PDA

View Full Version : Pump my Ride (simple question)

Jade_Tarem
2007-10-09, 03:59 PM
Hi there. I've been looking for whatever feat it is that lets you pick up better paladin mounts than your standard heavy warhorse, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know what it is, what it does, and where to find it?

(I already know about leadership, btw - I'm hoping for something more focused on the mount, but if it comes to that I have a use for all those followers that fits into the campaign).

I know that there may be multiple answers too - I'm open to all suggestions.

Jasdoif
2007-10-09, 04:05 PM
If I recall right, you don't actually need a feat to do it, anymore then a Druid needs a feat to select an alternate animal companion. There's a list of alternate Paladin mounts (and the level at which you can acquire them) in the DMG. I don't have access to it right now though, so I can't give you the page number.

Bryn
2007-10-09, 04:11 PM
Unusual mounts: DMG page 204. :smallwink:

No feat is needed but they get extra HD, Natural Armour, Strength and Int later than standard mounts. There are various tables for different mounts and guidelines for choosing others.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-10-09, 04:13 PM
A list of alternate mounts is in the DMG. However, you can take Leadership to get better mounts then usual (silver dragons or phoenix. . . es:smalltongue: )

EDIT: Wow, everybody above me is a bugbear. You don't see three in a row post that often.

bigbaddragon
2007-10-09, 07:48 PM
There is a feat in Draconomicon, "Dragon Steed" which gives you Dragonnel (Draconomicon page 151) as a loyal mount.