PDA

View Full Version : Can you make a gish with Scar Enforcer?

danielxcutter
2019-07-20, 09:36 AM
I only really have a few things I will not compromise on:

- +16 BAB or higher by ECL 20; for that 4th iterative.

- Obtain 20 levels of casting by ECL 27(yes, I'm intending for an epic level NPC). I can compromise a bit on this, but I still want 9ths. Probably Sorcerer, I guess?

- As many levels in Scar Enforcer as reasonably possible while still getting both of the above options.

...can it be done? Abjurant Champion can be entered with Rogue weapon proficiency, but not Eldritch Knight or some other full-BAB PrC. Hmm...

MisterKaws
2019-07-20, 09:50 AM
Sure, Bard 1 into Duskblade 9 into Sublime Chord 1 into Abjurant Champion 5 into Scar Enforcer 10 is level 26 with full Sublime Chord advancement and 17 BAB+3 EAB. You have to eat the cross-class ranks into Perform, though, since Scar Enforcer doesn't let you pick Human Paragon. It's hardly optimal either, but I think you already know it.

pabelfly
2019-07-20, 01:36 PM
Having a quick look at Scar Enforcer - is there anything mechanical you're really liking about the class, or is your interest more based on the fluff of the class (which I rather like too)?

danielxcutter
2019-07-20, 05:40 PM
Having a quick look at Scar Enforcer - is there anything mechanical you're really liking about the class, or is your interest more based on the fluff of the class (which I rather like too)?

Mostly fluff, plus the facts that it has partial spell progression, sneak attack, and 3/4 BAB, along with a few other things - though to be honest, at first I misremembered it as having full BAB, so yeah.

Maat Mons
2019-07-20, 06:22 PM
You don't need to do anything fancy to meet those requirements.

Pre-Epic
Fighter or whatever 1
Sorcerer, Wizard, or whatever 6
Eldritch Knight 10
Scar Enforcer 3

Epic
Scar Enforcer +7

Attack: +16
Sorcerer/Wizard/whatever casting: 20th level

I'm sure much more optimized things could be done though.

MisterKaws
2019-07-20, 06:26 PM
Mostly fluff, plus the facts that it has partial spell progression, sneak attack, and 3/4 BAB, along with a few other things - though to be honest, at first I misremembered it as having full BAB, so yeah.

The only problem with it is that Unseen Seer is twice as powerful in every aspect with none of the limitations.

danielxcutter
2019-07-21, 04:51 AM
The only problem with it is that Unseen Seer is twice as powerful in every aspect with none of the limitations.

I did say "mainly" fluff.

You don't need to do anything fancy to meet those requirements.

Pre-Epic
Fighter or whatever 1
Sorcerer, Wizard, or whatever 6
Eldritch Knight 10
Scar Enforcer 3

Epic
Scar Enforcer +7

Attack: +16
Sorcerer/Wizard/whatever casting: 20th level

I'm sure much more optimized things could be done though.

You need Bluff 8 ranks, Hide 4 ranks, Move Silently 4 ranks...

Wait, I'm being stupid. Ranger for Hide and Move Silently, Sorcerer for Bluff. Replace some Eldritch Knight levels with Abjurant Champion and yeah, I think that actually works!

Now for feats and stuff, but main problem has been solved!