PDA

View Full Version : Radiant sun bolt and spell sniper

Setharious
2019-07-19, 10:01 AM
So radiant sun bolt is a 'ranged spell attack', so I assume that with spell sniper it would not double the range, but would ignore cover?

Are there any ways to increase the range of radiant sun bolt?

Rukelnikov
2019-07-19, 10:35 AM
It would definitely make sun bolts ignore cover.

On the other point... I can't think of a way to increase their range, gonna look for it, but don't think there's a way.

Dungeon-noob
2019-07-19, 10:52 AM
Sorcerer, Extend Metamagic. Increases the range *somewhat*. Or for maximum OP, Lore wizard had something that allowed ludicrous range extensions, but that's lore wiz.

leogobsin
2019-07-19, 10:55 AM
Sorcerer, Extend Metamagic. Increases the range *somewhat*. Or for maximum OP, Lore wizard had something that allowed ludicrous range extensions, but that's lore wiz.

Distant Spell is the one that increases range, and unfortunately that wouldn't work either. Distant Spell says "When you cast a spell that has a range of 5 feet or greater", and Radiant Sun Bolt isn't a spell.

Vogie
2019-07-19, 01:20 PM
It's a spell attack that isn't a spell, which is an odd duck.

I'd probably ask the DM to create bracers or set of gloves that do that specifically, either as a plan-collection-creation quest, or by defeating an evil monk that has similar abilities.

Trickery
2019-07-19, 10:50 PM

I'd probably ask the DM to create bracers or set of gloves that do that specifically, either as a plan-collection-creation quest, or by defeating an evil monk that has similar abilities.

Or just tweak spell sniper ever so slightly so that it doubles the range of all ranged spell attacks.

ad_hoc
2019-07-20, 02:49 AM

If you're going to do that, just houserule it.

Simpler.