PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Paizo Forums on the Fritz?

Palanan
2019-07-20, 10:38 AM
I’ve been trying to access the Paizo forums this morning, and they keep sending me to full-screen commercials for the new edition of Pathfinder.

It’s not consistent—sometimes I can access active threads and sometimes I can’t—so I’m not sure if this is intentional or if this is advertising gone wrong. Is anyone else having these issues?

Psyren
2019-07-20, 11:14 AM
https://paizo.com/community/forums/community/pathfinder

Works fine for me.

(Weren't you also having problems with the AoNPRD search? If you keep having issues, maybe try clearing your cache/cookies from your browser.)

Rynjin
2019-07-20, 11:15 AM
The forums are often down or have something weird going on, but they're working fine for me ATM.

Palanan
2019-07-20, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Psyren
Works fine for me.

Thanks. That link takes me straight to a full-page splash for "Pathfinder: The Next Evolution in Tabletop Roleplaying," which they want me to know is available for preorder.

Following the "Learn More" tab takes me to a long, long page promoting all the upcoming PF2 products. I can intermittently reach the forums by selecting individual threads from my recent history, but when I try to jump to, for instance, "Pathfinder RPG General Discussion," it takes me straight back to the splash page.

This is happening in both Firefox and Safari, so it doesn't seem like a browser issue on my end.

Psyren
2019-07-20, 11:48 AM
I'm using Chrome and it's fine. Not sure what to tell you...

lightningcat
2019-07-20, 12:24 PM
Thanks. That link takes me straight to a full-page splash for "Pathfinder: The Next Evolution in Tabletop Roleplaying," which they want me to know is available for preorder.

Following the "Learn More" tab takes me to a long, long page promoting all the upcoming PF2 products. I can intermittently reach the forums by selecting individual threads from my recent history, but when I try to jump to, for instance, "Pathfinder RPG General Discussion," it takes me straight back to the splash page.

This is happening in both Firefox and Safari, so it doesn't seem like a browser issue on my end.

Same problem here, and I am using Brave. This was happening all day yesterday too.

Kraynic
2019-07-20, 01:10 PM
Interesting issue (using Firefox 68.0.1 here). If I click on the link Psyren posted, it takes me to the forums just fine. If I then click on forums to go to the main index, that works fine. But, once there, if I click on Pathfinder to go back to the Pathfinder section of the forums, it sometimes takes me there, and sometimes takes me to that splash screen. Pretty bazaar, since it isn't reliable. Maybe they are tinkering with the site in preparation of changes when PF2 is released?

Palanan
2019-07-20, 01:13 PM
Okay, I appreciate the confirmation.

For me it's completely unpredictable. I can check a thread, but then I'm slammed back to the splash page when I try to return to the subforum. I've been able to post, but when I tried to go back to that thread I was shot to the splash page instead.

Checking the subforum for website issues, apparently people have been having massive problems with navigating the site for the past 24 hours at least. It's happening in a variety of browsers, so definitely a Paizo issue rather than a user issue.

And, look! I just tried to back out of that specific thread, and I'm slammed back to the splash page.

StevenC21
2019-07-20, 03:30 PM
One more reason to hate P2.

Palanan
2019-07-20, 03:56 PM
I don't hate P2. There's enough hate on the internet already, I don't feel like adding to it.

As for the Paizo site issues, there does seem to be a pattern, or at least a tendency for the problem to become worse when back-clicking to leave a thread. There's plenty of discussion in their Website Feedback subforum (when people can get on to post, I guess) but no response from Paizo yet, maybe because this first cropped up late on Friday.

soullos
2019-07-20, 05:40 PM
Yeah it's doing the same thing to me right now, sometimes sending me back to the homepage. But, keep trying and it'll eventually get in. Not sure what's wrong with their forums, but I've always felt their forums were wonky and slow so I'm not surprised it's being dumb.

Rynjin
2019-07-20, 08:33 PM
I don't hate P2. There's enough hate on the internet already, I don't feel like adding to it.

Especially since the probably most relevant emotion for PF2 is confusion, not hate. Unless the final version is significantly different than the playtest down to its basic deisgn philosophy it will be kind of interesting dissecting this RPG after the fact and figuring out why and for whom it was made.

Palanan
2019-07-20, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Rynjin
Especially since the probably most relevant emotion for PF2 is…

…mild indifference, in my case. PF2 is somewhere on the horizon, its tiny sails barely visible above the distant waves. I’m happy to let it beat against the wind, tack upon tack, until it’s out of my sight entirely. I’m still fairly new to PF1, and there are oceans enough to explore in that direction.