PDA

View Full Version : Halo d20.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-10-09, 04:46 PM
Fellow Halo fans, lets try to make a good Halo RPG. I don't know why, but I think we can pull it off if Star Wars could.

Waspinator
2007-10-09, 09:22 PM
Probably doable with a modification of the Star Wars ones you just mentioned, due to both being action-heavy sci-fi settings. Jedi and their related items/concepts would have to go of course, but many of the other character classes and equipment could be reused, such as the rules for starships and energy weapons. I see no reason why the same combat rules couldn't apply to an Imperial Star Destroyer and to the Truth and Reconciliation. For less exotic, more realistic weapons like the humans use in Halo the d20 Modern rules could be raided. The biggest thing I can think of that would need to be done would be to come up with stats for the various Covenant races and for specialized things like Spartan armor.

SurlySeraph
2007-10-09, 09:27 PM
Most of the necessary work has already been done for you, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40074&highlight=Halo). The search function is your friend.