gains a shield bonus to his AC until his next turn equal to his penalty on attack rolls from Power Attack. This bonus applies only if he actually takes that penalty on at least one of the attack rolls.