PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Things to do with Inscribe Magical Tattoo (Item Creation)

_Zoot_
2019-07-19, 08:11 PM
I'm looking for some idea about what is worth doing with the above feat.

I have a 12th level Gnomish Tattooed Sorcerer who has just come into a bit of money (and is likely to come into some more soon, if the party plays our cards right!). I can't help but feel that there must be some neat things to do with this feat, and my DM is not against us using item creation, as long as we don't go over the top with it.

Can anyone help me come up with some interesting/cool uses for this feat? The sample Magical Tattoos listed on the SRD are interesting, but there are not many of them to go off!

Thanks for any ideas you can give!

Azoth
2019-07-20, 01:49 AM
The most common use of it is to effectively double your item slots, and gain the ability to craft rings several levels early.

A common tactic I have seen people use is to tattoo on your basic stat enhancers, cloak of resistance, and ring of protection to free up your actual magic item slots for more fun or flavorful item choices.

Another one I have see is people use it to tattoo on already slotless Wonderous Items for style since they shouldn't take up one of your tattoo slots. Things like tattooing a Handy Haversack into the palm of your hands, or making a star motif neck tattoo out of Ioun Stones, and other more stylized choices.

Maat Mons
2019-07-20, 02:24 AM
A tattoo is pretty hard to take away from you. And if the tattoo is on your scalp, where your hair covers it, it's hard to even know you have it. That might be an interesting angle to work.

_Zoot_
2019-07-22, 05:47 AM
I didn't think about using it to craft rings, and I do like the idea of using to make those items that everyone carries. The idea of hiding a tattoo under hair is a good one! I don't think people would expect or look for something there!